Stressed out over CI

When have I used Wikki as a source? Just saying that end results vary. Why is that so hard to understand? Why does a certain person take it as a personal insult when people say that hearing technology produces varied results? Hearing technology is great....but it doesn't turn a dhh person into a hearing person...If that was true, then there'd be no need for ALDs, and other accomondations.
I'm hardcore about HAs, but I don't take it as a personal insult when people don't find them as awesome as I do.
Seriously, just accept that technology gives varied assistance. Stents, medication, glasses (mostly for low vision/legally blind people), and all kinds of medical intervention gives varied results.

When have I used Wikki as a source? Just saying that end results vary. Why is that so hard to understand? Why does a certain person take it as a personal insult when people say that hearing technology produces varied results? Hearing technology is great....but it doesn't turn a dhh person into a hearing person...If that was true, then there'd be no need for ALDs, and other accomondations.
I'm hardcore about HAs, but I don't take it as a personal insult when people don't find them as awesome as I do.
Seriously, just accept that technology gives varied assistance. Stents, medication, glasses (mostly for low vision/legally blind people), and all kinds of medical intervention gives varied results.

Bottom line is that you didnt provide any form of links that you have been alleged. Most of your alleged comments is based on your opinion or experience but no fact thoroughly resarch.

Maybe I am. Actually Alleycat said it all about dd.

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf
Let me clarify. I've seen the patterns and it doesn't make me correct. You have a lot of experience x2 (with your husband) and you state what's on your mind but you have what I see as a lot of gentleness in you. In that gentleness comes some quietness.

Oh ok, NyNY.. Not really. Some of those issue that i can't express or explain conveniently or went blank on my mind. anyway, In reality, i am super annoying. :D

Let me clarify. I've seen the patterns and it doesn't make me correct. You have a lot of experience x2 (with your husband) and you state what's on your mind but you have what I see as a lot of gentleness in you. In that gentleness comes some quietness.

Or in other words, "Holy cow! You have good social skills, unlike the rest of these savages." :wave:

DeafDyke: All I can do is somewhat base conclusions on what I've noted. I don't know when you've used Wiki and other people have (you guys - it might be good if you can quote it as DD requested I know what you said about DD but lets give her (I believe I can safely use that pronoun) a chance. Can we prove it or are you all just tired of it ...). I'll try a search here but I haven't seen a search field.

It's not just Wiki, it's all of us quoting our sources. Some folks do, some do not. I'm happy with quoting sources and/or our own experience. But this is also probably in FAQs.

alldeaf (and I've monitored it a long time) used to stress the importance of adding sources. Where did that go?

Or in other words, "Holy cow! You have good social skills, unlike the rest of these savages." :wave:
Yo and holy catfish, this has nothing to do with me. It is a compliment paid to FriskyFeline. :hmm: I'm a little confused as to why you ended this with "... unlike the rest of these savages." What am I missing? The first part doesn't say anything that I said about myself either.

Yo and holy catfish, this has nothing to do with me. It is a compliment paid to FriskyFeline. :hmm: I'm a little confused as to why you ended this with "... unlike the rest of these savages." What am I missing? The first part doesn't say anything that I said about myself either.

You talk too much like hearing.

It's hard to understand your meaning.

Oh ok, NyNY.. Not really. Some of those issue that i can't express or explain conveniently or went blank on my mind. anyway, In reality, i am super annoying. :D
Ah, nope, FriskyFeline. You're not close to super annoying. Maybe we could have a contest. I think I'd win :aw: .

You talk too much like hearing.

It's hard to understand your meaning.
I was hearing and that will never change. I may write like I'm hearing because I was. I didn't understand your comment about savages or really your comment. My preference is to understand rather than see and guess. Que pasa?

Ah, nope, FriskyFeline. You're not close to super annoying. Maybe we could have a contest. I think I'd win :aw: .

Ha, Try me. Or, wait you are around here longer the more you know how i am, and so are others. :)

which part of NY are you? nyc?

Why does a certain person take it as a personal insult when people say that hearing technology produces varied results? .

