So, will the deaf culture be there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
I thought I had the thread and can't seem to find it here. So I created another thread.

Do you think that Deaf Culture will be there in the future like 20 to 30 years or 100 or millions years?

Almost every babies being implanted, in the world who happen to be in the hearing world. and will they have their immersion of being part of the Deaf Culture? LIke they have deaf people souls of having their own deaf culture, like black people have their souls

just wonder. :hmm:

I think it will be a different kind of Deaf culture than what we are used to. Only time will tell.

I'm sure something will be there. It will not be the same culture that it is today, but that's the case with any culture/ethnic group/civilization. They change and evolve.

I'm sure something will be there. It will not be the same culture that it is today, but that's the case with any culture/ethnic group/civilization. They change and evolve.

Whatever the future brings, I hope to be still friends with you, Friskey and a few other ADers that I feel connected with. We probably will need our friendships in the future that may become harsh on us who remain Deaf.

I thought I had the thread and can't seem to find it here. So I created another thread.

Do you think that Deaf Culture will be there in the future like 20 to 30 years or 100 or millions years?

Almost every babies being implanted, in the world who happen to be in the hearing world. and will they have their immersion of being part of the Deaf Culture? LIke they have deaf people souls of having their own deaf culture, like black people have their souls

just wonder. :hmm:

Less then 10% of kids with a hearing loss are implant candidates and less than that are implanted. There will always be Deaf people.

In at least 100-200 years, I feel there is definitely something where babies are born and the computers already processed their DNA sequences, much already mapped from human genome project recently and doctors will understand what genetic defects they have from printouts.

200-300-400+ years later:
There will probably some kind of DNA splicing technology by then similar to how plasmids and recombinant bacterial DNA are created today.. like for insulin for example. Stem cells are gonna come out first; because something is needed for cochlea cells and ear nerves to regenerate in the first place.

So the question is if the culture still remains.

I look at it as a bigger picture.. 5000 years from now, "white supremacy" is going to be gone. There will most likely be small factions of whites who feel they are elite or refuse to mate with non-whites in order to main cultural hegemony.. Patriarch customs, whatever the reason why they would look down on other races. (Think KKK)

so, will deaf culture be like that? :hmm:

Yeah, I don't know what will become of Deaf Culture if there are going to strong CI or stem cell to help babies and older children including adults. I hate that hearing people have been trying to fix the deaf people for many years and still continuing more into the future. :eek2: Hearing people will never leave us alone as the way we are. Our Deaf Culture is very important to us as it is history and understanding about our deaf way including ASL. :(

Yeah, I don't know what will become of Deaf Culture if there are going to strong CI or stem cell to help babies and older children including adults. I hate that hearing people have been trying to fix the deaf people for many years and still continuing more into the future. :eek2: Hearing people will never leave us alone as the way we are. Our Deaf Culture is very important to us as it is history and understanding about our deaf way including ASL. :(

Human nature to want to fix anything that is not by their normal standards. Nothing new...

The future is more about being born hearing, than fixing deaf. That's what I think it is. Easy to manipulate fetal DNA.
Right now, it's just about fixing the currently deaf until they have 'foolproof'ed the method so that it can be done at birth in the future. Then the already deaf people get old and pass away for the next generation.

But then again, probably in the USA if it remains constitutional with the same doctrines, they would have to give an option where you have a choice if the child is to be born deaf or not. Poor countries like Africa, broken factions of USSR will most likely not allow freedom of choice for political or
government reasons. This is the point I wanted to bring in with the white people part for my last post; it is more of like a voluntary "band of the same people who want to be this way" because they refuse to be apart of the majority of society.

Boy, the future is becoming a lot like many things I've came across in fiction. It'll be all too real.

Whatever the future brings, I hope to be still friends with you, Friskey and a few other ADers that I feel connected with. We probably will need our friendships in the future that may become harsh on us who remain Deaf.

Of course, Shel. We'll always be friends! :hug:

Yeah I am totally with you about the conncetion part with friends are awesome. Yep, we are, and will always be, friends.

Wirelessly posted

I think the Deaf culture would die out cos normal people would remove many abnormal genetic DNAs in human beings in future. 'Cause they still prefer healthy and normal people that have five senses. One or few missing senses are still BIG no no and not natural.

Never mind that sign languages are so bad thing to hearing, healthy, and five prefect senses people anyways. :|

Wirelessly posted

I think the Deaf culture would die out cos normal people would remove many abnormal genetic DNAs in human beings in future. 'Cause they still prefer healthy and normal people that have five senses. One or few missing senses are still BIG no no and not natural.

Never mind that sign languages are so bad thing to hearing, healthy, and five prefect senses people anyways. :|

yea... let's blame Obama for overriding federal court's blocking of federal funding on stem cell research.

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
Wirelessly posted

yea... let's blame Obama for overriding federal court's blocking of federal funding on stem cell research.

:lol:

I agree, they will create their own new culture with their CI problem, i guess, it will be a new CI culture, not deaf culture.

Keep in mind that it's also some of the deaf that wants to hear better or wants a CI, etc. Not just the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back