T-Mobile Considering Purchase of Sprint (Recent News)

The rumor about Deutsche Telekom/T-Mobile buying Sprint out has been around for several years now.

Should they decide to buy Sprint, they probably aren't interested to retain Sprint's Sprint Relay division/unit.

No way, it's not good for Sprint and I had seen too many companies buyout, not surprised.

I don't like companies that merge, like Cingular merging with AT&T, Nextel merging with Sprint, Alltel merging with Verizon, etc.

If that true, then there would be hybrid GSM and CDMA then next step, CDMA will shut for a good.

My contract with Sprint won't expire until November of 2010.

I don't like companies that merge, like Cingular merging with AT&T, Nextel merging with Sprint, Alltel merging with Verizon, etc.

Cingular was former bellsouth and SBC, I believe so so form into att mobility after SBC bought att in 2005.

All of merge, except for Sprint-Nextel are good reason but Sprint-Nextel is no way, that how hurt Sprint.

Cingular was former bellsouth and SBC, I believe so so form into att mobility after SBC bought att in 2005.

All of merge, except for Sprint-Nextel are good reason but Sprint-Nextel is no way, that how hurt Sprint.
Yeah, you are correct about BellSouth/SBC jointly-owning Cingular. The reason SBC bought AT&T because it is an internationally-recognized brand. They only wanted the name and to keep BellSouth from buying it. Poor BellSouth didn't see it coming.

Yeah, Sprint/Nextel deal was a big disaster. Sprint should probably never have abolished Nextel in the first place.

Yeah, you are correct about BellSouth/SBC jointly-owning Cingular. The reason SBC bought AT&T because it is an internationally-recognized brand. They only wanted the name and to keep BellSouth from buying it. Poor BellSouth didn't see it coming.

Yeah, Sprint/Nextel deal was a big disaster. Sprint should probably never have abolished Nextel in the first place.

Which is why I don't like cell phone companies merging into one. I'm hoping to see companies low prices on cell phone plans as I'm paying 20 cents a minute. With my Sprint bill of $90, that includes a $50 data plan, 300 text messaging plan for $5 that I made the most out of for texting with my family, and about 120 to 150 worth of minutes that my family insisted on having voice conversations with me (my mom is with Alltel that was bought by Verizon). I tried to be reasonable with my family, but sometimes I just broke out with her by only texting/e-mailing, but my mom is getting me a "junk" Verizon phone for voice conversations only. However, that's just personal and I'm going too far off-topic here.

It'd be nice to pay 10 cents a minute instead of 20 or 25 cents. I tried to make the most of my text messaging plan, but my family doesn't have a messaging phone. I just wanted to pay on my own while still being so cheap as I'm a college student... :(

I hope T-Mobile and Sprint do NOT merge.

IT's because T-mobile wants to get more coverage...is their selling point.

When I was at camp site, they're good service on Tmobile sidekick 3 and above it's automatic switch to Cingalur (ATT subcontract with Tmobile) Tmobile pays ATT for my coverage area during vacation trips. I bet Tmobile would buy sprint to get more coverage area. when the ATT goes out of service. My sidekick 3 have tri-band (800, 1700 and 1800) the Tmobile's band is 1700 and Cingalur's band is 1800. The Sprint uses EDGE band for palmheld cellphones as Blackberry and etc. I have wait till my Sidekick 3 goes expire in few month, I might get newer sidekick with EDGE enabled.

When I was at camp site, they're good service on Tmobile sidekick 3 and above it's automatic switch to Cingalur (ATT subcontract with Tmobile) Tmobile pays ATT for my coverage area during vacation trips. I bet Tmobile would buy sprint to get more coverage area. when the ATT goes out of service. My sidekick 3 have tri-band (800, 1700 and 1800) the Tmobile's band is 1700 and Cingalur's band is 1800. The Sprint uses EDGE band for palmheld cellphones as Blackberry and etc. I have wait till my Sidekick 3 goes expire in few month, I might get newer sidekick with EDGE enabled.

Tmobile and Sprint has different network, tmobile use GSM and Sprint use CDMA so you wouldn't able to use Sprint network on your sidekick if support GSM only.

Tmobile and Sprint has different network, tmobile use GSM and Sprint use CDMA so you wouldn't able to use Sprint network on your sidekick if support GSM only.
I believe it is possible... It has been done in Europe and Asia before.

Which is why I don't like cell phone companies merging into one. I'm hoping to see companies low prices on cell phone plans as I'm paying 20 cents a minute. With my Sprint bill of $90, that includes a $50 data plan, 300 text messaging plan for $5 that I made the most out of for texting with my family, and about 120 to 150 worth of minutes that my family insisted on having voice conversations with me (my mom is with Alltel that was bought by Verizon). I tried to be reasonable with my family, but sometimes I just broke out with her by only texting/e-mailing, but my mom is getting me a "junk" Verizon phone for voice conversations only. However, that's just personal and I'm going too far off-topic here.

It'd be nice to pay 10 cents a minute instead of 20 or 25 cents. I tried to make the most of my text messaging plan, but my family doesn't have a messaging phone. I just wanted to pay on my own while still being so cheap as I'm a college student... :(
Yes, I agree it would be nice to have that option. It sucks not being able to use some features (because of deafness). We shouldn't have to pay for stuff that we cannot/don't use.

I believe it is possible... It has been done in Europe and Asia before.

Not true, don't compare with CDMA2000 and WCDMA, both of them are separated.

CDMA2000 is very popular for US and Canada since WCDMA is very popular for GSM carriers that use for 3G only in rest of world, that what att and tmobile use WCDMA for 3G since Verizon and Sprint use CDMA2000.

Combine with GSM and CDMA would cost alot for phone so tmobile would experience about separation on between CDMA and GSM.

Remember, Nextel use IDEN so Sprint purchased it and it's not same network and that how Sprint hurt so it could happen to tmobile.

My BB does support CDMA and GSM in combined but it's not simple because you need sim card to read on GSM since CDMA don't use sim card, it would be complicate when use GSM and CDMA in combined for US, IMO.

GSM vs CDMA

Not true, don't compare with CDMA2000 and WCDMA, both of them are separated.

CDMA2000 is very popular for US and Canada since WCDMA is very popular for GSM carriers that use for 3G only in rest of world, that what att and tmobile use WCDMA for 3G since Verizon and Sprint use CDMA2000.

Combine with GSM and CDMA would cost alot for phone so tmobile would experience about separation on between CDMA and GSM.

Remember, Nextel use IDEN so Sprint purchased it and it's not same network and that how Sprint hurt so it could happen to tmobile.

My BB does support CDMA and GSM in combined but it's not simple because you need sim card to read on GSM since CDMA don't use sim card, it would be complicate when use GSM and CDMA in combined for US, IMO.

Yes, thats correct. GSM covers 85 to 90% market internationally. CDMA has about 10% market primarily in North America such as Canada and USA. Japan and South Korea's CDMA technology is totally different from the rest of the world. Even Sprint/Verizon/Atell Blackberry devices won't work in those Asian countries. In other words, Sprint BlackBerry models except 8830 and Tour also won't work in other GSM 250 plus countries.

It is likely for Deutsche Telekom AG to offer a bid on Sprint in several weeks from now.

Further link: CDMA vs GSM - Difference and Comparison - Diffen

Back