Stephen King novels

My top books by King are:

The Long Walk,
The Eyes of the Dragon,
The Running Man, (So much better than the movie)
Desperation,
and Rage

(Koontz fan, too, RR)

The Green Mile is at the top of my list - the twisting metaphors in the book are so cool. For example, the color green is usually associated with life and springtime but in this case, it is about death. How cool is that?!
I wanna meet Stephen King one day!

I agree, the twisting metaphors are amazing. When I first learned that Stephen King wrote this story - I was flummoxed because usually, Stephen King is known for his horror stories and yet, Green Mile wasn't even scary at all.

Used to read lotta Stephan King, not so much time now. Like Koontz too but King better. Did not know of "Cell" by King, will look for it. Who liked movie "It" and who preferred book?

Recently I brought ebook to read by Stephen King.. It's called "Ur" on my iPod Touch thry Kindle program. So far, it's start...

Robert McCammon is one of the best!...I do like Steven King and Koontz...like to read horror books during a hurricane! (As long as the elec. is still on!) Finding it harder and harder to get a chance to read lately.

horror stories in a hurricane :eek3: <"self-torture"? >

think I recall one book by McCammon; it was a book about three boys in a farming community, it was Summer....something like that...

Ick.....Dean Koonz is too much of Lifetime movie style horror.
I love Stephen King in general.............Cell creeped the shit out of me.....
I can't wait to see The Mist is one of SK's movie coming out next week Tuesday
The Mist has always been my fav short story....he's got an amazing imagination!

(Koontz fan, too, RR)

The Green Mile is at the top of my list - the twisting metaphors in the book are so cool. For example, the color green is usually associated with life and springtime but in this case, it is about death. How cool is that?!
I wanna meet Stephen King one day!

i thought the green mile has to do with the colour of the floor from the holding cells leading to the execution room, hence the 'green mile'.
yes green is associated with nature and calmness, the idea i believe (not from the story per se, but the need for calmness for prisoners facing their death sentences is something they tend for orderness and nervous tensions.
I havent read any of SK's books but i believe it when people says its that good. I have in fact picked up the book version of Jaws and bloody THAT book is far more scarier than the movie, which is really strange because Jaws is one of the most famous, few true blue blockbusters.

but definitely, some day i will promise myself to pick up one or a few of SK's books and read it just for that experience.
Heck one of lesser known book i can actually remember quite well, "the butterfly collector" by John Fowles I wont say much here, (spoilers is not good for fairly short book) but all i can say is, its about a butterfly collector and the story is written in 2 parts, firstly from the collectors' view, then the latter half from the girls whom he had a crush (maybe crush isnt the right word).

Off topic, sorry:

My friend told me that Stephen owns about 300 acres in Maine. Stephen bought someone's houses and demolished them to expand his privacy property in his area. He is still expanding his land. My friend owns a house near Stephen's place. I am not sure why he wants to buy more lands. Odd.
I am not saying that he is bad, but maybe greedy and compulsive apprehensive.

Off topic, sorry:

My friend told me that Stephen owns about 300 acres in Maine. Stephen bought someone's houses and demolished them to expand his privacy property in his area. He is still expanding his land. My friend owns a house near Stephen's place. I am not sure why he wants to buy more lands. Odd.
I am not saying that he is bad, but maybe greedy and compulsive apprehensive.

maybe the latter but i suspect he wants to fulfil his fantasy of living in the ghost town of his own, "the Rock and roll ghost town"? or similar, I wouldnt be surprised if he's planning to do this, to actualise his fantasy of such places

I've never read any of his novels, but I did skim through "Firestarter" once when I was in junior high school.

i'm a King fan. I really enjoyed "Nightmares & Dreamscapes" when i was in high school. Recently, I read a book by his son, Joe Hill. The name of the book is "Heart-Shaped Box" - highly recommended! it's very entertaining and spooky :)

Heart-Shaped Box is a good one. I really liked Pet Semetary, and reading Children of the Corn. woo eerie! I need to read more Stephen King books.

Back