Sidekick 2008: New Features benefit Deaf Users

Don't care. Most mobile already have bluetooth and video caption in 4 years ago.

Send video to email without 3G is very bad idea.

Don't care. Most mobile already have bluetooth and video caption in 4 years ago.

Send video to email without 3G is very bad idea.

i agree...

i rather having a bluetooth for connecting my mobile to my laptop for mymobiler and files sharing.

i usually send my videos out to my friends at their 3G WM mobiles after i record myself on webcam(PC or laptop). i do use my mobile to record myself then i send out to my friends on their mobiles... the videos run like 1 to 3 minutes so i prefer 3G for quick loading...

sk 2008 can run up to 20 sec video recording which is not enough IMO. if anyone doesnt care about that bluetooth or video recording on sk 2008. then go for it.

i agree...

i rather having a bluetooth for connecting my mobile to my laptop for mymobiler and files sharing.

i usually send my videos out to my friends at their 3G WM mobiles after i record myself on webcam(PC or laptop). i do use my mobile to record myself then i send out to my friends on their mobiles... the videos run like 1 to 3 minutes so i prefer 3G for quick loading...

sk 2008 can run up to 20 sec video recording which is not enough IMO. if anyone doesnt care about that bluetooth or video recording on sk 2008. then go for it.

Hi Eric :D

What kind of pager do you using now? What is 3G? Oh boy, I am such idiot about the technology.

Hi Eric :D

What kind of pager do you using now? What is 3G? Oh boy, I am such idiot about the technology.

hi there ! :) long time no chat... hope all is well with you and ur family. :)

i have at&t tilt.

3G is high speed interinet... avg 800kbps to 1.2mbps

EDGE network goes up to avg 200 kbps.

Don't bother to get SK, just get BB or other phone if you need advanced in technology.

I'm happy with my BB 8330 from Verizon and EVDO can goes up to 1.4 mbps at peak for non-Rev. A but mostly average is 500-800 kbps, also less issue with RIM server than att does.

I thought that SKLX is everything than SK08!? anyway SK08 is replaced the SKID.. ;)

The Sidekick 3 is the same as Sidekick 2008 but without video.

I already have IP-Relay. Nothing new about that.

Well, Danger should have stepped up long time ago. Features... I believe they have the ability to do SO MUCH MORE than this, they just don't want to reveal to keep their business going and getting the sales flowing by releasing a Sidekick version at the slowest pace - their desired time, they are just simply STALLING.

Like with iPhone, Steve Jobs should have given us AIM messenger - the most popular worldwide in the first place on the 1st generation iphone. And wow, the 2nd generation iPhone is just upgraded with 3G and GPS, ah right don't forget loads of awesome applications via AppStore but no sign of video camera (video camera phone) which is already invented few years ago! Or even let alone the MP (MegaPixel) stayed the same! That's lame. Danger just wanted our money - Danger seems to be the major target for deaf buyers who think it's cool and convenient!

I am getting this side kick tomorrow. All of my deafie friends have side kicks and I have played with my friends quite often. I love side kicks, now that this one came out I am picking it up tomorrow.

I can not wait to finally keep in touch with all my deafies.

Back