Show off your healthy recipes!

I am the wrong person to give recipes. This past weekend and more, i bake sweet munches. LOL

back to that one,

I am lazy to cook, so all i did is use the rice wtih mix veggie frozen. then I added olive oil mixed onion in the pan after the frozen bag is done from mirowave then open it and put it in the heated up pan. Just add ginger ground, soy sauce and then eggs. that is it.

I am the wrong person to give recipes. This past weekend and more, i bake sweet munches. LOL

back to that one,

I am lazy to cook, so all i did is use the rice wtih mix veggie frozen. then I added olive oil mixed onion in the pan after the frozen bag is done from mirowave then open it and put it in the heated up pan. Just add ginger ground, soy sauce and then eggs. that is it.

still yummy, frozen veges tend to have more vitamins in because its held intact by freeze the loss of goods is alot slower so its better anyway ;)

Wirelessly posted

Fish taco sauce:

I cup of plain yogurt

1/2 cup of light mayo

1/3 cummin

1 lemon for it's juice
Cilantro

um 1/3 of what? cup , is that right?

a lot of herbs ?!

must say i like this thread folks, keep it going!... i will try share something too just right now my head is occupied too much with work...

I'm about to go to the grocery store, I'm getting the stuff to make this and going to make a batch for my lunches for this week. I think I'm going to divide the recipe by half though, that's sounds like too much for me lol.

Yeah I'm quoting myself. So......I tasted it, but I'm betting money it's going to be better after it's been in the fridge, but I did like my bites.

I think that guy didn't use tomato paste, but sauce, or maybe tomato puree, just going by the size of the cans in the pic. But anyway I ended up using a can of paste and a can of diced tomatoes, but it still didn't seem tomatoey enough even though I halved the recipe, so I ended up throwing in my left over pasta sauce that was in the fridge. I used ground turkey, and added bratwurst, red onion A LOT of mushrooms, green pepper, 3 big cloves of garlic, and used salt, black pepper, red pepper and curry for spice. It's hot as hell and I love it!! :D

Some of these recipes sound good. However, I am on dialysis, and have to watch potassium and phosphorous intake. I have to emphasize high protein in my meals.

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
Wirelessly posted

Fish taco sauce:

I cup of plain yogurt

1/2 cup of light mayo

1/3 cummin

1 lemon for it's juice
Cilantro

um 1/3 of what? cup , is that right?

a lot of herbs ?!

Cummin is a spice. You can use ground cummin too. They look like tiny seeds.

Wirelessly posted

Cummin is a spice. You can use ground cummin too. They look like tiny seeds.

I think he's also wanting to know a 1/3 of what, as in measurement, like 1/3 cup of cummin would crazy right?, 1/3 tsp?? tbsp?? liter lol

I think he's also wanting to know a 1/3 of what, as in measurement, like 1/3 cup of cummin would crazy right?, 1/3 tsp?? tbsp?? liter lol

that's right ambrosia, its weird 1/3 of What?! . thanks for clarifying !:cheers:

A bit OT but this seems to be such an active thread.

How do you feel about makings something for the first time and taking it to share with a group? My mother always wanted to make something for family before taking it to share with a group. I have always had enough confidence in using one from those sharing hostess duties as part of a church group I am in. Some, of course, turn out better than others but I can't remember anyone having complete flops.

When I was on the low-carb diet, I made this a lot as it was very easy to make and quick to cook.

A lot of people say that we can't have pizza when we're on the low-carb diet. Well, you can! You just have to find the right ingredients to make it possible.

Here are a couple things to mention (that's often misunderstood) so we know what we're dealing with. When people think pizza sauce for pizza, they think spaghetti sauce. That's not entirely true. There is what's actually called "pizza sauce" in stores. Those are lower in carbs than spaghetti sauce. Another thing is the bread. Even thin crust is still high in carbs, but there's also flat bread that you can buy in stores. You just have to read the nutrition information to find out which is lowest. The best kind I recommend is Flat Out (especially the italian seasoning kind).

Now, on to the making of the pizza.

You will need butter, pizza sauce (or alfredo), shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced pepperoni (or mini pepperoni), italian seasoning, garlic seasoning, and Flat Out bread.

First, put a little scoop of butter into a bowl and heat it in a microwave until it's all melted.

Sprinkle some garlic powder into the melted butter and stir to taste. ("to taste" means to when it tastes right for you)

Put the bread on the cooking sheet.

Using a brush, spread the melted garlic butter on the top of the bread.

Using a spoon, spread pizza sauce (or alfredo) on the top of the bread (leaving barely a quarter inch space on the edges).

Spread the shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce (or alfredo).

If you want pepperoni, put that on top of the cheese.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put the pizza in. It should be done within 5 minutes. Cooking time actually varies on the oven and how you prepared your pizza. That's why I recommend you check every minute after the first 3 minutes.

Note: Be careful not to put too much sauce and too much cheese as it can ooze off the pizza when it's cooked.

