Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my ASL 1 final tomorrow... ack! I'm a little nervous for it, but I think I'll do okay. I'll be on Skype tonight and tomorrow if anybody would like to say hello.

For those who may try to contact me via Skype or P3, my time in the evenings here in Florida is limited with lights on for the webcam. Hubby got moved to first shift and gets up between 4-5 am. It's lights out no later than 8pm so he can sleep and the computer is in the bedroom as there's nowhere else in this cramped little house.

Hopefully I will have more time soon as we may be moving. It keeps going on and off again, but we shall see.

We're ASL buddies and and good friends
On each other we can depend
This attitude and behavior will always continue
Whether I am sad or angry
Talking with you, stops me from being upset
My ASL buddies are true
Hearts filled with love, kindness, respect-------you do
Thank you, thank you:ty:

i understand dont be upset. I can help you I teach you sign language. I knwo you are upset. please dont upset because be positive friendly i know you are frustrated. plesae patient learn how your skillls learn improve you skills. How can you focus on american sign language. I know you are lots of need to help solve. i know help you teach sign language. I know you are upset. dont be worry. Please positive. :)

I hope be Mrs.Bucket will better. I understand. oh sorry hear her has problem eye really happened. really I understand she feel better hope improve eye better. I never heard about to mrs.bucket reallly has condition. I understand she is feeling well. I hope be you feeling better improve :) Great

Travis, I am glad that you are feeling much better. It is so kind of you to help everyone and to do your other things too. How lucky to have you here to help and befriend people. Thank you for your time and kindness.

I'll see if I can join the justin.tv group one Sunday :)
what are the details of the room there etc and how to get started (I signed up but haven't used the site before ...)

Travis, I am glad that you are feeling much better. It is so kind of you to help everyone and to do your other things too. How lucky to have you here to help and befriend people. Thank you for your time and kindness.

i am glad of you i am very better improve well. I am great pretty smile and kind of positive and friendly :) I am wonderful. I am glad of you really happy. I am back Alldeaf. I try best do things ASL ready start to question to me. able to you help sign language training. I can help you more skills. I hope be you can help better :) really happy and kind of friendly. I am glad of you. I am hope be you.. :) Great I am strong improve pretty sound great :)

If a moderator would be so kind, could you take that apostrophe out of "Students" in the title, please?

If a moderator would be so kind, could you take that apostrophe out of "Students" in the title, please?

yes I know, I can help teach students. can help you teach you how sign language. Need to interest about to practice teach ASL lesson hope be forward to me students :) I can teach sign language students?

yes I know, I can help teach students. can help you teach you how sign language. Need to interest about to practice teach ASL lesson hope be forward to me students :) I can teach sign language students?

Absolutely great if you want to teach them. And I will send any I see that want help to you. :)

Absolutely great if you want to teach them. And I will send any I see that want help to you. :)

Yes I do it effort to teach them I am glad of do them. I am glad of hear great I am ready effort to teach them :) I exciting about to happy student :)

I just got skype and have only one person on my friends... i would really more ppl who sign to talk to.
anyone want to add me?

username:
wintermagnolia

Loves! :)

I just got skype and have only one person on my friends... i would really more ppl who sign to talk to.
anyone want to add me?

username:
wintermagnolia

Loves! :)

i add skype for you ! :)

I am glad of yyou I can help teach you sign langauge :) I am glad of you really eager sign language :)

Just saw this thread. May have to dig out my old cam and see if it works well enough to use..

I could sure use the practice.
I am always overly cautious about adding things.

Is Skype and ooVoo safe?

I would need to buy a video cam. What are good ones?

Update: Well, I remembered an old laptop cam, plugged it in, and signed up :)
I will look for a new cam when I go out later.

Last edited:
I could sure use the practice.
I am always overly cautious about adding things.

Is Skype and ooVoo safe?

I would need to buy a video cam. What are good ones?

Update: Well, I remembered an old laptop cam, plugged it in, and signed up :)
I will look for a new cam when I go out later.

Skype is perfectly safe. You can report and block anyone who bothers you. :)

I got a Logitech Pro 9000 and it's great. It cost $100. Well worth the money. A $30 webcam is useless (and so is the web cam built into my laptop!). Here's a link:

Webcams

I picked up a Logitech Quickcam STX a year back or so. Used it a for video conferencing, some vlogging, it works great for it's price.

It costs around $30-$40 ish, did a bit of researching before I bought it. Concluded this was the best cam for that price range. Reason why is because it allows for 640x480 recording, which is the 480p quality on youtube.

You can see a guy playing around with it here.

But that was technology of yesteryear. Golden rule of thumb, there's always something better every 1-2 years.

The one that sally speaks about is the higher end of the tier, that allows for 1-2+ megapixel recordings. This is stuff that you see on 720p or Bluray quality. It is crystal clear, but up to you and your audience to see if it is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back