Suggestions please and thank you

Hearing aids no matter what didnt help me, they just couldnt push the power needed and burned out all the time. CI is the best way to go and Im very happy with mine.

Hearing aids no matter what didnt help me, they just couldnt push the power needed and burned out all the time. CI is the best way to go and Im very happy with mine.

But that's you, for the OP it may be a better set of hearing aids. One should always try everything before going the CI route. It doesn't work for everyone or they'd recommend that everyone skip hearing aids and get a CI....

Give the Super 440 a shot....

But that's you, for the OP it may be a better set of hearing aids. One should always try everything before going the CI route. It doesn't work for everyone or they'd recommend that everyone skip hearing aids and get a CI....

Give the Super 440 a shot....
I agree, but hearing aids only help so much, and for that individual to find that point that is their limit, Like my audi told me with my last pair... HA arent going to help me anymore and CI is my only other option, I wish I would have had more info and resources back when and got CI a LOOOONNNNGGGG time ago.

With your loss you should of been in a Naida UP and not an SP. Perhaps give an Oticon Chili a try. I would also give another audi a try. As to finding a smaller superpower aid, I don't think there is such an animal.

What is the difference between the UP and SP?

I agree, but hearing aids only help so much, and for that individual to find that point that is their limit, Like my audi told me with my last pair... HA arent going to help me anymore and CI is my only other option, I wish I would have had more info and resources back when and got CI a LOOOONNNNGGGG time ago.

Hi~! Long time no see. Have you seen my audiogram? I posted it up above in the thread. I love that everyone on here is giving me a suggestion. I tried several years ago to go through for the CI while the hubby was still in the service. I could not be a candidate at the time. I think I want to exhaust all my possibilities before I go that route.. Once you go that way, there's no going back. In all reality.. I will call myself a big chicken here.. I am to scared to do that. :eek:

Power output. With the Naida's you also need an audi that is very familiar with setting them up or you won't be happy.

that is what I was thinking.. I may need someone really familiar with the product. I am going to hunt down my audi that left his facility and went to work at Costco. He was very familiar with Phonak. I bet I would of had an easier time adjusting than putting up with the migraines and depression. I was a mess.. a big big mess. I am currently still wearing my analog and am learning a lot about the aids. I am all maxed out on everything and have very little range of volume left. Its very upsetting… not to many will understand.. been living on these particular aids and minimal changes in my audio gram for the last 25 plus years.

With your loss you should of been in a Naida UP and not an SP. Perhaps give an Oticon Chili a try. I would also give another audi a try. As to finding a smaller superpower aid, I don't think there is such an animal.

booooo~! I wish there was a smaller aid. I will find something that will work for me and not fall off my tiny ears.

Oticon Chili might work. My loss is in the profound range with an average of 105 db in both ears. I am using the Chili and it seems to work pretty well though some days I'd rather stay off because they ARE very powerful (and some sounds I apparently can't stand that I didn't hear with the Sumos).

(my audiogram shows low pitches with a loss somewhere around 100 mid range goes down a bit then high range is odd- it goes up a little to around 90 then drops (I hear most women's voices better than men, you'd think I'd hear kids voices well too but I can't understand them anyway).

Oticon Chili might work. My loss is in the profound range with an average of 105 db in both ears. I am using the Chili and it seems to work pretty well though some days I'd rather stay off because they ARE very powerful (and some sounds I apparently can't stand that I didn't hear with the Sumos).

(my audiogram shows low pitches with a loss somewhere around 100 mid range goes down a bit then high range is odd- it goes up a little to around 90 then drops (I hear most women's voices better than men, you'd think I'd hear kids voices well too but I can't understand them anyway).

It sounds like you have a reverse slope loss.

booooo~! I wish there was a smaller aid. I will find something that will work for me and not fall off my tiny ears.

You could try the Naida Q90 RIC's they are smaller. Another option is to send your analog's out to someplace like www.DirectHearingAidServices.com and see if they can rebuild them. You never know. You could also call them @ 1-888-580-4327 and ask Tom if they could do a rebuild for you. Good luck!

You could try the Naida Q90 RIC's they are smaller. Another option is to send your analog's out to someplace like www.DirectHearingAidServices.com and see if they can rebuild them. You never know. You could also call them @ 1-888-580-4327 and ask Tom if they could do a rebuild for you. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Have you used this particular service? My aids are very, very, very old. I wear Rexton's analog. So far a few I have had fixed.. are coming back not completely fixed from my audiologist that I grew up with in Missouri. He is going to retire soon. I have had them come back with a volume wheel with no numbers, so I can't tell where I am at for level or the T coil is worse than what it was before I sent them off.

Thanks for the advice. Have you used this particular service? My aids are very, very, very old. I wear Rexton's analog. So far a few I have had fixed.. are coming back not completely fixed from my audiologist that I grew up with in Missouri. He is going to retire soon. I have had them come back with a volume wheel with no numbers, so I can't tell where I am at for level or the T coil is worse than what it was before I sent them off.

Yes, I have used them several times. They are very good, reliable and quick. I would call first or send them an email addressed to Tom before sending them in and see if he can do the work. Good luck!

I have used them too. I have been happy with the results.

If I take them to an audi for repair they just send them to a shop like this. Can save the middleman markup by sending it directly to them.

That is great that you can get them for free. I basically was able to do the same while my husband was in the military. We only had a co-pay for the visit. Now.. its a sticker shock and its not like we can shell out the money as if we had a money tree in our back yard. I have three kids, two are in college and one more will be in college soon. It bites.. really really bites.

My biological father was American airforce his wife is still covered for many things.I not American so I don't know system but was always led to believe vets and families get it free.

My biological father was American airforce his wife is still covered for many things.I not American so I don't know system but was always led to believe vets and families get it free.
Nope.

While on active duty, the military member gets free medical care, and the dependents get some care free and some at very low cost.

After military member's time is up, if he or she gets an Honorable Discharge, the veteran can apply for Veterans' Administration medical services. They may or may not be accepted into the program, depending on the criteria that is met.

Military retirees can apply either to VA or get Tricare medical insurance (low cost).

Family dependents can be included in the Tricare coverage plan at relatively low cost but it's not free.

Nope.

While on active duty, the military member gets free medical care, and the dependents get some care free and some at very low cost.

After military member's time is up, if he or she gets an Honorable Discharge, the veteran can apply for Veterans' Administration medical services. They may or may not be accepted into the program, depending on the criteria that is met.

Military retirees can apply either to VA or get Tricare medical insurance (low cost).

Family dependents can be included in the Tricare coverage plan at relatively low cost but it's not free.

My hubby is retired and you are right. I still get medical coverage from Tri-Care but not any coverage for the aids. My hubby on the other hand can apply for VA but has current excellent coverage through Tri-Care.

I have used them too. I have been happy with the results.

If I take them to an audi for repair they just send them to a shop like this. Can save the middleman markup by sending it directly to them.

I plan to have my hubby call them and ask to make sure. I would really like to keep these as long as possible but I am also thinking it might be time to move forward…

Back