Show off your own Built a Custom PC!

I haven't build own PC yet and will in near future, however I did helped my friend on built the PC in last summer, it's great experience.

Nice to all of you built own PC.

You obvisouly have two built PC, am i right? I like first picture of cooler master PC. I like cooler master case. I honesty never see cosmos tower case before... its weird design isnt it?

Yes I have two computer and they both are Cooler Master. You never seen Cosmos 1000 before tower case? It's aluminum case with 5 120mm fans, and really big tower case.

I am seriously considering getting eSATA Harddrive. My motherboard has a port for eSATA and I understand that nothing is faster than SATA for reasonable price.

Found the info, it has EarthWatts 430 watt.

That's an idea but if I am gonna go that route, might as well use eSATA Harddrive since I already have port for that.
Dude, If you have ton of old harddrives, then can use these for backup/stroage as save your money instead waste of it. thats why I have many harddrives which removed from old pcs or someone gave it away and use Multifunction Converter for backup/stroage instead of selling those on ebay.. ;)

akhem, get at least 1 TB for that external drive, they are pretty cheap now
oh yeah, ustom build PC's i used to do that too

quite a long while back now, i dabbleith DFI Lanparty ultra B, mobo, nice board, muskins 222 specials (BH6) the BH5's were all sold out dammit.....flashing BIOS's wasnt for faint of hearts (as I am, - scared shit out of me everytime)

those bh6 wasnt bad, ch is the ones to avoid.. crippled bh5 revised lol

AMD ruled in those days, esp the Socket A's (if you remmy'd them) oh i loved the T'bred AUIHB's 2100 - sht they were fast, easily overclockable, then had an even better one XPM2600 batron,stepping ws IQYHA0351MPMW if my memory serves me, it was a fucking amazing little fucker lol

just a little link to help you go back in time :)

Best Athlon XP-M Stepping?! - Page 2 - Guru3D.com Forums

then later i had a realy good venice xp3000 (whch i still use today but not overclocking, just stock speed to make it last and boy it is last.....it ran all the way up to 2.7 GHZ into windows!!, stock is 1.8 ghz - almost a Ghz overclock - fucking amazing....(but this time i forgot what was the stepping , nevermind, and no, i dont want to pull off my heatsink this time- i got no more silver5 compound goo to replace it)

as for case modding, i never got it off the ground.. but had a few nice rounded cables... nice heat spreaders on rams, that was about it and lastly a trusty OCZ powerstream 520 W PSU still running it, nd tis Sata-ready... nice...for when it was new 4 years ago...

my last overclocking mobo was a MSI Neo2 Plat with the volt mod from psu to rams, it cooked the rams !! grrrr then it cooked the GPU, (6800 GTOC) never again will i fuck with a modding a board.. oh well.......

but that was the same board and venice 2.9 not in windows (STOCK cpu volts !!!) and 2.7 in to windows but hell it wasnt so kind to the then very robust BH6, it did but heck like if that was a different rams it would have cooked so fast to fail within a week easy.....I'm really impressed with the BH6, but only if i didnt solder that point...to that point and just BIOS up the volt with smaller increacement then i would have been alright... arent hindsights wonderful? only thing its too damn late and costly !! argh as u cant RMA a modded mobo, thats the way it is(and i knew that just i ignored advice and responsibility)

I kid you not overclocking was an expensive hobby, i gave it up.
i gave up gaming too, just it just study on a humble downclocked (stock speed) on this venice, and only game i might play at Lans might be quake 3 or Counterstrike source...yeah i moved on...

cheers
See in the bold: Yeah true but 1T Harddrive is more cheap price than 1T external drive. thats why i occurly buy the new or used harddrive as for an external drive instead package external drive when its on big sale/ or lowest price, because of that. :)

Yes I have two computer and they both are Cooler Master. You never seen Cosmos 1000 before tower case? It's aluminum case with 5 120mm fans, and really big tower case.
, I am honest with you, I've never heear nor seen Cosmos till you mentioned about it you have.. So Yes I notice your tower is huge one! But i really wondering why you bought huge tower that one?? because that more space and more airflow out and in?? or what??

