South Carolina House passes illegal immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each law is a little different.......and the big robes might see it differently. :dunno: If enough states get pissed at the same time a whole bunch of laws might change

Not if they can't get it past the Federal Courts. And racist discriminatory laws will never get past. The Federal Courts operate on legal prinicples...not racist rhetoric and overly emotional responses from highly bigoted people.

'scuse me? My red-headed, blue-eyed, so white he's nearly albino, husband had to show his green card a few times over the 20 years he held it. A couple times for employment, once for a traffic stop, I think a couple other times for one thing and the other.

Probably the cop didn't like red-heads and was profiling him. Or it might have been that not stopping for a red light thing that did him in...

Oh, I see. So that means that this law is not racist and discriminatory?

Not if they can't get it past the Federal Courts. And racist discriminatory laws will never get past. The Federal Courts operate on legal prinicples...not racist rhetoric and overly emotional responses from highly bigoted people.

Oh really? So the Supreme Court has never overruled a Federal Court?

Oh really? So the Supreme Court has never overruled a Federal Court?

Not in a case like this, now, have they?:)

The Supreme Court as well, operates on interpretation of the legal priniciples, not racist rhetoric and overly emotional bigoted responses.

How would it be reacist? Is the law against an entire race?

Like I told Reba, if you can't see where the racism and discrimination are inherent in laws like these, I truly feel sorry for you.

Oh, I see. So that means that this law is not racist and discriminatory?

It was a specific response to Beowulf's comment "Nice jawboning, whiteboy. At least you won't be asked to show your citizenship."

Even white boys get asked to show their citizenship/green card when they've done something that warrants getting stopped by the police. That's all I'm saying.

It was a specific response to Beowulf's comment "Nice jawboning, whiteboy. At least you won't be asked to show your citizenship."

Even white boys get asked to show their citizenship/green card when they've done something that warrants getting stopped by the police. That's all I'm saying.

Not white boys that don't speak with a distinctive accent.

from the bill: "WHERE A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER HAS REASONABLE SUSPICION THAT A PERSON STOPPED, DETAINED, OR ARRESTED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT IS AN ALIEN UNLAWFULLY IN THE UNITED STATES,"

So, that is discriminatory and racist. I mean, do you honestly think they would suspect I am an illegal? No. They would think I am American just because I am white. I get the break. They'd never ask me for proof. But they can ask someone who is not white for proof of citizenship just because they are suspicious based on their race or language or whatever...

The federal court will throw that bill out of the window.

He was in a car. How would the police have known what his accent was?

I'm sure they had to speak to him to request the documentation, now didn't they? What, they pulled him over, and then used a bull horn to demand he step from the car and show his green card? Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back