When done, use a pizza cutter to cut it in square slices.

ENJOY!!!

You could make this with as low as under 10 points for the whole pizza.

How does everyone incorporate exercise into their diet regimen? I use a book I got online for cheap by trainer Kim Lyons’ “Your Body, Your Life.” It shows a number of good exercises – both cardio and weight lifting routines, to help tone and get into shape. Obviously if you’re not exercising, it doesn’t matter how good your diet is, you won’t get the maximum results that diet and exercise get provide. I find for myself, it’s hard to find the time during the week for my workout so I play catch up on the weekend. The fact that I only have a half hour for lunch and work out of state doesn’t help….

At lunch, during the week, I do one day of stretch/cardio and one day of stretch/weights for five days. I try to eat 45 min before hand(eating only takes a few minutes).

On the weekend, I usually do some physical things like walk to library or bike into the city. I take advantage of all the bike trails. I walk along the waterfront. I look for expos and wine shows to walk around. Active lifestyle is the key.

I only do fun things. For me, exercise is part of a lifestyle and not something I need to win. This is an important distinction because it's not something that ends.

That is a really nice kitchen. I like the round concept.

I have quite a large kitchen myself. It is long and rectangular. It serves its purpose. Still, the round idea is cool.

That is a really nice kitchen. I like the round concept.

I have quite a large kitchen myself. It is long and rectangular. It serves its purpose. Still, the round idea is cool.

Agreed!! I d like that because it seems to me its easier to clean up just walk around and around. :) seriously, I really like the designed kitchen .

Wirelessly posted

Does anyone have a good smoothie recipe for a green drink? I used Spinach, strawberries , celery and carrots but it taste nasty lol any suggestions?

Wirelessly posted

Does anyone have a good smoothie recipe for a green drink? I used Spinach, strawberries , celery and carrots but it taste nasty lol any suggestions?

About 6 ounces Almond milk, a big blob, somewhere between half a cup and one cup non fat Greek yogurt, a small handful of frozen berries, raspberry, blue and black berries, 1-2 handfuls kale, I freeze that too just throw the whole bag in the freezer, couple ice cubes. I use protein mix, chocolate, which sweetens it up a bit, not sure how it would taste with out it. but do occasionally make a breakfast smoothy with no protein shake mix. But it's not green, you can make it green though by adding the kale would probably be good.

Same thing, almond milk, greel yogurt, I use plain but you can use flavored, couple ice cubes, couple tbsp almond butter (totally optional) a whole banana, maybe some of those berries, about 1/2 cup granola cereal

Wirelessly posted

ambrosia said:
Wirelessly posted

About 6 ounces Almond milk, a big blob, somewhere between half a cup and one cup non fat Greek yogurt, a small handful of frozen berries, raspberry, blue and black berries, 1-2 handfuls kale, I freeze that too just throw the whole bag in the freezer, couple ice cubes. I use protein mix, chocolate, which sweetens it up a bit, not sure how it would taste with out it. but do occasionally make a breakfast smoothy with no protein shake mix. But it's not green, you can make it green though by adding the kale would probably be good.

Same thing, almond milk, greel yogurt, I use plain but you can use flavored, couple ice cubes, couple tbsp almond butter (totally optional) a whole banana, maybe some of those berries, about 1/2 cup granola cereal

I did it! Got my greens tasting good :) I used spinach , blue berry yogurt , red grapes and two pieces of frozen peaches. Thumb up!

Thank Ambrosia for your helpful suggestions. I will make it with almond milk it sounds good :)

No Guilt Pizza

Crust
2 1/2 Cups Whole-Wheat Flour
1 Cup Wheat Bran
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
3 Tsp. Salt
1 1/4 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil

Pizza Sauce
1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
1 Clove Of Garlic
1/2 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tsp Sugar
Salt And Pepper To Taste
(Note you can also use a pre-cooked variety, just check for sodium content.)

Alternatives to pizza sauce would be salsa, fat free cream cheese (for chicken pizza), or sugar free barbeque sauce (if cooking on the BBQ).

Toppings
Your choice between:
Sliced Green, Red, Or Yellow Peppers
Sliced Mushrooms
Sliced Onions
Pineapple
Spinach
Low Sodium Deli Meat Ham, Chicken, Or Turkey
Sliced Grilled Chicken Breast
Shrimp
Light Parmesan Cheese
Light Mozzarella Cheese
Lower Fat Feta Cheese

Directions
First begin mixing all of the dry ingredients for the crust in a large bowl. Next, add the water and oil, mixing until well blended. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out on a counter top lightly dusted with flour until desired thickness and size has been reached. Next, move the flat pizza crust over to a sprayed pizza pan.
After that's finished, smear on the pizza sauce of your choosing and add the meat and vegetable toppings. Finish with a light sprinkling of your preferred cheese and place in the oven to bake at 450 degrees F for 15-20 minutes until crust looks golden and cheese is melted.

Back