should parents lose custody of fat kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you feel morally superior now that you've lectured us RR? :lol:

***church lady dance in progress***

:giggle:ahh, no SallyLou....guess I got kind of carried away on the subject. And I do note that 2 of my boys gained a lot of weight after I adopted them....so I had to come up with a solution....put them into Karate and stopped the junk foods from MD's & BK....and planned better meals. They burned that weight off...and have kept it off. As long as they are healthy with no medical problems, I'm sure they will remain just as "active" and into sports into their adulthood.

Am planning their birthday parties next weekend, and I asked them "do you want a Cake this year"?...both said NO...no sweets at all.

:giggle:ahh, no SallyLou....guess I got kind of carried away on the subject. And I do note that 2 of my boys gained a lot of weight after I adopted them....so I had to come up with a solution....put them into Karate and stopped the junk foods from MD's & BK....and planned better meals. They burned that weight off...and have kept it off. As long as they are healthy with no medical problems, I'm sure they will remain just as "active" and into sports into their adulthood.

Am planning their birthday parties next weekend, and I asked them "do you want a Cake this year"?...both said NO...no sweets at all.

:lol: I grew up having carrot cake as birthday cake.

I had a friend who struggled with morbid obesity his whole life. He was depressed by it and almost killed himself because of it. He got movie parts because of it, and was rejected by women because of it. He had Gastro-intestinal bypass surgery several years ago and is still unable to cope adequately with all of the changes, emotionally, and physically he has been going through.

He was "Billy Bob" in the Mtv movie "Varsity Blues".

I just remember he always loved his mom and it would have crushed him if he was taken away from her.

Ron Lester Official Website

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Say it isn't so! Everyone deserves a birthday cake! Preferrably homemade. Glad my kids still let me do that
Have fun at your party anyway.

Do you feel morally superior now that you've lectured us RR? :lol:

***church lady dance in progress***

I had forgotten all about the Dana Carvey's Church Lady! I know you didn't have that mind but that certainly made me thing of that character.

Yes, it would....I feel everybody would benefit from some source of proper nutrition....but you can educate people (parents) all you want, but it's up to them...and in so many cases, the parents don't give a damn one way or the other...as long as the kids don't bother them to cook and as long as there is food (no matter if it's junk food) in the house.....Even if there is junk food in the fridge...even HRS won't do anything....Some kids live off hot dogs and bologna (which is cheap)....

And in a lot of cases, it's the kids who do the cooking...for the parents...Or calling out for pizza several times a week....It's called "being lazy"....

It's summer...and my boys are home today (no plans)....are they sitting around eating junk food and on the Internet?...NO...one is outside washing the car inside and out.....and one is weeding the flower garden and will cut down bushes along the river bank....their rooms have been cleaned up and dusted....I find chores to keep them off their azzes...keeping them active....and out of the kitchen....If they want to go to the store....they have a skateboard and a bike, even 2 feet for transportation....it's only about a half-mile......

Keeping ur child active, into sports, swimming during the summer, whatever it is to have them outside to work up a good sweat, working those calories off!...Same as for adults....

It is great that you are able to be home 24/7 with your kids...most parents do not have that option.

Yea, I did have that in mind. The superior dance is comedic gold. :laugh2:

My wife is a fantastic cook and I have been gaining weight ever since we married.

Should I be legally taken away?

My wife is a fantastic cook and I have been gaining weight ever since we married.

yes and I should be legally there to test her food.

:laugh2: :laugh2: Shackled, jaws wired, and a diet of bread & water for 30 days.....

No, Berry, you should invite me to dinner.

Wirelessly posted

Gruel? Noooo try hospital food! Yuck! Will be going through a week's worth very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back