Sorenson VP-100 users to get an important upgrade!

Blade Runner

Reaction score
Anyone that has a VP-100 can go and click on upgrade to get an important upgrade that WILL allow them to call any other relay other than Sorenson. This will be reflected by when the VRS button is replaced with "SVRS." I have yet to find out if it will accept calls from dlink via phone numbers (That was a rumor I heard....) because I just got the upgrade.

RITCount said:
Anyone that has a VP-100 can go and click on upgrade to get an important upgrade that WILL allow them to call any other relay other than Sorenson. This will be reflected by when the VRS button is replaced with "SVRS." I have yet to find out if it will accept calls from dlink via phone numbers (That was a rumor I heard....) because I just got the upgrade.

Ok, will check my VP100 out, got url for this if any from sorensonvrs.com?

No I don't see or got any upgrade. I believe it won't happen till July 1st. it is kinda early to get it.

The July 1st Interoperability is not a rumor. There are press release going out few months ago that Sorenson VRS will allow all VP-100 users to use it to call other VRS.

So what's the
applicaiton version
boot loader version
app loader version?

mine shows;

no update yet.. (when I press check update, it flash back right away saying it is up to date.)

RITCount,

Wait a min, you are in New York right? then it is the beta testing state. apparently you are getting the update so the VRS call center in NY can use the VP-200 to answer your call. I guess that's why you got it.

:dunno:

Its offical! I can call any VRS though my Sorenson VP-100!!! I was surprised that it is earlier than planned. Yup I tested and called HIPvrs, my favorite VRS. PAH!!!!

diehardbiker65 said:
Its offical! I can call any VRS though my Sorenson VP-100!!! I was surprised that it is earlier than planned. Yup I tested and called HIPvrs, my favorite VRS. PAH!!!!
what state are you in?

diehardbiker65 said:

Sorenson staff are spying your converations via Sorenson videophone. :whistle:

Its possible, that is why I wouldn't trust them. I would use Dlink that I have downstairs for any sensitive information.

Mookie said:
Sorenson staff are spying your converations via Sorenson videophone. :whistle:

diehardbiker65 said:
New Yawk!
like I said before New York is one of VP-200 beta testing state.. so that must be the reason.. that you all get it early so the call center can work with your vp-100 till vp-200 roll out.

Do you have VP-200 yet? if not then maybe not a selected beta tester though..

RITCount said:

On my VP the button is already replaced by SVRS button - I just turned on VP just now. And I live in Texas.

VP-200 is STILL in beta testing stage. Two friends of mine have that already and seen problems, unfortunately that Sorenson Technican don't believe it. My friend gave up! That technican don't have any clue to whats difference between DHCP and Static IP address. My friend got Static IP address, and that technican said must use DHCP. It wont' work on Static IP address at all. RME!
Both of Sorenson VP I have is VP-100.

Boult said:
like I said before New York is one of VP-200 beta testing state.. so that must be the reason.. that you all get it early so the call center can work with your vp-100 till vp-200 roll out.

Do you have VP-200 yet? if not then maybe not a selected beta tester though..

LuciaDisturbed said:
On my VP the button is already replaced by SVRS button - I just turned on VP just now. And I live in Texas.
Interesting.. I don't have it yet. .hmmm I did try the update many time today eh..

Yup, all you have to do is add in your phone book of your favorite VRS, for example for HIPvrs I entered call.hipvrs.com and called them. Viola! it worked.
CSD, I think CSDVRS.TV

LuciaDisturbed said:

Boult said:
Interesting.. I don't have it yet. .hmmm I did try the update many time today eh..

Eh, I didn't update or anything. I just turned it on and it is there already.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Eh, I didn't update or anything. I just turned it on and it is there already.
Yeah it is auto-update though.. probably you didn't see the part that it was updating but who cares now you have it. . can you check what version you got via update in setting?

I see all of eight VRS competitors works on my VP....

Oop!, I have not tested my Sorenson VP yet...

Boult said:
RITCount,

Wait a min, you are in New York right? then it is the beta testing state. apparently you are getting the update so the VRS call center in NY can use the VP-200 to answer your call. I guess that's why you got it.

:dunno:

I never said I currently have the VP 200. I have the vp 100.

my data shows this:

application version: 1.6.1000.400
Boot loader version: 1.1.1.1
App loader version: 1.6.200.100

As you can see, I just got the update today.

Back