Snap! Come get your old Ojo!

dkf747

Reaction score
I emailed SnapVRS a long time ago to tell them to come get their OJO VP from me. It's been sitting in a box for over 2 years, maybe 3. Back then, they said someone would come to get it. I'm still waiting. I emailed them again 2 weeks ago and no response. I want to get rid of this Ojo. Is there info about where to send it?

call Zvrs and get it switched for a z20. LOL

Dunno what you signed on with sorenson. Did you sign any paperwork with them? Also, just remember that you should as a videophone user should be able to use ANY VRS you want that fits YOU and the features you want.

Dunno what you signed on with sorenson. Did you sign any paperwork with them? Also, just remember that you should as a videophone user should be able to use ANY VRS you want that fits YOU and the features you want.

I switched back to NVP. My wife uses that. I use Z4 on my computer. So, yes I know that I can use whichever VRS that I want to. That is a different topic. When I did the switch, I switched to the Z-20, but switched back a month later even though I loved the Z-20. I wanted the iPad 2 more. We're happy with the NVP now. Should I then take advantage and try to get a Z-20 by using an Ojo that has been sitting in its box for over 2 or 3 years? Then we would have both a Z-20 and an NVP. I'm not sure it is right to do that though. What do you think?

Same with me I found my old i2eye Videophone in storage I got it from CSD long time ago. I wonder if I can return it because I don't want it anymore.

ok - did not know what you did so far and I see your point about old equipments. It appears to be a problem now with many of us with this new growing problem and I suspect it will get worse. As we go through VRS changes/switches. I am not referring to upgrades where the installer should be taking the old equipment back with them.

Does any one have comments/thoughts on this?

I have an old OJO too, didn't even know if the company is still in business. its at my mother in law's house. you can change as often as you want We switched from Sorenson to Zvrs a few months ago but then Just switched back to Sorenson because my wife wanted the iPad2 that is free from sorenson... I like Z20 better than the Sorenson setup but Sorenson was smart marketing with giving away iPads... would not have switched back if it was not for the iPad thing and my wife's nagging... But if you end your service with sorenson in less than 2 years you have to give iPad back or pay pro rated fee.... I am sure in 2 years there will be even better stuff available
I still use ZVRS on my mobileand computer and I have both Z and Ntouch on the ipad Heh!

I have two thoughts on your old ojo--

1. mail it yourself with explaination and who you are and current contact info to:
Snap Telecommunications, Inc.
2 Blue Hill Plaza, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1626
Pearl River, NY 10965

2. since you have emailed them, have you tried calling them ? 866-949-7627. Be sure you document all your emails, phone calls, etc you did and checked your junk/spam folder in your email program. update your current contact with them. send a complaint to FCC.gov and explain you tried contacting them and no reasonable effort was made to contact you to pick up THEIR equipment when you are done with it.

After a reasonable amount of renewed effort to try to recontact them via emails/phone calls and if they still have not made ANY effort to pick it up and you documented everything, and you still don't want the old equipment then go ahead and give it to your local recycler. I know for a fact that my local recycler will take any electronic items for free. The reason I stressed on making sure you document REAL effort to contact them is because I don't want you to get in trouble for getting rid of of videophones not used.

We need a NEW guidelines on what to do with old videophones not used and let everyone know what to do with it.

I have two thoughts on your old ojo--

1. mail it yourself with explaination and who you are and current contact info to:
Snap Telecommunications, Inc.
2 Blue Hill Plaza, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 1626
Pearl River, NY 10965

2. since you have emailed them, have you tried calling them ? 866-949-7627. Be sure you document all your emails, phone calls, etc you did and checked your junk/spam folder in your email program. update your current contact with them. send a complaint to FCC.gov and explain you tried contacting them and no reasonable effort was made to contact you to pick up THEIR equipment when you are done with it.

After a reasonable amount of renewed effort to try to recontact them via emails/phone calls and if they still have not made ANY effort to pick it up and you documented everything, and you still don't want the old equipment then go ahead and give it to your local recycler. I know for a fact that my local recycler will take any electronic items for free. The reason I stressed on making sure you document REAL effort to contact them is because I don't want you to get in trouble for getting rid of of videophones not used.

We need a NEW guidelines on what to do with old videophones not used and let everyone know what to do with it.

Good suggestions. I might try some of them.

If nothing else works, you can always send it me. I love gadgets. :D

I still have old CSD Ojo inside the box in the storage closet. Even though I worked for ZVRS for a short time and my manager ordered a Zojo (which I did not want it) for me. When I received a Zojo device, I was not crazy about the device, so later on I decided to resign from ZVRS due to lack of work. I returned a Zojo back to ZVRS and number ported to Sorenson ntouch mobile. But I received many calls from a guy from Dallas, TX because he called his friend, then somehow it diverted to my number. I was sick of it and called CIR to remove my ported number and give me a new number.

I never like any Ojo products because the picture quality is blurry.

You could probably sell some of these devices to hearing people via ebay as standard videophones.. I know that the Z20 was designed for hearing I think the OjO was too. then its the specific software that is added for the VRS company

You could probably sell some of these devices to hearing people via ebay as standard videophones.. I know that the Z20 was designed for hearing I think the OjO was too. then its the specific software that is added for the VRS company

You need to be very careful about this. many VRS providers changed the software on the videophones so its stuck in THEIR default VRS provider calling number. If you sell VP, and its assigned to you- who do you think will be in trouble for it?

When VRS providers give away the software or hardware to you in hopes that you will use them as a default VRS company, its given to you 90% of time as a free device so it has no monetary value.

Quite often you signed papers when you received the equipment for free, you signed a agreement not to give away/sell those videophones. Many of you may not remember, but you did agree to something at one point before or after signing up for the videophones attesting you are deaf and know sign, etc. yadda yadda.

Do what you will, but don't say I didnt warn you and things will change just because of that.

You need to be very careful about this. many VRS providers changed the software on the videophones so its stuck in THEIR default VRS provider calling number. If you sell VP, and its assigned to you- who do you think will be in trouble for it?

When VRS providers give away the software or hardware to you in hopes that you will use them as a default VRS company, its given to you 90% of time as a free device so it has no monetary value.

Quite often you signed papers when you received the equipment for free, you signed a agreement not to give away/sell those videophones. Many of you may not remember, but you did agree to something at one point before or after signing up for the videophones attesting you are deaf and know sign, etc. yadda yadda.

Do what you will, but don't say I didnt warn you and things will change just because of that.

That's why I didn't throw it in the trash. It's theirs, not mine. Same with the old HOVRS I2Eye VP (DLink VP). That one, I think, can be safely discarded, but I still have it.

I gave old Snapojo to my friend and he never use it. I asked ZVRS tech support if I can send Snapojo to reflash it to Zojo. They told me no because Snapojo is property of Snapvrs. That was couple yeare ago.. If Snap goes out of biz, then probably they might do that.

I have Zojo but never used until Im finished with basement then be able to use it.

Catty

Back