Dude, If you have ton of old harddrives, then can use these for backup/stroage as save your money instead waste of it. thats why I have many harddrives which removed from old pcs or someone gave it away and use for backup/stroage instead of selling those on ebay.. ;)

See in the bold: Yeah true but 1T Harddrive is more cheap price than 1T external drive. thats why i occurly buy the harddrive instead external drive when its on big sale/ or lowest price, because of that. :)

I don't have any harddrive laying around. If I am gonna use it as backup, I think I would perfer to use a brand new one since I will need a reliable one.

I don't have any harddrive laying around. If I am gonna use it as backup, I think I would perfer to use a brand new one since I will need a reliable one.
Yeah.. Supercool.. I just suggest it. however Its your own preference I can't change. ;) I hope and courage you find external drive on big sale or lowest price..

Good luck.. :)

Thanks for the suggestion. It'll be a while before I can get one. Have to wait and see how things go.

Dude, If you have ton of old harddrives, then can use these for backup/stroage as save your money instead waste of it. thats why I have many harddrives which removed from old pcs or someone gave it away and use Multifunction Converter for backup/stroage instead of selling those on ebay.. ;)

See in the bold: Yeah true but 1T Harddrive is more cheap price than 1T external drive. thats why i occurly buy the new or used harddrive as for an external drive instead package external drive when its on big sale/ or lowest price, because of that. :)

, I am honest with you, I've never heear nor seen Cosmos till you mentioned about it you have.. So Yes I notice your tower is huge one! But i really wondering why you bought huge tower that one?? because that more space and more airflow out and in?? or what??

just buy a normal Harddrive Seagate 1TB, Sata, just like as you'd put straight inside a PC case, except I buy an enclosure with a USB plug/cable... that's what i meant by 'external' LOL
I 'd Never buy the 'pre-made or -pre-packaged hardrives, those are for retards with too much money

I'm going answer your last question about huge tower.

Yup, huge tower is usually popular for gaming and high performance PC, that what I have huge tower. Its good fits for more HDD, bulky/multi graphic card (SLi), additional fans and more other storage.

Have anyone to figure about put CPU in socket? I did pulled it out from my old PC then tried put again and it went bent on pin, it cause PC won't boot up but I'm little nervous about consider to buy CPU upgrade in later and want to work out about how put in socket without bend the pin.

ATTN: This is for build/ built their own PC only, ;) thank you!

I Honestly tell you, I had stopped to use this pc since 2001. thats why I ended up to bought my Laptop and use it a lots than desktop pc. I pulled my sweet built PC out of storage where it been collected dust.. My custom PC use for entertainment theater in living room for purpose.. heheh..

1998 about I started to built my own PC and kept me upgrade mainboard every year till 2001 stopped to buy upgrade motherboard. Look at my pictures of below:
img1803cutxcvertys1.jpg

Mainboard: MSI K7T266 PRO2-A
Power Supply: JGE ATX 300w P4- 12v
CPU: AMD Duron processor 1.20Ghz
Video Card: Radoen 9000 PRO 128MB DDR
Case: Lian Li PC-Aluminum Case
MEMORY: 1.5GB RAM
Rom drives: SONY DVD ROM, & SONY DVD RW ROM
Floppy: 1.4MB SAMSUNG

My built PC running pretty well, however I will upgrade some parts in future, when money is permission..

Once you build your own PC, it is soo fun. learn and experince , is that right?

You post your picture that show off what you build or built PC right here to share with us.. :)

:rofl: Why do you have to buy mobo every year?? Thought that mobo is good for 3 to 5 years with memory and graphic card upgrades!??

I builds my own system too. I would be happy to take pix of my homebuilt system. Also I have 600mhz system that are caseless (no case needed) sitting on my workbench and I shucked it in between the bookcase on left side of my workbench and harddrive, cdrom, keyboard, mouse, ethernet cable and power supply and power/status switch snaked to mobo. :rofl:

Catty

Have anyone to figure about put CPU in socket? I did pulled it out from my old PC then tried put again and it went bent on pin, it cause PC won't boot up but I'm little nervous about consider to buy CPU upgrade in later and want to work out about how put in socket without bend the pin.

simple - get a small pliers and pull the pins back

just wiggle it in. you'll be fine.

Nah, Use Sledgehammer to slam the processor into socket!!

j/k

I know handling processor with your hand can be hairy. You don't want to drop it on floor or table even just few inches to the surface (remmy that some processor like AMD 64 processor which is known to be big and heavy, you can easily bend pins just dropping it few inches to surface!) Treat it like it's a fragile glass. Be sure that you have enough grips on your hand that you would want to handle processor to slot by fingertips grip.

