Should student-athlete get paid?

I'm curious here. You know that if you pay for dorm housing, that usually includes meal at the dorm. Many coaches don't want their players to eat dorm food. Do they get stipends for food that they should be eating? I didn't get a scholarship so I'm curious.

thats bit off if that the case..

Remember, the football season lasts 3- 4 months. They still have lives and girlfriends and family with B-Days. Part of the philosophy of to allowing them to work is to protect them from boosters and organized crime. It is not unusual for people on academic scholarships to receive a small living stipend as well.
Regarding education. How many college athletes from Division 1 schools take a full number of classes How many graduate. NCAA rules no stipend for athletes. what happens when an athlete iloses their spot on the team do they lose their scholarship. Lets say Duke fee is $55K per year. 10 players $5500,000/ year. Revenue from Basketball 27 million. No a bad ROI. Duke has the highest earning basketball program in the country so may not be fair My son went to Duke and was on their fencing team NcAA no scholarships for fencers yet they had to follow all the NCAA rules. He did have a great college experience graduating as an engineer I would bet most basketball, football players do that. Division 1 or 2 football and basketball program are the minor league for professional teams.

Back