Sorenson VP-200 Use Without Account

iPad or Android tablet or smartphone or PC or whatever...

The problem is that his 93 years old grandmother doesn't know how to use it. Same with my parents-in-law don't have those stuffs because they are 88, therefore they are too old to learn those new stuffs. What's more, they can't afford internet service.

DrAnonymous' quote;
My grandmother is 93 and so explaining how to set things up on a computer is very very difficult.
Technology Still a Big Disconnect for Older Americans - The Best Life (usnews.com)

iPad or Android tablet or smartphone or PC or whatever...

The problem is that his 93 years old grandmother doesn't know how to use it. Same with my parents-in-law don't have those stuffs because they are 88, therefore they are too old to learn those new stuffs. What's more, they can't afford internet service.

DrAnonymous' quote;
Technology Still a Big Disconnect for Older Americans - The Best Life (usnews.com)

Wait a minute. "Can't afford internet service?" How was the OP planning to talk with her using a VP if she has no internet service?

An iPad is ridiculously easy to use. It's far easier than using a VP. She learned to use one of those, no? Anyways, it seems to be the simplest and easiest solution to the problem, if she has internet service. If she doesn't have internet, why start this thread?

We used DBAN software to clean hard drives for computers we recycled from a defense contractor.

I've read that it's recommended to degauss the HD, then power drill holes in it.

The military prefers complete physical destruction of HDs. In an emergency they use thermite grenades.

We used DBAN software to clean hard drives for computers we recycled from a defense contractor.

I've read that it's recommended to degauss the HD, then power drill holes in it.

The military prefers complete physical destruction of HDs. In an emergency they use thermite grenades.

Yikes! That's not how I'd wanna destroy any presence of myself on a computer. I'll pass up on playing with the big boy stuff, thanks.

Yikes! That's not how I'd wanna destroy any presence of myself on a computer. I'll pass up on playing with the big boy stuff, thanks.
Except for the thermite, all the other methods are non-lethal. :lol:

Wait a minute. "Can't afford internet service?" How was the OP planning to talk with her using a VP if she has no internet service?

An iPad is ridiculously easy to use. It's far easier than using a VP. She learned to use one of those, no? Anyways, it seems to be the simplest and easiest solution to the problem, if she has internet service. If she doesn't have internet, why start this thread?
I was talking about my hearing PIL who can't afford internet service. BTW, did you take a look at the statistics in the link?

Here were the percentages of older persons using various technologies:
Smart phone: 3 percent
Tablet: 3 percent
eReader: 5 percent
Laptop: 8 percent
PC: 41 percent
Cell phone: 61 percent
Wireless: 16 percent
Internet access: 33 percent
His deaf grandmother has to have an internet access for VP to be functional. I know some old deaf people who have a VP but no computer since they don't know how to use it. All VP needs is a router.

The degauss don't works for SSD like that way.

Thermite grenades? Sweet!

Yeah..that's how we do the same here...

Not for me! Too risky. I don't wanna accidentally sit on one somehow-- not that I'd be able to get my hands on one, anyways.

It is probably OK to do if you live in rural area.

See Reba's suggestion above.

The Navy only uses thermalite grenades when their ship is in danger of being taken by the enemy. (Think of the USS Pueblo.)

I was talking about my hearing PIL who can't afford internet service. BTW, did you take a look at the statistics in the link?

Oh. Okay I missed that.

His deaf grandmother has to have an internet access for VP to be functional. I know some old deaf people who have a VP but no computer since they don't know how to use it. All VP needs is a router.

True, but then all the tablet needs is a router (wireless) too.

CAN without router, but needs high speed Internet connection. Can be just modem and VP that is it and it WILL work!
OOPS! That's what I meant, modem. However, many modems which are provided free by ISP like FiOS have a built-in router. That's why I said router in the first place.

SMH modem and router are not same thing.

Modem stands for Modulator Demodulator, while router shares single public IP address in pool of private addresses.

If you mention router built in modem, then it is called Gateway Modem.

OOPS! That's what I meant, modem. However, many modems which are provided free by ISP like FiOS have a built-in router. That's why I said router in the first place.

SMH modem and router are not same thing.

Modem stands for Modulator Demodulator, while router shares single public IP address in pool of private addresses.

If you mention router built in modem, then it is called Gateway Modem.
Are a modem and wireless router two different devices? - Yahoo Answers

Answerer #2 answered 8 month ago

Yes, two different device.

But there are some combined devices sold, and here is where it gets weird. Some combination devices are labeled as "gateways," but others are labeled as "modems" (even though they are also routers,) and others are labeled as "routers" (even though they are also modems.)
Verizon calls it a router, even though it is also a modem.

Network Troubleshooting | FiOS Internet | Residential Support | Verizon

I have Verizon MI424WR router. Now you understand why I said router in the first place. End of discussion!

Back