Sicken gm automatic transmission

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I am talking about the reliabity and servicing them. Mechanics just don't like them because its modern. Lol.

They dont seem to be to reliable. I have two friends that work at nissan as mechanics. Ive heard from both that they have a number of CVT issues, more than normal A/T cars. As stated above, its much simpler to kill a CVT than a normal A/T

Yesterday morning, I installed a new dipstick tube boot and dropped a oil pan to drain ATF, put a pan back. Refill synthetic ATF and moved my van out of the bay and parked on the lot. No time to drive test. I worked very busy to servicing 15 vehicles (alone mechanic in a station for week, my tech is away for a vacation) Lot stress.
Today my van finally launched and drove test in the late afternoon, I can't believe the shifting quality is the same as I bought a brand new van.... soft to medium upshift, and slide 1-2 upshift. On moderate to hard accelerate, I almost can't feel upshifts (hearie can listen the engine revs). Return to the shop, check sign of leaks, no leaks found. I'm thinking of hook up my pressure gauge in a tranny tomorrow,to see what the hydraulic pressure looks like. Hope to update you tomorrow or???

4 years old Fluid Evacuator. I hard use it for sucking fluids out of the reservoirs like coolant tank or power steering, brakes, can be bleeding brakes, recover overfilled ATF or flooded fluid or water. I will get a new one from the parts distributor soon.

God, they are so tiny and hard to see. Wow, I plan to buy one same like you have one but it's break so easy. What brand of it?

oh, pics are too small. I have no idea how to resize these pics. Dst

You cant resize from small to big or it will become more pixel. Just set your mobile camera's setting to large for picture before you take a new picture again.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I am talking about the reliabity and servicing them. Mechanics just don't like them because its modern. Lol.

No matter. The DCT is just new technology over CVT, auto tran and manual. I love DCT for powerful, quick, great reliability, and easy repair than auto tran. Semi-truck plan get DCT.

no matter. The dct is just new technology over cvt, auto tran and manual. I love dct for powerful, quick, great reliability, and easy repair than auto tran. Semi-truck plan get dct.

dct?

No time to take my van on the road for evaluate hydraulic pressure test today. Busy day again. I think I come to work in early morning to check tranny's heartbeat. Before I leave station, my service writer told me that he will loan a mechanic tomorrow from another station to helping me to working on the vehicles. That helps me. I grab my beer and relax at home to cool off my boiled head.

Reman Transmission Update

Hello, I evaluated the hydraulic pressure gauge in a reman tranny last week ago, compared to an old modded tranny. The line pressure in a reman tranny is 20 psi under than old tranny. They are still within the line pressure specs. I remember I added stiff springs (from shift kit) in a pressure regulator valve in the oil pump housing to increase line pressure = crispy upshift however the shift kit was not solve the bang and slide 1-2 upshift problems but I like firm/crispy upshifts. I maybe try another brand shift kit like TCM or B&M someday. Here is pressure test report from the reman tranny:

Line pressure specs: 55-189 PSI in Drive, Park or Neutral
64-324 PSI in Reverse

Gear Position:

Park 60PSI
REV 90 "
N 60 "
OD 60 "
Drive 60 "
2 60 "
1 60 "

The shifting quality is ok, the upshift acts like a little girl take a ballet lesson.

Hello, I evaluated the hydraulic pressure gauge in a reman tranny last week ago, compared to an old modded tranny. The line pressure in a reman tranny is 20 psi under than old tranny. They are still within the line pressure specs. I remember I added stiff springs (from shift kit) in a pressure regulator valve in the oil pump housing to increase line pressure = crispy upshift however the shift kit was not solve the bang and slide 1-2 upshift problems but I like firm/crispy upshifts. I maybe try another brand shift kit like TCM or B&M someday. Here is pressure test report from the reman tranny:

Line pressure specs: 55-189 PSI in Drive, Park or Neutral
64-324 PSI in Reverse

Gear Position:

Park 60PSI
REV 90 "
N 60 "
OD 60 "
Drive 60 "
2 60 "
1 60 "

The shifting quality is ok, the upshift acts like a little girl take a ballet lesson.

You should use DCT. :)

Back