Superbowl winnings dating question

VacationGuy234

Reaction score
The Superbowl is coming up this weekend. There will be a lot of Superbowl square pools going around and I thought I would ask this question:

If you got into a pool that had a payout of hundreds of dollars and you won the entire game while you were at a party with your boyfriend/girlfriend, would you give half your winnings to your girlfriend/boyfriend? Would you view you both as part of a team who won together or yourself as a single person?

Last edited:
I would leave it to each of their own. I don't think my girlfriend's Mom will like it if I betted on Super Bowl.

Not unless we split 50/50 ahead of betting....I would feel no obligation to share if it was my $$ that made the bet....then again, more than likely, I would say..."Let's go out to eat, my treat!"....

I'm with Rockin Robin... If it was 50/50 split of the bet then 50/50 split of the winnings.

If I placed the bet on my own, then the money is alllllll mine baby!

I would not split it, but maybe use the money for a special date out at a restaurant that is more expensive than normal.

Instead of giving her half of your winnings, just take her out to a nice dinner. :)

I remember when I was in high school. I attended a Super Bowl party at a friend's house. My friend's dad was hosting a Super Bowl pool. The way he had it done was that each square is worth $1 and it's on a 10 x 10 grid. The numbers were covered up. So, no one would know what the numbers were until the whole pool was filled. When the pool was filled, he revealed the numbers... which were random. These numbers represented the total of scores combined. For instance, if Team A got 14 points and Team B got 21 points, that's 1+4=5 and 2+1=3. The winnings were given per quarter... $25 per quarter.

My friend's dad's boss was lucky enough to win all 4!

Eeew! There's a different word for females that do that, and it's not girlfriend.

HUH! Why do feel that way? They're talking about sharing the win with a g/f , I do not see it as dirty if they have sex later on .

The Superbowl is coming up this weekend. There will be a lot of Superbowl square pools going around and I thought I would ask this question:

If you got into a pool that had a payout of hundreds of dollars and you won the entire game while you were at a party with your boyfriend/girlfriend, would you give half your winnings to your girlfriend/boyfriend? Would you view you both as part of a team who won together or yourself as a single person?

oh yeah, that reminds me...GO GIANTS!!!:D

sorry that Patriots lost. I was thinking of betting on them to win. Glad that I didn't.

that's for you and your gf to decide.

the way I go - no bet, no money.

Our team lost :( We both love NE Patriots and we have each other ;)

Back