Stay Troops at Iraq in 3 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that we should focus more on Afghanistan than on Iraqi cause Afghanistan is MUCH worse and thats where the most of the terrorist organization is at.

After Saddam is gone and it has a Prime Minster, pretty much everything there is under control with their own troops, police, and so on so they dont really need us that much anymore.

Bush wasted too much time on that one country where it doesnt make sense :roll:

I hope the war would end quicker if we focus on Afghanistan instead and just send the rest of the troops home soon as possible.

I'm counting on Obama thou.
Even after Saddam's capture and the election of their new prime minister, the country spiraled out of control. Both Iran and Al Qaida were trying to take over the country. For a while, many analysts were calling it a civil war. I don't know if that was a fair assessment or not, but if we had pulled out then, it probably would have resulted in a full-blown civil war with far more bloodshed than anything we've seen there. It also would have likely resulted in the country being controlled partially by Al Qaida and partially by Iran. Either way, the results were unacceptable.

Then, in early 2007, we started to implement the surge by sending in more troops, relaxing the rules of engagement, and fighting it like a real war. That helped create stability and it supported other positive developments, like the Anbar Awakening. Now, the security has vastly improved, which makes it much easier to have political progress and train their military and police. It's to the point where the Iraqi military is performing operations without US help. Also, Iran's and al Qaida's influence is vastly diminished. Still, while we all want to get out, we have to be careful not to leave too early. Otherwise, the country could fall back into chaos and erase the gains we've made there. It's better to stay longer than necessary than pull out to early.

You are right- we now have a mess in Afghanistan to worry about. But I don't expect Obama to do anything different on Iraq than Bush would have. Yes, he made his promises that helped him get elected, but I think he understands the situation (or soon will when he starts seeing intel reports) and knows that he will get the blame if he pulls out too early and loses the security gains we've made.

Obama has already seen the intel reports. I've noticed that Obama has been rather quiet as of late regarding Iraq.

After Saddam is gone and it has a Prime Minster, pretty much everything there is under control with their own troops, police, and so on so they dont really need us that much anymore.

Uh, no way, Iraqi Security Forces or Iraqi military aren't ready to stand themselves without the support from the US Troops. They even don't have their own air force nor navy. The Iraqi Security Forces still need more train enough to face the insurgents. They are taking the baby step.

Uh, no way, Iraqi Security Forces or Iraqi military aren't ready to stand themselves without the support from the US Troops. They even don't have their own air force nor navy. The Iraqi Security Forces still need more train enough to face the insurgents. They are taking the baby step.

we can't support them forever. it's time to get out -- now.

You are right- we now have a mess in Afghanistan to worry about. But I don't expect Obama to do anything different on Iraq than Bush would have. Yes, he made his promises that helped him get elected, but I think he understands the situation (or soon will when he starts seeing intel reports) and knows that he will get the blame if he pulls out too early and loses the security gains we've made.

i think obama understands the gravity of the situation in iraq. he has already said numerous times that he will remove our troops slowly without immediate withdrawal.

we can't support them forever. it's time to get out -- now.

I didn't say anything that we are going to support them forever. The US troops are supporting them such as trainings, air supports, joint operations until the Iraqi military are ready to handle themselves. It's not time to get out, wait for 3 years.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything that we are going to support them forever. The US troops are supporting them such as training, air support, joint operations until the Iraqi military are ready to handle themselves. It's not time to get out, wait for 3 years.

Yup, nothing is new, it's about liberals who hate Iraq war.

At overall, I'm really don't care because of Iraq war will end in 2011.

Are you really sure ?

Ok, I have no idea.

IMO, the war there will never end. They will continue to have war till end of time. It will never end no matter what everybody does to try to bring peace there.

IMO, the war there will never end. They will continue to have war till end of time. It will never end no matter what everybody does to try to bring peace there.

I don't say like that.

For parliament, they made voted to withdrawal of troopers within 3 years and it doesn't means they will fail, however we have alot of duties in Afghan.

I support Afghan war but in Iraq war, I have mixed feeling about that.

I didn't say anything that we are going to support them forever. The US troops are supporting them such as trainings, air supports, joint operations until the Iraqi military are ready to handle themselves. It's not time to get out, wait for 3 years.

i think it's time to get out now.

i don't "hate" the iraqi war. i just don't see any justification for it and think our troops need to be brought home immediately.

I don't say like that.

For parliament, they made voted to withdrawal of troopers within 3 years and it doesn't means they will fail, however we have alot of duties in Afghan.

I support Afghan war but in Iraq war, I have mixed feeling about that.

I didn't say anything about us being there or not. I just said that I don't think the war over there will ever end. I am talking about them. They will never have peace, Iraq, Iran, Isreal, and etc.

I didn't say anything about us being there or not. I just said that I don't think the war over there will ever end. I am talking about them. They will never have peace, Iraq, Iran, Isreal, and etc.

I don't say about war will over but just for Iraq after found from news.

Israel has military conflict with other countries for many years and Iran has bad government system since 1979, war could be happen when Iran or other middle east countries are trying against on Israel.

For me, war will never over and there's still some conflict in other countries.

Well, the Iraqi parliaments have spoken, it's not time to get out until 2011.

Yup, if we pull it out then we will be fail and unstable like Vietnam did.

I don't want other countries to see about our military service is bad and fail to perform in Iraq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back