"sissy boy" experiment gone wrong

netrox

Reaction score
This is why I oppose therapy for "sissy boys" or therapy for gays. It does more harm than benefit:

This guy was treated at UCLA when he was only a few years old as part of experiment to see if he'll become more masculine and would cure "homosexuality" (although being a sissy boy does NOT mean he'll be gay) and he committed suicide:

Therapy to change 'feminine' boy created a troubled man, family says - CNN.com

It's not just one, I've heard MANY gays tell me their stories about being in therapy trying to be straight and they often just give up. It just doesn't work.

And what's wrong with "sissy boys" anyway?!!?

I remember one guy who fit in the label of "sissy boy" and thought he'd be gay - he was only three years old. Now, he's in his late 20's or early 30's and he's straight and married to a cool wife. He advocates for gay rights because he KNOWS how it felt to be discriminated.

Sissy boys are often mistreated and made fun of and when parents try to "cure" them, that only adds more problems. Parents should educate them and help them cope with prejudices but instead of that, they TRY to make the kids feel worse by telling them to "straighten up."

It's a shame that people have to endure such a therapy.

Oh leave kids alone and let them be whoever they become adults. Nowadays, I hope lots of parents simply accept whatever their lifestyles would be.

Despite the bad reviews X-Men: The Last Stand received, I believe it's a great example of how people are looked down at by the society for being... different.

For instance, a scene where the young boy is trying to clip off his wings, his father walks in and he says, "Not you too" as if something was wrong with him.

Despite the bad reviews X-Men: The Last Stand received, I believe it's a great example of how people are looked down at by the society for being... different.

For instance, a scene where the young boy is trying to clip off his wings, his father walks in and he says, "Not you too" as if something was wrong with him.

Yes Xmen movie has been on my mind since i first saw for the first time. It's a perfect example. So true!

I have so, so, so many problems with this, I can't even begin to say.

:( i know being parent is not a east task.

No, it isn't. But my problem is not so much with the parents (who should have been in therapy!) but for the therapists responsible. This is completely unethical.

And, to rolling7..pretty good evidence that this is not behavioral in nature, but an innate characteristic.

Oh yeah... I remember that. It did disappoint me, too. I'm not happy with Rouge (sp) cured herself to be normal so she can be with her lover... Ah, well. I guess it is just a movie. I guess... =/

and conservatives try to prove that homosexuality is unnatural by pointing out statistics that they're more likely to be destructive and commit suicide and all that... totally oblivious to the fact that THEY are the ones that contribute to them?!?!

"Fags!"

"Homos are gross!"

"They should all rot in hell!"

"Homosexuality is a mental illness!"

"We can fix you!"

Being different is hard but not being yourself is fatal.

Not to mention that we find it "wrong" if a male doesn't want to be stereotypically masculine.

Fulfill those socially prescribed gender roles at all costs!

and conservatives try to prove that homosexuality is unnatural by pointing out statistics that they're more likely to be destructive and commit suicide and all that... totally oblivious to the fact that THEY are the ones that contribute to them?!?!

"Fags!"

"Homos are gross!"

"They should all rot in hell!"

"Homosexuality is a mental illness!"

"We can fix you!"

I support gay rights and gays are human as much as everyone no matter how different they are.

The bold statement on the last one is exactly what happened to deaf and hard of hearing people when many authorities and parents wanted to make deaf people be normal like them. That is why it is impossible to be like them (normal people) whether we are deaf or gay.

I like the statements the best in the bottom which is soooo true.

"I want people to remember that this was a little boy who deserved protection, respect and unconditional love," his sister said. "I don't want him to be remembered as a science experiment. He was a person."

Never play "fire" with humans who are different than being normal. Just let them be who they are. Accept them as being gay or being deaf or being hard of hearing. Don't put them down like that. They are more happy and comfortable as a person. :(

Back