still too hot in you area?

I m sure it is VERY hot and humid where I live..

Arkansas Current Conditions 09/20/2005 7:53 PM EDT
Temperature: 87°F 31°C
Conditions: Partly Cloudy
Winds: CALM 0 MPH CALM 0 KPH
Relative Humidity: 61%
Barometer: 30.05 Falling
Visibility: 10.00 Miles 16.09 Kilometers
Feels Like: 94°F n/a

I am on vacation in Cheyenne, Wyoming.. so here is the info what the weather is like here.. it was windy today..:)

Cheyenne, WY Current Conditions 09/20/2005 7:53 PM EDT
Temperature: 80°F 27°C
Conditions: Fair
Winds: S 12 MPH S 19 KPH
Relative Humidity: 10%
Barometer: 30.27 Falling
Visibility: 10.00 Miles 16.09 Kilometers
Feels Like: 80°F n/a

DeafSCUBA98 said:
arahhh its hot here today 80's.. gawd.. it's supposed to be 60s to 70s.. that's perfect temp for fall season.

You guys that live in the northern part of the country make me laugh. You say the 80's are hot?!? You need a little reality check ;) and live down South and then complain about it. We are still fussin' with the 90's and our neighborhood pool is still open (in fact it is great swimming right now).

I remember when my wife and I took a round the country trip (years ago) for two weeks and with one of our stops we were in Seattle. We were there two days...let me repeat two beautiful days with barely a cloud in the sky. The temperatures were in the low 80's and the humidity was non-existence (as far as we were concerned living in Wash DC area at the time). We overheard some people complaining that it was a hot day...my wife and I look at each other in disbelief.... I guess it is all relative.

Well it is cool today thank to thunderstorm and rain. I was so hot last night in sleep so I turned swamp cooler on. Five min later power went out and stuck with heat till rain come and cool this place down. No power for 12 hours today for us. Now I am wearing sweater to keep myself warm. Weird.

By the way, Cental34-Fall starts Thursday, not tomorrow. The calendar says so and the news say so. Just wanted to clear this up.:)

HEY.. I agree with u, sr171soars. In southern USA it is hot and humid as my mom said it was 100 couple of days ago. I am happy I am not in Arkansas as I am on VACATION in Wyoming. it is cool and nice here!!! Not hot, hehe..I Love fall!!! My bf said it will snow here in oct.. i was like WTF? oct? no way.. i told him not in ark.. would snow sometimes in late dec but mostly january or feb.. weird? heh.. i cant wait for snow!!!!! :giggle:

Eww.. neighborhood pools.. otherwise known as pits of spit, urine, and chlorine! o.O :Ohno:
sr171soars said:
You guys that live in the northern part of the country make me laugh. You say the 80's are hot?!? You need a little reality check ;) and live down South and then complain about it. We are still fussin' with the 90's and our neighborhood pool is still open (in fact it is great swimming right now).

I remember when my wife and I took a round the country trip (years ago) for two weeks and with one of our stops we were in Seattle. We were there two days...let me repeat two beautiful days with barely a cloud in the sky. The temperatures were in the low 80's and the humidity was non-existence (as far as we were concerned living in Wash DC area at the time). We overheard some people complaining that it was a hot day...my wife and I look at each other in disbelief.... I guess it is all relative.

sr171soars said:

for you southern guys.. always think that.. o well..

i was born in cottonwood, AZ.. a little north of phoneix, AZ. however i can't remember the temps.. as i'm aware the temps there are well 100's most of the summer month. but i can't remember their weather.. if i lived there and grew up.. i'll think ur 80 degrees is nothing :P

but now i'm in minnesota.. the coldest state in US. (i was told that it is) and i'm looking foward for winter month.. i can't hardly wait for those snowy days.. and -10 degrees.. yeah 10 below.. what a chilling feeling.. i can't WAIT!

Interesting, DeafSCUBA98. Because you were born n raised shorly in AZ and you love the cold weather. Like me, born n raised and still living here in NM and I do like the cold, brisk, and dry weather. BTW, I never been to MN, yet.

It's now 82 degrees, it was high 92 degrees, and it will drop to 62 degrees at lows. Last Labor day weekend I went camping & flyfishing and saw some trees in the mountains/canyons turning its leaves into Fall colors :cool:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
for you southern guys.. always think that.. o well..

i was born in cottonwood, AZ.. a little north of phoneix, AZ. however i can't remember the temps.. as i'm aware the temps there are well 100's most of the summer month. but i can't remember their weather.. if i lived there and grew up.. i'll think ur 80 degrees is nothing :P

but now i'm in minnesota.. the coldest state in US. (i was told that it is) and i'm looking foward for winter month.. i can't hardly wait for those snowy days.. and -10 degrees.. yeah 10 below.. what a chilling feeling.. i can't WAIT!

I think I'll die and go to Heaven before I get to Minn. Its too cold.. lol

RebelGirl said:
I think I'll die and go to Heaven before I get to Minn. Its too cold.. lol
u won't die.. u'll live as long you dress properly.. its such a famous way of breathing fresh cold air.. love it.. and interesting thing is that cold air freeze the pollution.

snow.. all white and foamy *sigh* hurry up winter! i love going atving, driving my car on lakes :D

Driving your car ON the lake???!! :shock:

Oh yeah, you can get to :cuddle: more in the winter months in front of the fireplace... right?

flyfishfemme said:
Driving your car ON the lake???!! :shock:

Oh yeah, you can get to :cuddle: more in the winter months in front of the fireplace... right?
sorry my bad for english... yeah.. driving my car on lake when there's ice..:D we minnesotans say that for winter... and yeah alot of people drive their cars on lakes to their destion spot for ice fishing.. it's famous for this state of more than 10,000 lakes :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
sorry my bad for english... yeah.. driving my car on lake when there's ice..:D we minnesotans say that for winter... and yeah alot of people drive their cars on lakes to their destion spot for ice fishing.. it's famous for this state of more than 10,000 lakes :D
Wow... I'd like to try that and the ocean in the summer too, someday...

DeafSCUBA98 said:

I heard of people doing that up there and the Great Lakes area. Sounds like fun ;)

But there was a very interesting story that happened back in '76 on the Chesapeak Bay near Annapolis Md. I was in college at the Univ of Md at the time and that winter was one of the coldest on record for the area. The Bay actually froze over and that almost never happens because it just doesn't get cold enough. The Coast Guard had to create a shipping lane for ships going to Baltimore. Anyway, there was news report about tire tracks (believed to be a fullsized pickup truck) that went out on the Bay. Even odder was the frozen over hole where the truck sank into the Bay. The reason I say odd because there never was a report of a missing person or claim about the vehicle.

Back