When you build new system, Be sure the processor socket lever is pulled fully up before inserting. inserting processor is easy, I never had issue with it cuz I follow the beveled end that matches the socket's bevel end (you know pins to hole that matches on beveled lined holes). All you have to do is to place processor down slow and easy and nudge it around a little bit till it plops to the socket holes completely flat then close and lock the lever.

Be sure you don't put too much thermal pastes, just a ball size of one Mini M&M's. Use Antec Silver or high quality heat conducting paste that can absorb heat well to keep processor cool all the time. Using cheap white thermal paste or stick-on thermal paste would cause processor to run a little more hotter. Heat Pipe or water cooler is the best cooling device to use. If you are using an ordinary cooler, Don't use Aluminuim finned cooler, use Copper core finned cooler cuz Copper absorb heat more quickly than Aluminuim. Trust me on that!!

My AMD64 system use Heatpipe cooler and it kept it down to 23c on a "Quiet" mode on ABIT AV8 board but currently, I have replacement AMD64 board which is a MSI Microstar MS-7093 mobo and it have a lousy "Cool n Quiet" BIOS setup and AMD64 processor is currently running 38c to 45c on normal operation. Oh well!!

Catty

The reason why I like big tower because more airflow and space. Also I will buy 3 video cards (SLI) GeForce GTX 260 for my new computer. That video card are big and most small and medium tower won't fit so I bought full tower Cosmos 1000. I am a hardcore gamer. :)

The reason why I like big tower because more airflow and space. Also I will buy 3 video cards (SLI) GeForce GTX 260 for my new computer. That video card are big and most small and medium tower won't fit so I bought full tower Cosmos 1000. I am a hardcore gamer. :)

Yup, GeForce 9800 GTX, that what I'm using is very big but GTX 260 beats 9800 GTX by miles.

It's good for play games at 1440 x 900 with near max setting, except for AA, however I bought new 22" monitor with 1650 x 1050 and won't able to max all setting out anymore, I'm going to get GTX 260 in later or wait until Nvidia update the video card in 2009.

Wow posters didn't even notice what person says in two posts that had different stores. **scratches my head**

His BUSTED already!

his first post says He built other friend's pc that his experince and Second post says he uninstalled cpu off from socket in his PC and reinstalled it the wrong place/ improper anyhow it had damaged. I don't want more saying into details.. Mmm..

just buy a normal Harddrive Seagate 1TB, Sata, just like as you'd put straight inside a PC case, except I buy an enclosure with a USB plug/cable... that's what i meant by 'external' LOL
I 'd Never buy the 'pre-made or -pre-packaged hardrives, those are for retards with too much money
Yeah, thats would be nice to have HDD 1TB, GOOD EUFF.. Otherwise I have been thinking about get HDD 500GB, then buy another HDD 500GB later. ;)

:rofl: 1) Why do you have to buy mobo every year?? 2) Thought that mobo is good for 3 to 5 years with memory and graphic card upgrades!??

I builds my own system too. I would be happy to take pix of my homebuilt system. Also I have 600mhz system that are caseless (no case needed) sitting on my workbench and I shucked it in between the bookcase on left side of my workbench and harddrive, cdrom, keyboard, mouse, ethernet cable and power supply and power/status switch snaked to mobo. :rofl:

Catty

A) Dude, Don't blame me> in 1998 around I was awkward and newbie learn how to built my own PC. My friend taught and show me his own built PC and he told me everything's pc instructions and about mainboard. Because I was thought he is knowledge about PC. Ha thats how i took his advice from Him had mentioned about buy motherboard every year because upgrade and improve. I was learned how to built PC and even grew my knowledge of PC quicker than him after I was gullible, & followed his ass for few months...

B) Yeah my other friend criticize him who was told me about that for long times ago before you said in post. Now see parts included motherboard in MY PC are still manufactured 2001, it running very well smooth. I aint going to replace the motherboard. However My videocard is out of update drivers no longer. So Video Card upgrade that is necessary! (I don't know if they are still make videocard AGP in market?).. I am very tempt to buy NVIDIA MainBoard. Radeon is very good. but I am huge crazy freaking fan of Nvidia video and AMD processor for my entiely life, period.

