Sony is not planning to do PSP 2.

Steel X

Reaction score
Sony's portable gaming/media handheld device, which is roughly now 4 years old will not have the successor coming out anytime soon. Sony has its hands full with alot of plans for their first handheld device and dont know when they would do the PSP 2. Only time can tell.

At least I think thats a good thing. PSP still have plenty of life left and there are plenty of games and UMD movies (obviously movies by Sony Pictures) coming out for the PSP for afew more years from now. Sony should take their time and give it all their best for the PSP and especially the PS3. They do have alot of plans for the PSP and the PS3 together in the future.

Seems the next generation will have to wait afew more years since we still got plenty of games coming for Xbox360, PS3, Nintendo DS, Wii, and of course the PSP.

2012 would be a good start so let's see.

Enjoy your PSP as much as you can. :)

No Plans for a PSP 2 According to David Reeves: News from 1UP.com

Not too surprising anyhow. As for UMD movies....they're worthless. You can make a copy of your own DVD collection and save it on a memory card and plug it to your PSP and play it. :) Saves your money that way.

I own PSP myself but UMD movies is worthless -- I download the movies from my PC and have them imported into my memory card ---- advice, bigger memory ;)

I own PSP myself but UMD movies is worthless -- I download the movies from my PC and have them imported into my memory card ---- advice, bigger memory ;)

Yeah too bad most movies from the Playstation store dont even include subtitles.

Yeah too bad most movies from the Playstation store dont even include subtitles.

Of course, I only have three UMD movies, they are subtitled, but what's point in having them if we already have DVDs, Blu Ray Disc etc?

Of course, I only have three UMD movies, they are subtitled, but what's point in having them if we already have DVDs, Blu Ray Disc etc?
*shrugs* sometimes it beats than having to go to a store to buy one on DVD/Blu-ray lol helps save you some gas and stuff, I guess.

But yea, I agree with you on that part about dvds/blu-ray...as long as they still include subtitles, its all good.

*shrugs* sometimes it beats than having to go to a store to buy one on DVD/Blu-ray lol helps save you some gas and stuff, I guess.

But yea, I agree with you on that part about dvds/blu-ray...as long as they still include subtitles, its all good.

Indeed, subtitles or nothing. Now, another interesting option has opened up for me, which I can not state in AD - you know the drill, my friend. ;)

Indeed, subtitles or nothing. Now, another interesting option has opened up for me, which I can not state in AD - you know the drill, my friend. ;)

I'm not sure if I get the picture...

Back