So this is a little random....

Mellerz

Reaction score
So, guys, this is a little random, but I've come to the conclusion that Hearing people are rude, in general. Not all of them, but a lot of Hearing people are. It seems like when I compare my Deaf friends/Deaf people to my hearing friends/hearing people, I see deaf people are far more caring and generous.

I'm a hearing girl, as you know...but I feel so out of place sometimes.

Certainly there have been some rude deaf people!!

Rudeness knows no bounds. Plenty of people from all walks of life can be and are considered rude. There are also those who will only have a rude moment or a rude couple of days, but are not general and for the most part rude. Some people may think "so & so" is rude while others will not, so it is all in how you interpret rudeness.

Rudeness knows no bounds. Plenty of people from all walks of life can be and are considered rude. There are also those who will only have a rude moment or a rude couple of days, but are not general and for the most part rude. Some people may think "so & so" is rude while others will not, so it is all in how you interpret rudeness.

That's a bunch of good points.

Certainly there have been some rude deaf people!!

I agree with this! I tried go get some help from the office for deaf and hoh in college and there where only deaf people work there and they would not give me the time of day!

There are deaf people who are scums. Trust me. Not all deafies are going to be amazing as me. *ahem!* kidding ofc ;)

Kidding aside, deaf people are just like hearing people in that there is a great diversity among them. You got the rich with the poor, smarties and dummys, and the nice ones and rude ones. Deafness doesn't mean the person will be nice.

Kidding aside, deaf people are just like hearing people in that there is a great diversity among them. You got the rich with the poor, smarties and dummys, and the nice ones and rude ones. Deafness doesn't mean the person will be nice.

I guess I've just been fortunate with the Deaf people I've met then. They're all very nice.

Alot of people think I'm being rude when really I just didn't hear them. But what do i do walk around with a sign hung on me saying hearing impaired. The man at 7/11 told my friend that he talks to me all the time and i never answer him. my friend told him to look at me when talking to me and make sure you have her attention. After years going there he is just now seeing that i have a hearing issues.

I guess I've just been fortunate with the Deaf people I've met then. They're all very nice.

In Texas, we have 97 men and 42 women who are classified as deaf and are in a segregated part of the state prison (mostly for drugs, but some rape, etx.) How is that for nice!

I work with the public and believe me...there are no boundaries as to who is rude: hearing, deaf, tall, short, big, small, old, young...trust me. Sometimes, people are so rude that it makes me wonder why I do what I do. :P

So, guys, this is a little random, but I've come to the conclusion that Hearing people are rude, in general. Not all of them, but a lot of Hearing people are. It seems like when I compare my Deaf friends/Deaf people to my hearing friends/hearing people, I see deaf people are far more caring and generous.

I'm a hearing girl, as you know...but I feel so out of place sometimes.

I think it's because deaf people *might* look past classic stereotypes a lot easier than hearing people. Or in other words, deaf people trust other deaf people more easily than hearing people trust other hearing people.

i've met some rude deaf ppl and I've met some rude hearing ppl and i've met some rude ppl with physical "disabilities" and a rude blind person...rudeness doesn't discriminate...i think u need some new friends lol

Back