Staying in Boston for a week

frogsign

Reaction score
Anybody have any information about Boston that might be helpful? Safe city? I will be attending the summer symposium at NEU, flying in to Logan. I guess I just take the subway to the school. I never visited Boston before, so what are your thoughts?

I've been to Boston once, and stayed there for few days. I am still not familiar with Boston. :Oops:

We have a member here from the Boston area - she can probably give you plenty of info for in and around the Boston area. :) I believe she will be on-line in the morning.

Boston is a great city! Lived there for 3 months on an internship. However, it has been 6 years so I can barely remember how to get around the city. I do know this, for a woman who was alone not knowing anyone in Boston, I managed around the city just fine. :)

Boston is beautiful! If you get a chance, get out and explore the city. Lots of historic sites to see - the old North Church - (where Paul Revere announced the British were coming!), the Freedom Trail, Paul Revere's grave downtown, Fanueil Hall, etc. The subway system works great, but take a buddy with you if you go after dark! :)

I will be in Framingham, MA this weekend for CDI workshop.

SALEM, SALEM, and SALEM.. it is my favorite place in Massachusetts. It is about one hour away from Boston.

Anybody have any information about Boston that might be helpful? Safe city? I will be attending the summer symposium at NEU, flying in to Logan. I guess I just take the subway to the school. I never visited Boston before, so what are your thoughts?

Yes.. you stay away from Orange line subway at late night... Green and Red line subway are good but you still watch out at very late night! ;)

what else questions?? :D

Thanks everyone!! Good information. I would love to get to see Salem, but I'll be in classes from 9-5 each day (and I won't have a car). I should be able to see some landmarks in the city, though. I especially appreciate the info on the subways after dark. Glad I opted for an afternoon arrival time.

Big help, people. Thanks again! :ty::ty::ty:

Just go to Celtics' place and give a kiss to get 2 wins then win the trophy. Thanks a bunch!

Your soooooo lucky!!! I would dream of being in Foxboro, Massachuttes home of my beloved NE Patriots if you see Tom Brady, quarterback of the team refer him to my sn here :giggle:

I hope to go there oneday maybe during playoffs, Yes! I am crazy LOL

Do tell about the conference would love to hear about it.

Have a great time!

Your soooooo lucky!!! I would dream of being in Foxboro, Massachuttes home of my beloved NE Patriots if you see Tom Brady, quarterback of the team refer him to my sn here :giggle:

I hope to go there oneday maybe during playoffs, Yes! I am crazy LOL

Do tell about the conference would love to hear about it.

Have a great time!

Thanks, Ocean! Maybe Tom Brady and I will run into each other; if so, I will definitely give him your S/N on AD!!! I'll be on the look out!

I hope to bring back some good info from the conference, and I'm always willing to share :cool2:

Thanks, Ocean! Maybe Tom Brady and I will run into each other; if so, I will definitely give him your S/N on AD!!! I'll be on the look out!

I hope to bring back some good info from the conference, and I'm always willing to share :cool2:

:giggle:I would be a happy woman if Brady did show up in AD:D A gal can only dream heeheee .. Yes, please do share about the conference . I am a diligent interpreter :)

Was in Boston, cape cod, mass in 2000 and it was fab, I stayed at Fenway park apartments. Go up the pruential tower (i am not sure of the spelling) you'll get most of view of Boston and can see Cape cod. You may be able to see it if you can make it after 5pm.

No experience with trains, I went by the bus or taxi alot.

Was in Boston, cape cod, mass in 2000 and it was fab, I stayed at Fenway park apartments. Go up the pruential tower (i am not sure of the spelling) you'll get most of view of Boston and can see Cape cod. You may be able to see it if you can make it after 5pm.

No experience with trains, I went by the bus or taxi alot.

Thanks for the tip on the Prudential Tower...I'm afraid of heights, but if I'm feeling brave, maybe I'll just do it!!! (I did the World Trade Center...kicking and screaming all the way!!!) :Ohno:

And didn't he date Jessica Simpson or somebody?

EEEEWWWWW! No! Jessica Simpson belongs to Tony Romo , quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.. Brady 's dating a model Giselle Bundchen :barf: I can do this to her :bump: :laugh2:

You can visit science museum and aquiarum *spelling* The Boston Aquiarum is close to the train track.

You can check out the website of the scheduled of the train track. Yea like Phillips says stay away from Orange line but be sure there is a guard and ask them to walk to the train for you or help you out.

It happened to me help me out to get the right placed to get on the train.

Back