Some suggestions

I'm going to ask about the Naidas and the Aquaris. Is there any other that I should look into? How water resist is the NAida? I do sweat a lot in the summer and I have already shorted one pair of the Extras out due to sweat. Has anyone been in a soaking rain or really sweated on the Naida? Did it still work?

http://www.alldeaf.com/hearing-aids...nterested-naida-s-water-resistant-rating.html

And I would also use a dry and store to protect them :)

Your loss would allow yourself to go with the Phonak H2O aids which have a higher water resistant rating then the Naidas but still can't swim in them.

Last edited:
I was looking at the Solanas and the Niada S III CRT ones and I like those too and they are supposed to be much more water resistant than the other Niadas

I would love the next Naida UPs to have a better water resistant rating, I hope the next ultra power aid from Phonak matches the Solanas rating. :wave:

I just got back for the audiologist. I'm getting (no real choice here) the Phonak Cassia M H20 in blue ocean. They said my ears weren't "bad enough" for the Niadas and that my insurance wouldn't cover the Aquaris at all (Medicaid NY). I have to wait to see if insurance will even decide to cover them (it takes 30 days) then they will order them and my new aids. I am saving up for the compilot because they won't order it until they are paid in full. So I'm looking at 6 weeks with my left aid working when it wants to but I guess I'll survive

Your 250 freq in your left is the only one that won't fit into the Naida sp range unless you have sound recovery then it will.
The ones that has been ordered do have a better water resistant rating tho so it maybe best coz of moisture issues.

The dispenser said that I would likely only get full benefit from the Cassias for a year or two (I average 5-10 db loss a year) but said she couldn't give me the next ones because insurance. I have been fine with the Extras and I'm hoping the Cassias are at least as good if not better. I am hoping to pay for the Compilot the day approval comes through so I can get them at the same time. $360 won't be too hard for me to come up with!

Seems silly that they won't let you have HAs that have room to grow. It will cost your insurance more in the long run and prob you if you have to pay a bit towards them.

I agree, it is silly. She really wanted to fit me with something else but with my need for really good water resistance, we kinda got stuck. I just found out my 14 year old made the swim team too. He's autistic and I am afraid I might get pretty wet if he gets excited lol! She asked me if I wanted to try the open fit today but I told her no I wanted the full skeleton molds. I'm a bit scared of the risk of the domes getting stuck in my ears. I know its rare for it to happen but its a risk I'd rather not take. She asked me why I wanted the full skeleton ones instead of the half skeleton and I told her my current ones cause me nothing but trouble and my old ones were so much more comfortable.

Yeah I'm really glad we went with the water resistance in case I get pulled into the pool. She did say I could swim with them on as long as I keep my head out of the water. I refuse to dunk my head anyways. I have had 6 sets of half skeleton molds in as many years (the Extras are 7 years old). I hate them! I'm glad I FINALLY got someone to listen and give me back the full ones! I laughed earlier and both HA popped off my head!

Back