Spanking kids can cause long-term harm: Canada study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go back and read what I said in multiple posts. Spanking should not hurt or leave marks. When you learn to read I will continue this discussion with you.

And the warning is there first to give them the choice between consequence and no consequence.

I know how to read. You evidently don't know how to parent effectively without resorting to physical abuse.

Basically what you are saying is that spanking is the only effective form of disclipine because if you don't spank, your child will be out of control and "gimme gimme gimme".

Children are only out of control if their parents do not carry out the consequences for bad behaviour. Spanking is not required to enforce a consequence.

no again read, time outs and the rest are ok if they work. But many parents don't even follow through with that.

I give up, I hate it when words and ideas are twisted. Have it your way.

So you're saying it's ok to hit defenseless people who are less than half your size? I see.

Give me a break. Spank once or twice is not abusive at all.

You can think my aunt is nothing but damn bitch. You can think she's stupid ass for spanking her sons. You can think how much awful she is. Anything you want to think of her, whatever. Yes, I insult her for you; I mocked her to make your satisfy is good enough. So, I'll see how much you like it, eh.

Seriously. Spanking do work, sometimes. Without spanking is not always effective.

You can think my aunt is nothing but damn bitch. You can think she's stupid ass for spanking her sons. You can think how much awful she is. Anything you want to think of her, whatever. Yes, I insult her for you; I mocked her to make your satisfy is good enough. So, I'll see how much you like it, eh.

Seriously. Spanking do work, sometimes. Without spanking is not always effective.

I didn't say a word about your aunt. You did.

I give up, I hate it when words and ideas are twisted. Have it your way.

You said you will resort to spanking if you failed at other forms of discipline. I didn't twist anything at all - i just repeated back to you what you yourself said. All I am saying is that spanking is actually not necessary and 2, hitting a person is considered abuse. Spanking is abuse. Sorry if you don't like hearing the truth.

Don't fall into the trap, people who so strongly believe they are right will never stop.
This is how wars are started, people get hurt in the past by an extreme form and want to ban everything that even resembles the form.
Or they were oppressed once and now even though they are the majority they still play the oppressed card because it gets them what they want. A reaction.

They will twist words by saying what they interpret in their own point of view just to make themselves right

Don't fall into the trap, people who so strongly believe they are right will never stop.
This is how wars are started, people get hurt in the past by an extreme form and want to ban everything that even resembles the form.
Or they were oppressed once and now even though they are the majority they still play the oppressed card because it gets them what they want. A reaction.

Oh brother. So this is how you react to someone telling you that hitting a small child is wrong. By equating them as those who were oppressed and now want to start wars due to extremism. you've gotta be kidding me.

It's not matter what you say or not. I found this is ridiculous that anti-spanking people scold parents for their different ways.

I am against abuse. Yes. Sorry if you don't like if someone is not going to support your belief that it's ok to hit small children who cannot defend themselves.

No. You clearly don't respect parents who believe in spanking. Even it is just light spanking, you still consider it is abuse.

If they feel spanking is work, great. If they don't want to spank kids, great. Each way is different. To make spanking illegal is not going to solve anything at all.

Hey KarissaMann
Just to compare notes and shed light on the situation. What do you consider a spanking offense? a time out offense? a grounding? removal of toys or other things? extra chores? a stern talking to?

Spanking does not necessarily mean it's abuse. Nor does it mean it'll lead to psychological scarring. It depends on the context of the situation and the kind of spanking involved that may be needed. I wouldn't rule it out completely. I can see in certain circumstances when it would be necessary.

yeah spanking a child is for a severe offence that can't happen again. It's not a punishment used for dealing with rude behavior or undone school work. More for attempting to burn the house down or biting your siblings finger off.
you know the big things

Wow....most of you know that I have 3 boys, am a female and a single parent.

As for spanking my boys when they were, say ages 6-8...yes I did whenever it was warrantied. I always talked to them "first" about any infraction...such as not looking whenever they crossed the street, etc. The youngest was very hyper....could not sit still and always "ran" and not walked....I never, ever beat the crap out of them, tho', and left no marks. Just a swat on the hinney....maybe 2 or 3 if that's what needed to be done.

As they got older, ages 8 and beyond, it was grounding, no more spankings. And it's worked for me. I've also noticed that many African Black mothers, their kids are very well-behaved in grocery stores, etc.!...moreso than white kids.

I would not tolerate any disrespect from my boys and I made that evident to them.

Wow....most of you know that I have 3 boys, am a female and a single parent.

As for spanking my boys when they were, say ages 6-8...yes I did whenever it was warrantied. I always talked to them "first" about any infraction...such as not looking whenever they crossed the street, etc. The youngest was very hyper....could not sit still and always "ran" and not walked....I never, ever beat the crap out of them, tho', and left no marks. Just a swat on the hinney....maybe 2 or 3 if that's what needed to be done.

As they got older, ages 8 and beyond, it was grounding, no more spankings. And it's worked for me. I've also noticed that many African Black mothers, their kids are very well-behaved in grocery stores, etc.!...moreso than white kids.

I would not tolerate any disrespect from my boys and I made that evident to them.

Just as I said, there are certain circumstances that would warrant a spanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back