Sound and Fury DVD

kiwichris83

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I'm new to this website. Been doing a bit of reading and am glad I signed up :)

Am currently on waiting list for an CI, the waiting list here in NZ is very long and funding is very poor - Goverment has cut down funding from 21 Adult Operations a year to just 5 for 2009....(Currently 60 Adults on Waiting List)

I recently purchased the dvd Sound and Fury and to my shock it did not have captions!!!

Does anyone here know where I can download the Caption File so I can watch the DVD on my laptop with captions...

I was suprised it didnt have captions since it was a "Deaf" movie.....

Hey everyone - I'm new to this website. Been doing a bit of reading and am glad I signed up :)

Am currently on waiting list for an CI, the waiting list here in NZ is very long and funding is very poor - Goverment has cut down funding from 21 Adult Operations a year to just 5 for 2009....(Currently 60 Adults on Waiting List)

I recently purchased the dvd Sound and Fury and to my shock it did not have captions!!!

Does anyone here know where I can download the Caption File so I can watch the DVD on my laptop with captions...

I was suprised it didnt have captions since it was a "Deaf" movie.....

Yikes, 5 adults this year, I do hope you get the lucky dip. How long have you been waiting???

Anyway welcome to AD. I am from UK so far i haven't found Sound and Fury yet not even on Amazon.co.uk so i have no idea i am afraid.

Sound and Fury been out since 2000, I've seen it before, but since I'm engaged now I want to show my partner the controversal side of Implants, and i want to see the movie again myself.... suprised its not on amazon.co.uk as its on amazon america...

heres information about it...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Fury-Jaime-Leigh-Allen/dp/B00005RIY3/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1235377039&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Sound and Fury: Jaime Leigh Allen, Jemma Braham, Freeda Cat, Scott Davidson, Ruthanne Gereghty, John Griffin, Barbara Herel, David Jacobs, Karl Katz, John Kaufman, Ann Lenane, Phillip Namanworth, Josh Aronson, Ann Collins, Jackie Roth, Ju[/ame]

And I've found a captioned Version on a different website but for some really odd reason its $195....

Um i only got confirmed onto the waiting list last week haha so havent been waiting long - only took 3 months from the day I requested to go for the implant to be on the list so thats quite quick...but now am in for a long wait...
They give children more importance here, then teens then adults but they base it on a points system like if you've got a family your chances are better, if you're working then ever better....but theres always someone with a better chance coming along...

On the other hand, the controversy has really been dying down. More and more people are accepting CIs.

yea and thats a good thing , but she wants to understand the controversy which is part of the history of the CIs....
I've explained as much as I can but this Documentry really does give a better insight....
And i got it because I know how good it is and stuff, but just annoyed at the lack of captions

the guy who make the Sound and Fury film, he's made a follow up film about those families.. the deaf family that was against CIs, they all (except for the dad) have CIs now.

the guy who make the Sound and Fury film, he's made a follow up film about those families.. the deaf family that was against CIs, they all (except for the dad) have CIs now.

yep thats accurate. Also, the dad's sister got CI as well. the dad is sticking to be deaf and proud of it. the dad is a great & awesome person with good heart. :)

Email from Josh

Heya
I emailed Josh the guy who made the movie - and very suprising, got a reply less than 12hrs later!
He said all commerical copies of Sound and Fury come with closed captions..

Quoted here from email

"All the commercial copies are closed captioned... If you got a DVD in the last few years it has standard
CC which you can pull up from your tv menu."

so its quite odd my copy doesnt have captions - but will attempt it on another dvd player / computer to see maybe its my dvd player - even though it does caption other dvd movies...

Anyone else here having trouble with this movie? or any ideas of where I can get the subtitle file?

Does it say CC or subtitle in the DVD menu when you inserted the DVD player? Or does it say anything onto the DVD cover of the case? If there is no CC, that incidates a bad printing to the company who makes these. Since you mentioned it is a deaf movie.

I know few websites that can download subtitles but I am not sure if I am allowed to post the site here, since it supports with torrented movies. If you want me to give you some, let me know on visitor message in my profile.

I am also a teacher of ASL of hearing students and also have noticed this DVD to have captions (as my son comes to my class and without captions it would be rude).

Heya
I emailed Josh the guy who made the movie - and very suprising, got a reply less than 12hrs later!
He said all commerical copies of Sound and Fury come with closed captions..

Quoted here from email

"All the commercial copies are closed captioned... If you got a DVD in the last few years it has standard
CC which you can pull up from your tv menu."

so its quite odd my copy doesnt have captions - but will attempt it on another dvd player / computer to see maybe its my dvd player - even though it does caption other dvd movies...

Anyone else here having trouble with this movie? or any ideas of where I can get the subtitle file?

thanks guys - sounds like either there is captions and my dvd system not picking it up - or i got a copy that wasnt meant to be around....

am going to try a few other dvd players , gonna visit mates today and will try it there....

you could say the name of the provider that i could get the captions from and I could google for it....cant seem to figure out how to send a message - gotta download AIM or something...or am I looking in the wrong place?

Cheers

Private messaging is disabled until you reach 50 posts on AD, but if you click my username, it will take you to my public profile, and there will be a visitor message box where you can write down, please note it is public.

I've got nuffing to hide so no matter if its public lol...

Have just tried 3 tvs - 3 computers ...no luck!

so lets hope this works!

NZ has a non returnable dvd copyright law - due to ppl buying and then copying the dvd then returning it for $$ they've made a law...if you buy CDs or DVDS its nonreturnable....

its only replaceable - so not much point returning if another dvd is gonna have the same result :shock:

Same law in Australia too. Yeah, whatever, what if it was destroyed and it was a waste of $$! :roll:

Easily, sell it on ebay.

I wanna actually watch it 1st before flogging it off - the DVD works fine .... nothing wrong with it...just the captions are not existing....

all good - just my comps refusnign me to let me load the page for vistor messages - so downloaded AIM as already had a name - but yeah....

Back