Son not wanting to sleep at night

We were told by the pediatrician to hug her and give her comfort. She was still not potty trained at that point. We had struggles with that and she was 5 before being fully trained. There were underlying issues and the medical community was behind us all the way. I would make sure that she was clean and dry and just hold her through the terror. It would take half and hour to an hour to get her quiet again.

NP, whatever worked. I just wanted to share my experience/theory. I do remember reading (and I believe experiencing) that kids might "fight" any touching. Again, remember, they're still asleep during a terror.

Just curious. does she sleep walk now? I believe people who had night terrors sleep walk when they're older. Our girls did and may still be doing it. My one daughter (17) thinks she walked out to her car and opened the door (and perhaps got into it) recently. Hopefully she didn't have her key with her. :shock:

NP, whatever worked. I just wanted to share my experience/theory. I do remember reading (and I believe experiencing) that kids might "fight" any touching. Again, remember, they're still asleep during a terror.

Just curious. does she sleep walk now? I believe people who had night terrors sleep walk when they're older. Our girls did and may still be doing it. My one daughter (17) thinks she walked out to her car and opened the door (and perhaps got into it) recently. Hopefully she didn't have her key with her. :shock:

No sleep walking, but she still has troubles getting to sleep. She will sit up either on the computer or pacing the kitchen floor with her MP3 player until easily 2 am before coming to bed. Then sleeps until noon. When we have to get her up early, like 7am, she still stays up until 1-2 or even 3 am.

i notice my uncle nephew is very pretty depend screaming yell my sister!I know my sister lots of overwhelmig, I chat recently my brother and my sister in law tried pretty sound night tired not easy tough!

Hate to say it, but I agree with Jiro. The OP also said in another thread that they live with the maternal grandparents. Seems this guy is trying to assert himself when he really doesn't have a right to (Mom and this guy aren't married). Maybe the child does want/need his Mother? I'd go with that before I would anything else; especially if the kid is seeing the sitter or Grandma the majority of the day.

Shh shh... I look for any opportunities to be able to call Jiro an asshole. It's my little pet name for him. ;)

My son is 2 and we have had the same problem. He is our 4th child and I can recall the other kids doing this too just not as much as him. I agree with the above post of do not cater to the child. Pick him up bring him back to bed tell him once that it is night time and he needs to go to sleep. Then simply put him to bed as many times as it takes do not make eye contact with him, let him know you mean business. Keep doing it he will learn. Two naps? My kids have not taken 2 naps since they were infants. Sometimes in the winter it is hard they need more exercise. Play with him and make sure he is worn out. When he wants to lay down for a nap at 8 gradually make him stay up later and make it one nap! He will sleep better at night if he is worn out and his belly is full. I noticed with my boy when he would have growing spurts he was more likely to get up in the night. Don't feed him at night give him water if he is absolutely throwing a fit for something to drink. Make sure he gets something that is going to make him feel full through the night. You just have to find your own thing all kids are different and that is what makes you his mommy! Just experiment these are merely suggestions.

Back