Strange Lawsuits

Ironheartz

Reaction score
Thought you might be interestd in reading strange lawsuits from all over the globe....

The Plaintiff: Mortimer Hetsberger, a 22 year old bank robber

The Defendant: Laura Gonzalez, a teller at the Fleet Bank in Atlantic City, New Jersey

The Lawsuit: In July 1998, Hetsberger handed Gonzalez a note at her teller window. It said: "I want the money now." According to Gonzalez, he also told her "Now, or I'll shoot." She handed him $4,000. He was captured the same day. When he heard that Gonzalez had accused him of threatening her, he filed $1.5 million lawsuit for slander, explaining that he'd never even spoken to her.

Verdict: No ruling yet.

If you like this, let me know. I've got more where that came from!

Here's another one, just a short one.

The Plaintiff: A 25 year old moruary driver

The Defendant: A California Highway Patrol officer.

The Lawsuit: The driver was stopped in Orange County and given a ticket for driving in a carpool lane with no passengers. He protested that he had four passengers-the four frozen corpses he was transporting. He went to court to overturn the ticket.

Verdict: He had to pay the fine.

Originally posted by Ironheartz
Thought you might be interestd in reading strange lawsuits from all over the globe....

The Plaintiff: Mortimer Hetsberger, a 22 year old bank robber

The Defendant: Laura Gonzalez, a teller at the Fleet Bank in Atlantic City, New Jersey

The Lawsuit: In July 1998, Hetsberger handed Gonzalez a note at her teller window. It said: "I want the money now." According to Gonzalez, he also told her "Now, or I'll shoot." She handed him $4,000. He was captured the same day. When he heard that Gonzalez had accused him of threatening her, he filed $1.5 million lawsuit for slander, explaining that he'd never even spoken to her.

Verdict: No ruling yet.

If you like this, let me know. I've got more where that came from!

A teller don't make lot of money. :eek:

The Lawsuit: The driver was stopped in Orange County and given a ticket for driving in a carpool lane with no passengers. He protested that he had four passengers-the four frozen corpses he was transporting. He went to court to overturn the ticket.

Have to pay ticket, the driver is. There is no passengers at all! :roll:

I have heard stranger lawsuits than these lawsuits from criminal justice class. I don't remember exactly what it was. I hope something in subsequent lawsuits that are posted will provoke my memory!

:confused: <~~That's me having amnesia!

:roll:

Kim

:naughty: :naughty: thats a good one haha lol

These are crazy lawsuits! But that will never end in our judicial system today.

Jeez... that the fuck is our world coming to these days?

These are part of what we would call the Stella Awards!

LOL yepp, defintely WACKED lawsuits!!! nowadays, people love bringing others to the court! blllaaah.

OK-here is another strange lawsuit!

The Plaintiff: David Earl Dempsey, a 27 year old inmate at the Pima County, Arizona jail.

The Defendant: Pima County and state prison officals.

The Lawsuit: In February 1998, Dempsey tied a sheet around his neck and jumped out the jailhouse window, trying to commit suicide. The sheet broke, and he plummeted to the concrete below. He sued for negligence.

The Verdict: Case dismissed. While waiting for the trial, Dempsey tried suicide again. This time he succeeded!

Stupid, huh?

Here's another one, folks!

The Plaintiff: Carol Ann Bennett

The Defendant: Warren Woodrow Bennett, her husband.

The Lawsuit: When Mrs Bennett moved out of their condo, she left her breast implants behind. She sued to get them back.

The Verdict: Implants returned.

:crazy: & most utterly :shock:

Back