Sidekick LX's Relay Services - IP vs. i711

sirena rossa

Reaction score
I have a T-Mobile Sidekick LX. i absolutely love it!
And I see in the catalogs u can download either the i711 Relay service Or the IP-Relay service. I don't know much about either one. All I know is that i711 is an 800 # and with IP, u can have a personal #.
I am not sure which one to download... i know i can download both and try them out and I will. But i wanted to ask, does anyone have a preference over the other, and if so, why?

I used to use the IP-Relay service until it was bought out. I haven't really used the apps in ages. I have just learnt that Sorenson had recently added features on SipRelay.com for hearing people to call the deaf on Sidekick and other mobile phones. I have not tried the new features.

I prefer IP. My friend explained that whenever she called me via i711, she had a hard time understanding the relay operator. She said many of the operators on i711 didn't appear to be native English speakers.

Hi I am lost here due to the fact that Ip and 711 or even any relay services for that matter does not exist on the LX. I have used older SKs and have had relay services available in the catalog until I received my new LX and it appears to be discontinued. I even called T-mo and, yeah, it is no longer available. =(

Hi I am lost here due to the fact that Ip and 711 or even any relay services for that matter does not exist on the LX. I have used older SKs and have had relay services available in the catalog until I received my new LX and it appears to be discontinued. I even called T-mo and, yeah, it is no longer available. =(
On my Sidekick LX 2009, both of the IP-Relay and i711 apps aren't available. I suspect they will be back in the near future.

If you use AOL IM/AIM on your Sidekick, you can add the screen names in your buddylist.

Here is list of screen names listed:

Sorenson IP Relay - add SIPRelay
AT&T Relay - add ATTRELAY
Sprint Relay - add SprintIP
Hawk Relay - add HawkRelay
Hamilton Relay - add ThatsHamilton
i711 Relay - add i711relay
IP-Relay - add My IP Relay

There may be more relay providers with AIM screen names out there.

Hope this helps. :)

yeah I've emailed 711 about the lack of their relay app on the new LX 2009, but never got a response.

Both i711 and IP-Relay apps are available on Sidekick LX 2009. They can be found in the catalog.

I have yet used both apps, but I can see they are bit different from the apps on the previous Sidekick ones.

I have ip relay and i711 available on my sidekick LX 2009-carbon so u should be able to download from catalog.

Back