Sports car: what would you pick?

What Sports car would you choose from this poll?

• Camaro

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Firebird

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mustang

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Any other sports car

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • none

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
I still have two SUV and one of them have 256K on the clock (yes original motor and tranny) and it's a work truck and starts every time. If I do want a car, since I'm 6'4, I'd prefer medium sized cars that can fit me comfortably. I probably do not need sports car, a regular car would do just fine for me for example, Ford Taurus, or Pontiac Grand Am or Chevy Malibu would do for me. Sports cars have higher insurance premium and attracts cops which I would not want a hassle with. Like Vampy said, regular car can take anyone at any place they want. A car is a car, a truck is a truck... so on. ;)

I don't care much about sports cars. What's the purpose of having them? Just to look "cool" or to drive fast?

A regular car or SUV would be just fine since they get me where I need to go. :)
well.. i like to drive fast.:fart:

Yea I know but I am more comfortable driving SUV and must have 4 wheels drive especially where I live...with snow! I had small car before twice and not really LOVE it but it does save gas...but once I drive SUV, I feel in love with it! :)

Next SUV will be Jeep Liberty or something with Jeep.
wow, you have a good heart and give a lot of gasoline away...

I still have two SUV and one of them have 256K on the clock (yes original motor and tranny) and it's a work truck and starts every time. If I do want a car, since I'm 6'4, I'd prefer medium sized cars that can fit me comfortably. I probably do not need sports car, a regular car would do just fine for me for example, Ford Taurus, or Pontiac Grand Am or Chevy Malibu would do for me. Sports cars have higher insurance premium and attracts cops which I would not want a hassle with. Like Vampy said, regular car can take anyone at any place they want. A car is a car, a truck is a truck... so on. ;)

I looked at a 2008 Malibu.. very beautiful! I loved the looks of it. I remember you driving the blue malibu in Ohio.. that was a nice car too.. ( i know it was rental) lol but I've considered looking at reg. cars too. I'm just a sports car girl.. I like to drive fast but that would be a ridiculous reason. I'm just attracted to sports car.. what can i say? :dunno: I'm also looking at trucks with 4 doors too. Just whatever my heart tells me to go for, I'll go for it.

FYI driving local is worst for any vehicle. Highway is best for any vehicle, even for long distance. Any vehicles prefers and love driving long distance without stopping.

Why local is worst? Simple put, too much stops and go put more strain on mechanical. Transmission have to kept shifting often which puts more wear in it, comparing to highway one gear stays on for long time minimizing wear, same with brakes, same with drivetrain.

Believe it or not, one of my friend kept driving Jeep Cherokee on highway until it was close to 300k miles, the reason gave away is that rust really got to the point where doors fell off, etc but engine running strong, His wife have to go on highway about 70 miles each way to her work! Problem? Rare!

So, point here is driving local will shorten your car life faster. Think this way, for every 10 miles driving on highway equals 1 mile driving in local or city.

I would buy your Jeep and drive long distance without worry about anything. LOL

my jeep has 167k and I can't travel out of town. I just feel its time for me to get a newer car with low mileage so I can travel. so i can drive to OHIO!! :) well.. anywhere, really. My jeep is good for local. I have a 2001 dodge ram.. but no room for family.

FYI driving local is worst for any vehicle. Highway is best for any vehicle, even for long distance. Any vehicles prefers and love driving long distance without stopping.

Why local is worst? Simple put, too much stops and go put more strain on mechanical. Transmission have to kept shifting often which puts more wear in it, comparing to highway one gear stays on for long time minimizing wear, same with brakes, same with drivetrain.

Believe it or not, one of my friend kept driving Jeep Cherokee on highway until it was close to 300k miles, the reason gave away is that rust really got to the point where doors fell off, etc but engine running strong, His wife have to go on highway about 70 miles each way to her work! Problem? Rare!

So, point here is driving local will shorten your car life faster. Think this way, for every 10 miles driving on highway equals 1 mile driving in local or city.

I would buy your Jeep and drive long distance without worry about anything. LOL
Yeah, You're right. I knew it was more safer to drive on the hwy/interstate and last longer than the local. I know how that is driving local using soooo much gas, transmission changing, brakes wears out faster.

I love my jeep. that's why I'm keeping it. I just wanted a "stable" car just for traveling and around here too. the Jeep is going to be with me for as long as i can keep it running. so.. I'm not selling anytime soon. :) I know I can make it to 300k if its well-taken care of.

i agree what you're saying.

