Stressing Big Time!

What about Realtime Captioning? Sometimes it's called CART or C-Print. Realtime Captioning is a good option for those who don't already know ASL. ASL takes awhile to learn, and Realtime Captioning, you just read word for word what everyone's saying in a laptop screen.

This is a Stenographer, like the people in court transcribing what's happening. They use their machine to type away what they hear, and it is translated into a laptop for you to read what people are saying.

Ask the school, you're entitled to this under the ADA just like interpreters. Contact your Vocational Rehabilitaton if you feel that your job performance is being affected due to your hearing loss. They can help you to make sure that you can do your job with reasonable accommodations at work.

back of my mind

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You have become late deafen and not use to being without hearing the sounds which you have use to being a hearing person. Just gotta get use to the silent world and hearing aids help but maybe you can have CI if you prefer to hear again. Us, Deafies are pretty much reject the idea of CI in the back of our brain. :ugh: ASL helps us understand what people are saying even if you are in the meeting. If you don't want to learn ASL and not have ASL interpreter, then you can try notetaking from someone who will write what other people say in the meeting. Good luck. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave: :thumb:
Yes back of my mind im thinking NO to C.I....but i have just had assessments and its fine for cochlear, now my decision was made for me when i was confused, my grandson wrote "love you grandad deaf or not, but be nice if we could speak together and you could hear my voice, whatever you do i still love you" CHOKER huh!! Anyway not positive it will work for me.

Now what would your brain think of that? dont get me wrong im not knocking you, we all make our own decisions, also in my case i have had so so so many operations since birth,including abcess on the brain caused by weeping going up instead of out of ear. i have to have other operations before C.I can even be done, i.e restructuring of inner ear (bonework) mastoid op yep another 1 after many i have had. ive been told my chances are 60/40 if the C.I will work.... 60% no 40% yes. Its complicated so i wont go on..

But hell be nice to hear my grandson.

Im open for advice, as it will be a long time before C.I op anyway. and i havent said YES or NO yet..but as it stands its a yes.

Back