Stolen

sonocativo

Reaction score
Well what fun tonight has been...
I paid my credit card bill online a few days ago, so tonight I check to see if it cleared...
OH, huh? WTF????
Over drawn? How I just paid the bill?
$100 charge where? OH NO, Ive never been there and our car doesn't hold that much fuel.
Somehow, someone got my card info ( possibly stolen mail ) since Im not at my house often to check it... so now there is a full blown investigation, my account is locked and card is canceled....life sucks.

That does suck but at least you cought it before it was more money.

Most phishing websites do steal your credit card information. I've has been victim twice. My bank took care of it and found one criminal came from UK. That guy charged my credit card to pay off his car has been impounded by police around $300. and other criminal from New Jersey. A lady used my credit card to bought some nail polishes.. rolling eyes...

I paid my credit card bill online a few days ago, so tonight I check to see if it cleared...
OH, huh? WTF????
$100 charge where? OH NO, Ive never been there and our car doesn't hold that much fuel.
Somehow, someone got my card info ( possibly stolen mail ) since Im not at my house often to check it... so now there is a full blown investigation, my account is locked and card is canceled....life sucks.

I signed up "paperless" setting in bank online service. no more send credit information mail at home.

Nope, with cash there is zero protection. With Credit card, bank is STUCK with the loss not the cardholder.

Cash, there is nothing to prove criminal activity going on, with credit card, there is trail which shows criminal activities going on. By Law, Creditors is responsible for the loss.

See an example post #4

What I usually do with credit card is that I hand documented all of credit card AVS codes on paper (Never on computer), then erased the AVS code from back of credit card. That way, they could have credit card # but no AVS, no way to go though online orders.

Better way use cash than credit cards

it wasn't stolen through online, had to be through mail. There was a purchase for gas at a nearby service station ( one I never go to ) so that helps as my records indicate I have never purchased fuel there... so the numbers had to be manually put in as I have my card ( which is now canceled ) I had them lock the account, cancel the new card as well. Im just going to shut the account down once I pay it off. I think it was some kids down the street ( druggies) as I am not at my house to check the mail daily.
I changed all my passwords and the such as a precautionary measure. Also switched to paperless.

it wasn't stolen through online, had to be through mail. There was a purchase for gas at a nearby service station ( one I never go to ) so that helps as my records indicate I have never purchased fuel there... so the numbers had to be manually put in as I have my card ( which is now canceled ) I had them lock the account, cancel the new card as well. Im just going to shut the account down once I pay it off. I think it was some kids down the street ( druggies) as I am not at my house to check the mail daily.
I changed all my passwords and the such as a precautionary measure.

Maybe, someone walked behind of your back. He scanned your wallet and then walked away. It's electronic pickpocket.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3S_6EJCjn0]How Crooks Are Stealing Credit Card Information - Video - WDIV Detroit - YouTube[/ame]

sonocativo
How do they deliver the mail where you are? If they are on foot, you may like what I have had almost ever since I bought my house. That is a mail slot in my front door. It does make the entry cooler in the winter but I am not in there for an extended period of time. When I was working I also found that the mail stayed in better shape on days when it was raining because even though not really wet in box the humidity would get to it which it does not do when put through the slot into the house.

Our news just featured a scam where thieves have put an extra reader in those slots like gas station and bank , so when you spipe your card it gives the information to the thieves.

sonocativo
How do they deliver the mail where you are? If they are on foot, you may like what I have had almost ever since I bought my house. That is a mail slot in my front door. It does make the entry cooler in the winter but I am not in there for an extended period of time. When I was working I also found that the mail stayed in better shape on days when it was raining because even though not really wet in box the humidity would get to it which it does not do when put through the slot into the house.
Mailman drives up to a post with my mailbox... Im going to get a secured locking box soon
They don't come to the door unless its a package.

Our news just featured a scam where thieves have put an extra reader in those slots like gas station and bank , so when you spipe your card it gives the information to the thieves.
either way, I never used that particular fuel station...

I got notice yesterday and have been refunded my money, so I am happy that the fraud was taken care of through my card company. From my understanding the investigators are trying to get the video from the company for the date/time the transaction took place to see if they can pin point who the thief is...

that happen here,i dont trust any elcto where money concerned my card been cloned twice

That does suck. I found someone credit card on the ground and gave it a policeman , it looked like it was a new card and I looked around to see if there was any other cards or wallet around . Can the cops go that gas station and check the store cameras to try and find the person?

OH, huh? WTF????

damn. that sux :(

best to either notify your Post Office to hold all mails or get a PO Box

Back