Sidekick LX or Black Berry Curve

Mayguy

Reaction score
I'm a proud owner of the SidekickII and now I'm looking at updating to a newer SK.

The SK LX seems like a very nice phone. However lot of my deaf friends get with the game and get the BB..

I did a compare, and they both seem very equal.

http://www.myrateplan.com/global_compare/compare_phones.php

I like how the SK keyboard feels and I may stop by the dealer and get the feel of the BB keyboard.

What do you suggest?

I'm a proud owner of the SidekickII and now I'm looking at updating to a newer SK.

The SK LX seems like a very nice phone. However lot of my deaf friends get with the game and get the BB..

I did a compare, and they both seem very equal.

http://www.myrateplan.com/global_compare/compare_phones.php

I like how the SK keyboard feels and I may stop by the dealer and get the feel of the BB keyboard.

What do you suggest?
I like Sidekick LX 2009 a lot. I like it simple, if I need to do big stuff, there is my computer waiting for me. I still pay the same monthly price that I first got Sidekick.

On Sidekick LX 2009, you get free apps like Facebook, Myspace and Twitter at no charge. For small fee, you can get PhotoBucket, Wunderground Weather and other popular apps. You can send images to your Facebook/Myspace/Twitter accounts from the phone. The camera is ways better than the Sidekick 3.

The keyboard is pretty good, but I think I prefer the one on Sidekick 3.

If you are in the corporate world (business man/woman), Sidekick LX 2009 now supports Exchange support.

Yes, it would be a good move to go to a corporate store/authorized dealer to compare both of the Sidekick LX 2009 and Blackberry.

I'd would love to have one, but the plan are NOT cheap! My partner has it, and I've been tempted a few times with it, but no way I am paying more than $80 a month for service.

Brian,

Thanks for the feed back.. I am being pretty lazy today to go the dealer! LOL But I'll look at it later on.

If you travel a lot! then BB that offers a good deal if you pick the right service like ATT or sprint or so.

I have SKLX since i dont travel that much! Sk LX doesn't cover the good range in the country area.

Nah, some people rather a simple mobile. :p

And yet, they will be behind the news such as video, tweet, facebook and more thatn sidekick wouldn't do that much. Oh deaf, they cannot have vacation while struck their nose on fat large display while I'm on beach along with sexy women over there. Ahhhh! Oh! And then I shall tweeting to tell that I'm on beach. fap fap fap

I have Sidekick LX 2009...I like their keyboard better more comfortable than Blackberry keyboard.

And yet, they will be behind the news such as video, tweet, facebook and more thatn sidekick wouldn't do that much. Oh deaf, they cannot have vacation while struck their nose on fat large display while I'm on beach along with sexy women over there. Ahhhh! Oh! And then I shall tweeting to tell that I'm on beach. fap fap fap

ha ha i got your point. well I like it so simple for now. One day I might try a different mobile with complicated and many features/options. :dunno:

I used to use Sidekick and I switched to ATT Bold. It is an awesome phone !!! Check out the Bold...

Blackberry is superior. I used to have Sidekicks but they're so cheaply made. Blackberries are tanks.

Well, it had time to day to go to the dealer an try out the phones, and I have to say, I did NOT like the keyboard on the Blackberry. The Sidekick felt much better than the BB.

I asked the dealer to turn it on for me to try the phone, and see how it acts with my hearing aid.. I flipped my hearing aid to "Phone" mode, and it buzzed like crazy! Argghh!!!!!!!! I told the guy that it said it has hearing aid compatibility. He didn't know what to say, so I went back and tried the BB and that as well buzzed away.... :roll:

So, tonight after supper, I came on here and did some digging and learned about the Compatibility set up, and wished I've knowed about the M and T's rating. I need to look at the phones with the T3 or T4... I may go back and try the phone again with out the phone mode turned on and try just the mic.

And yet, they will be behind the news such as video, tweet, facebook and more thatn sidekick wouldn't do that much

False.

The T-Mobile Sidekick LX 2009 features a high-resolution display and has a thinner design. They also offers 3G, GPS, Flash video support, and Facebook, Twitter and MySpace integration.

False.

The T-Mobile Sidekick LX 2009 features a high-resolution display and has a thinner design. They also offers 3G, GPS, Flash video support, and Facebook, Twitter and MySpace integration.

Do your area have 3G under t-mobile yet? I don't think so.

Do your area have 3G under t-mobile yet? I don't think so.

I checked the coverage so you are right.

Sidekick FAIL.

3G is not in my area yet. The dealer said T-mobile is making more area coverage.

When I tried it out yesterday, the video may of taken 3 seconds longer than the 3G iPhone my partner has, but once it was going, it was just as good as his 3G.

Fox, I wouldn't put a big FAIL on this.. It still works with out 3G.

3G is not in my area yet. The dealer said T-mobile is making more area coverage.

When I tried it out yesterday, the video may of taken 3 seconds longer than the 3G iPhone my partner has, but once it was going, it was just as good as his 3G.

Fox, I wouldn't put a big FAIL on this.. It still works with out 3G.

Like PowerON said.
"Sidekick is way behind technology"

Verizon/Sprint already have 3G in my area since 2006 and ATT just came out last year. T-mobile dont have one yet.

If your Sidekick LX is 2009 then you should try iPhone 3GS as 2009. iPhone 3G is 2008. :D

Like PowerON said.
"Sidekick is way behind technology"
How "way" behind is it? I can't think of what I'm missing out on. I have a SKIII now, and yes, I am missing out on a few things, but with the LX, has far more than what I have now.

iPhone has LOTS of apps.. Do I need them all? No.

If your Sidekick LX is 2009 then you should try iPhone 3GS as 2009. iPhone 3G is 2008. :D
The iPhone my partner has is the S, he got a couple of months ago.

False.

The IPhone need a damn flash video support! :mad:

Back