Why does a certain person exhibit reading comprehension issues by asking questions that have already been answered and continue to behave like a child babbling at the grown-up's table when the adults are talking? Why does a certain person conceitedly continue to use "We" as if she speaks for a collective? Why does a certain person come on to a forum and dish out bad to harmful advice to people on subjects they have no experience with?

I don't take it personal when you say "hearing technology produces varied results." I get disgusted with you when that is all you have to offer without any consideration for individual needs. Someone needs their hearing aid fixed or a different model? "Hearing technology produces varied results." Someone just got activated with their Cochlear Implant and wants to improve their speech discrimination? "Hearing technology produces varied results." Someone can't hear very well through their hearing aid or cochlear implant processor because the microphone filter needs to be changed? "Hearing technology produces varied results."

You are consistent at least in that you not only speak in sweeping generalizations, but think in them as well.

Ha, Try me. Or, wait you are around here longer the more you know how i am, and so are others. :)

which part of NY are you? nyc?
Different parts over a lifetime. In 1988 moved to Kingston (50 mi. south of Albany). But the major corp there started dying, so I moved to Rockland (spans to the Tappan Zee Bridge) from routes 87/17/287. I worked around there from Kingston to Danbury to Poughkeepsie to places in New Joisey and NYC.

Last edited:
NYNY, you do not need to explain about others I just asked about which part of NY are you now. I assume NYC. But thank you for your sharing with us. :)

NYNY, you do not need to explain about others I just asked about which part of NY are you now. I assume NYC. But thank you for your sharing with us. :)
Ya know what, I think I tossed it in based on a comment by Bottesini but in retrospect, it was probably a bad choice. I didn't insult anyone and I want it to stay that way. So, while I like the folks I stated, I'm removing everything except that which you asked.

Ya know what, I think I tossed it in based on a comment by Bottesini but in retrospect, it was probably a bad choice. I didn't insult anyone and I want it to stay that way. So, while I like the folks I stated, I'm removing everything except that which you asked.

LOL

Thats fine.

Im in syracuse, ny. there you go. :cool2: I asked because i wasnt sure if you were from LI somehow. Apparently, it is not.

I only have a few appointments left with her (as far as I know). I'm hoping after tomorrow's appointment, there is a month gap until I see her again in January 15, a month will give me more time to use my CI more efficiently rather than fortnightly visits of limited usage.

I did have an appointment with a different audiologist when my current one was not available, that audiologist was very nice and understanding... it made me want to cry. When that audiologist tested me and if I didn't do too well, she didn't act disappointed or impatient (like my current one would), she seems to understand that each case is individual and everyone adjusts at their own pace. I may ask to see that nice audiologist again. The nerves and anxiety of seeing my current one is too much for me to handle.

Maybe you can stick with a nice audiologist who is being patient with you unlike a grumpy one. I am sorry that you are frustrated with your CI experiences.

I related a lot to what you said about your CI hearing. I was implanted in 2014 med el user. While I am grateful for the CI it is difficult. I am grateful to hear some noises and for some of the aide that it brings. The inability to not pay attention to other noises is difficult. In a lot of environments it is truly a great tool. Turn on a fan or move to a room with a high ceiling and some others talking and I am in brain stress overload. Seems like some people are better able to make the transition to CI then others. I'm not sure if it is that they read lips or that there brains can pat down extraneous noise or that they are just satisfied with what ever they have.

To be honest, it's your hearing.

My audiologist lets me decide on what's "right" for me, if the pitch is ok, does it sound too loud? can you hear me when I'm talking low like this.

It's not right for her to keep adjusting to a higher volume each time, because sometimes the louder it gets, the more uncomfortable it sounds.

But there is the adjustment period of course, and it takes take at least 3 days even to see if you're getting used to the sounds.

And you can tell when you need to adjust the volume/mapping when you feel that the sounds are a bit too quiet or you're struggling to hear sounds - it just comes from experience too so if you're not sure at first - have it adjusted and see if it sounds better.

So you should tell your audiologist and she should listen to you. I think she's rushing you too fast personally.

Back