Site Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHalfWayMan

Reaction score
Dear Mods,

Although my relationship with the forum seems to have gotten off to a bad start, I'm hoping to spend alot more time on the forum and wanted to ask about its speed.

Is it really slow for just me or everybody? If everybody, what are the reasons and what can we do to speed it up?

Speed doesn't have to do with anything of the forum, it is your ISP supplier speed. Everyone has its various of speeds. For example, I am on High Speed. The other is on dialup, etc.

Hi J,

I am (supposedly) on a 2MB connection and I don't have speed issues on other websites.

Do things load fast for you?

Just call me Jake, thanks

My internet speed is Broadband high and it loads fast and simple.

Is there a problem? What speed is your internet?

Nice to meet you Jake.

The internet speed is supposed to be 2 MB.

I wish I had some kind of screen record to show you how slow things are for me. Normally, the AllDeaf logo shows up and then different parts of the site show bit by bit. Some bits take ages.

I've just loaded things up on a colleague's computer and it loaded up quite fast for him.

Maybe there's something wrong with my computer. I'll investigate and get back to you.

Okay... its confirmed. For some reason, AlLDeaf is super slow in FireFox (my usual web browser), but loads super fast in Opera (my other web browser).

I guess I'll use Opera when I'm the forum.

Thanks

That's might be the problem.

Excellent, glad this problem has been solved

I only use FF since my IE doesnt work. AD seems fast.

Half, I found out that you are from Dubai since AD server is located in New Jersey, that would cause more slower when you using some website that serve in USA.

Just similar to website that located in China, I just tried got in chinese website and seems so slow.

Half, I found out that you are from Dubai since AD server is located in New Jersey, that would cause more slower when you using website that serve in USA.

Just similar to website that located in China, I just tried got in chinese website and seems so slow.
In theory... yes. In practice, though, I access American sites quite fast.

Also, I tried FF in safe mode and it didn't make a difference.

I'm using the forums with Opera now.

In theory... yes. In practice, though, I access American sites quite fast.

Also, I tried FF in safe mode and it didn't make a difference.

I'm using the forums with Opera now.

Just depends on different of server, can be slow or fast to other side, also it has nothing with distance at most time.

I'm using Safari, that included in Mac and it's fast webkit based browser.

Maybe your cache is full in firefox as it needs to be cleared out.

I am using firefox and have no problem with surfing in AllDeaf.

Wow! Spot on! I cleared all my private data and now its faster than Opera.

Bye bye Opera.

Thanks

You're welcome.

Mod's note: Thread's closed as problem was solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back