Soon the government check won't be in the mail

Well hell. All this sucks. I am applying for disability, and don't know how long it's going to take me to even get it. But, right now I can't even get a bank account of any kind, joint or whatever, because I have a stupid bitch for a sister who stole my ss number and used it to open an account with her name attached to MY number because she'd screwed up her other one! She left this one all fucked up as well and now I have to try and clean up this mess. I don't even know where she lives, but if I can ever get the morons at the bank to help press charges and straighten the mess out it will be a miracle!

Oh NOOOOOO!!!!! That's awful.

I'm fresh out of advice on that. You certainly have my sympathy and concern! I hope the banks and the police and whoever else needs to get involved can figure it out and toss your sister in jail, if need be. Such a rotten thing to do.

Oh NOOOOOO!!!!! That's awful.

I'm fresh out of advice on that. You certainly have my sympathy and concern! I hope the banks and the police and whoever else needs to get involved can figure it out and toss your sister in jail, if need be. Such a rotten thing to do.

*sigh* And guess what? The rest of my family thinks I'M being the bad person here. They want me to forget it and pay the penalty fees. And they all wonder why I don't really have anything to do with them and live far away from them. :roll: As you can imagine I'm not really into doing the whole "happy families" thing.

Well hell. All this sucks. I am applying for disability, and don't know how long it's going to take me to even get it. But, right now I can't even get a bank account of any kind, joint or whatever, because I have a stupid bitch for a sister who stole my ss number and used it to open an account with her name attached to MY number because she'd screwed up her other one! She left this one all fucked up as well and now I have to try and clean up this mess. I don't even know where she lives, but if I can ever get the morons at the bank to help press charges and straighten the mess out it will be a miracle!
That's identity theft, I think the bank have an obligation..

That's identity theft, I think the bank have an obligation..

Yep...it is identity theft. But, this bank is in podunk, inbreeding-r-us Kentucky. The place is actually called Salt Lick. The bank is barely out of the early 1900's as far as modern tech goes...which is probably why little miz skank chose it for this bit of chicanery. They just ignore me. I have sent tons of messages and had my hubby call numerous times. They either give us the run around, tell us it's our job to fix the mess, or ignore us completely. We live in Athens, Georgia...and with no car it's not like we can just make quick trip to fix HER mess. GRRRRRRR!

Luckily I have told the bank that if my account gets below a specific dollar amount, they email me a notice. I also opted to not have my debit card accepted if it would overdraw me. I haven't had an overdraft now in a while. I write down my debit purchases while at the checkout just like it was a check, so I don't miss entering it at all. Makes the customers behind me very upset, but oh well.

When I said previously that I would be leaving and not be around to deal with MIL, well, that has changed. We are staying. She is thinking about adding me to her checking account so I can help when needed. She is also thinking about getting the debit card as more and more places are not accepting checks anymore.

She is thinking about adding me to her checking account so I can help when needed.

That's a good plan. My mom did that with my sisters, as they both lived near her and both of them were helping mom with her finances. When my mom passed on, my sisters just used those accounts to pay final expenses, divide the estate, etc. It worked out fine for us.

Are they out of their ever-lovin' MINDS???

*sigh* I have one of those sort of family's that do the whole "well, it's family...even if they screw you over...you just gotta forgive and forget." I'm like..."Fuck THAT!" I'm the "black sheep" of the lot. I don't visit anymore...I purposely moved far away from all of them because I utterly hate the stupid, petty, little drama shit that goes on all the time. They act like I'M the bad one...and have accused me of turning my back on them and blah, blah blah. I'm not exactly into the whole "happy families" bullshit. :roll: In my 42 years I have learned that friends is, at least, family you get to pick for yourself. ;)

I did try for SSI awhile back, was told flat out no because I guess the requirement was I had to be 90% hearing loss in one or both ears. I have complete loss on my right side, and about 60% loss on my left side. So I just kinda shrugged and looked for jobs. Its hard though, every job I have had I've always had a conflict. My boss recently asked me how I would feel if I had some kind of sign under my name tag saying I'm deaf/HOH.... I know he means well but I have mixed feelings on that.

Honestly I have no clue what my options are as far as gov help.

Back