Remember that learning is NEVER stop. ;)

Dude, Now I got it.. Whoa, whoa! excuse me, I am very behind about dual video cards.. You will get three videocard and put them in Single PC? all I can saying "WOW, are you kidding?". You can't blame me that I aint in Strongly PC gamer. You tell me why you want more than one video card in PC? I just curious and love to learning something new! I want to give a try someday.. who knows.. ha! ;)

Wow posters didn't even notice what person says in two posts that had different stores. **scratches my head**

His BUSTED already!

his first post says He built other friend's pc that his experince and Second post says he uninstalled cpu off from socket in his PC and reinstalled it the wrong place/ improper anyhow it had damaged. I don't want more saying into details.. Mmm..

You seems don't got it, let me make clarity.

I have 2 different PC, 1 was old HP and threw away and other is recent new Dell PC.

I did damaged to CPU, it was happened in last year, not this year and I had learned my lesson but loss hasn't done because I already had iMac at this time, after I got tired of iMac then decided to sold out then make 2 decision, I want new gaming PC from Dell or build own PC, build an PC would have different of brand on hardware, when more than one specified hardware become defective then have call right company to replace so individual but when compare to branded PC, if hardware is defective then can call Dell for replacement without any issue, I decided goes with brand gaming PC for now and now, my issue about warranty is least concern, it was very concern at earlier.

I did helped my friend to built his PC and I don't insert CPU in but rather let him to handle with CPU. I just only put PSU, motherboard, RAM and hardware, that all what I think so and it was in last summer this year.

What you means busted? Please don't rude at me, I just tried make clarity, thanks.

A) Dude, Don't blame me> in 1998 around I was awkward and newbie learn how to built my own PC. My friend taught and show me his own built PC and he told me everything's pc instructions and about mainboard. Because I was thought he is knowledge about PC. Ha thats how i took his advice from Him had mentioned about buy motherboard every year because upgrade and improve. I was learned how to built PC and even grew my knowledge of PC quicker than him after I was gullible, & followed his ass for few months...

B) Yeah my other friend criticize him who was told me about that for long times ago before you said in post. Now see parts included motherboard in MY PC are still manufactured 2001, it running very well smooth. I aint going to replace the motherboard. However My videocard is out of update drivers no longer. So Video Card upgrade that is necessary! (I don't know if they are still make videocard AGP in market?).. I am very tempt to buy NVIDIA MainBoard. Radeon is very good. but I am huge crazy freaking fan of Nvidia video and AMD processor for my entiely life, period.

:rofl: I understand how you feel. :rofl:

You hit the right point that Upgrading graphic card only neccessary. I agree with you totally cuz Graphic card is a big role to make PC run faster, larger memory and faster Graphic processor make old PC run fast. Upgrading system memory is 2nd to par.

That's the secret of making system go fast.

AGP graphic card are still around. You can check at Ebay or go to computer store, You'll see some AGPs there. PCI-E are becoming a norm and now new PCI-E 2.0!!!

I have seen many Brand Name system like Dell, HP, Compaq, Levono ect often use Onboard graphic chipset that shares system memory which cause problem with some games and apps. Some system allow you to change graphic memory size through BIOS or Graphic chipset software. I prefer using graphic card over Onboard graphic chipset cuz it made everything runs smooth and fast without issue.

I want Nvidia too. ATI is as good as Nvida but have issue when using Linux running on Compiz (Beryl) "eyecandy" desktop. I prefer full "eyecandy" than 80%. Using ATI Radeon graphic card, I only can use 80% of Compiz's Eyecandy desktop, 20% can't work due to driver issue for ATI. Nvidia allow more like "rain" or "snow", puddle and more "eyecandy" which I am missing 20%. Right now I am seeing ATI improving on driver for newer ATI card and Ubuntu and many other Linuxes recommending ATI than Nvida because Nvidia isn't trying hard to build "propriety" driver for Linux. (Sheesh! Nvidia!!)

Some mobo allow up to 3 graphic cards, It either combine speed to one card or allow 3 or 6 monitors (hacker's system :lol:)

I also realized that PCI-E 1x (not 16x) short slot is being use for TV card, Network adapter and some hardware cards to plug in to in place of old PCI slot.

Catty

Back