Shout out to all Deaf cyclist

EPICBYTES

Reaction score
I'm new member of this forum
i am hardcore cyclist, who rides my road bike everyday, also in a cycling club, just wanted to meet and chat with more deaf cyclist!!

I love cycling!

My username is Wheeliedog, and I love to cycle. I don't know if I can be categorized as deaf, because I use bilateral cochlear implants. To ride, I had to find a helmet that would allow me to wear a processor when I ride so that I can hear even a little (trucks, car horns, etc). My hearing, with one CI, is not good enough to talk with anyone, but I would rather ride completely deaf than not ride in order to hear (and my hearing will never be all that great, at its very best). I would love to correspond with other cyclists.

John

My username is Wheeliedog, and I love to cycle. I don't know if I can be categorized as deaf, because I use bilateral cochlear implants. To ride, I had to find a helmet that would allow me to wear a processor when I ride so that I can hear even a little (trucks, car horns, etc). My hearing, with one CI, is not good enough to talk with anyone, but I would rather ride completely deaf than not ride in order to hear (and my hearing will never be all that great, at its very best). I would love to correspond with other cyclists.

John

Welcome. Anyone with a CI is classified as "deaf", as you cannot hear without them.

Post your bike pics in the bicyclist thread.

Back