stereotype is just someone's opinion

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
I'm sure that there are people that thinks deaf ferrets are more likely to bite than ferrets who aren't deaf.

What if we were to ask deaf and hearing ferrets whether this was true or not? What will ferrets do? Maybe they'll laugh at us. Think, what?

Why do we get offended easily? Ferrets doesn't seem to care. Why should we? Just let those people have fun with their "stereotype".

In reality, deaf ferrets have sunny personalities and are less likely to bite.

True. It's part of the syndrome that causes ferret deafness.

In reality, deaf ferrets have sunny personalities and are less likely to bite.

True. It's part of the syndrome that causes ferret deafness.

Wow, I learned something from this. I would have guessed that deaf ferrets bite more than hearing ones because they may get startled more easily and scared so they would bite. I didn't know about their syndrome. Good information.

Would the definition of Stereotype in Oxford Canadian dictionary page 801 suggest something different?
" An idea or character etc. that is standardized in a conventional form without individuality;
a preconceived and over-simplified idea of the characteristics which typify a person, situation etc."
How does that apply to say something relevant here-"hearing persons" by "deaf persons"??

I'm sure that hearing ferrets will talk to other hearing ferrets like other deaf ferrets will talk to other deaf ferrets.

Deaf ferrets may share some opinions with hearing ferrets.

They'll probably come to the same conclusion that the fact that deaf ferrets are more likely to bite than hearing ferrets is funny. They'll all have a good laugh about this stereotype.

They may also laugh about CI. Why all the arguments about CI??? They're happy to be themselves.

deaf and hearing ferrets how feel when men put them down trousers,ferrets will have same opinion,bite bite bite if they can find anything to bite, that be funny

People like me who do not have 'optimal' hearing often have loud voices. I guess it is annoying for others, but it seems like people who have slight hearing loss treated as pariahs based on the volume of their speech.

oh i luv ferret, quite animals, i played with wild ones when i was a kid, great fun they were nice, the mothers wasnt however...

Just checked? with my cat-do cats get "deaf"? went back to sleep! As for "ferrets" dogs-no knowledge.

Back