Yeah, Jeep with 4.0L engine known to last for very long time. That 4.0L engine is one of "last" using cast iron block, not anymore. Now they are using cast aluminum due to gas issues.

Last real 4.0L made in 2006 (For Wrangler) and 2001 for Cherokee. Now they are using German built 3.7 and friend of mine said it is not too bad but saves gas.

Anyway, I checked under my wife's Jeep Cherokee, almost no rust underneath! We are gonna keep it for long time. Not sure why my Wrangler shows little more rust than Cherokee... Maybe I've been off road too much, LOL

Yeah, You're right. I knew it was more safer to drive on the hwy/interstate and last longer than the local. I know how that is driving local using soooo much gas, transmission changing, brakes wears out faster.

I love my jeep. that's why I'm keeping it. I just wanted a "stable" car just for traveling and around here too. the Jeep is going to be with me for as long as i can keep it running. so.. I'm not selling anytime soon. :) I know I can make it to 300k if its well-taken care of.

i agree what you're saying.

I once had Volkswagen Jetta Diesel (not turbo), man real gas saver! I sometimes hit 60 MPG and I am not kidding. The only couple problems I have with it is that in winter time longer warm up time before start the engine, and when go up steep hill, I can't! Not enough power, but again it really gas saver!!! I kinda miss it.

How's about volkwagon sport car.. ?

I once had Volkswagen Jetta Diesel (not turbo), man real gas saver! I sometimes hit 60 MPG and I am not kidding. The only couple problems I have with it is that in winter time longer warm up time before start the engine, and when go up steep hill, I can't! Not enough power, but again it really gas saver!!! I kinda miss it.
I thought the Jetta was nice too.. but I've heard really negative about that car. breaks down all the time, etc. but it looks nice though.

I have no rust on my jeep.. of course, i'm from the south.. so is the jeep. lol at 167k it runs great! When I bought it, it was nothing to me. no tint, tires were too small and no radio. we fixed it up, we got a 31' tires black rims, tint and a new radio. the front is fixed now. my hubby hit a deer about 7 months ago and messed up the front bumper, grill, and light. we bought all that just under 100 dollars and fixed it all up. looks really good and much better than when I first bought it.

31 inch tires? DAMN!!! I would love throw in 31 inch! I don't know if my wife approves BUT, I hope someday I will throw in 32 or 33 inch tires on my Willy (Wrangler). Plus lift em up too.

I thought the Jetta was nice too.. but I've heard really negative about that car. breaks down all the time, etc. but it looks nice though.

I have no rust on my jeep.. of course, i'm from the south.. so is the jeep. lol at 167k it runs great! When I bought it, it was nothing to me. no tint, tires were too small and no radio. we fixed it up, we got a 31' tires black rims, tint and a new radio. the front is fixed now. my hubby hit a deer about 7 months ago and messed up the front bumper, grill, and light. we bought all that just under 100 dollars and fixed it all up. looks really good and much better than when I first bought it.

*speechless*

Excuse me, I can read and answered RebelGirl's question about my dream car.

wow, I wasn't realized that you took my humor post toward Tahole's post serious.

Anyway, what I QUOTED mean is REFERRED Tahole's post, not Rebelgirl's question. Got it?

Well, it doesn't sound like a humor to me. Sorry.

Well, it doesn't sound like a humor to me. Sorry.
wait.. before we go any further, It wasn't a humor either, she was stating that LakeTahoe has a big heart and using up gas for her jeep. she just meant that some people can handle paying alot of gas and have something they dreamed of having. I'm just here to talk about sports car and others. its interesting to hear their opinions and I don't mind hearing "off-topic" post either. If you want to talk about any cars besides a sports one.. you can. If you want to talk about gas, that's fine. gas does relate alot with any cars and how much they use. I'm okay with it.

lets just not bash on anyone. please.

What honey?! Are you trying to break my back from climbing into your Willy?!

GRIN!

31 inch tires? DAMN!!! I would love throw in 31 inch! I don't know if my wife approves BUT, I hope someday I will throw in 32 or 33 inch tires on my Willy (Wrangler). Plus lift em up too.

I need a lift! i'm looking to get a 3 inch lift. lol... I love climbing into a vehicle. 32 or 33 won't fit on mine unless i cut off some edges. I don't want to do that so I got a 31 and planned on getting a lift.

Back