Should Kids On Airplanes Be Sedated?

He just said what most everyone thinks but doesn't dare admit to doing so. :P

I don't know about that. What that person said was pretty horrific if you really think about it.

As Kristina pointed out above, kids are overmedicated these days. A child is supposed to be footloose and fancy free. That's what being a kid is all about. Parents just need to be responsible, and bring a variety of things to keep the child entertained on the flight. I'm always suspicious of People who have an adverse reaction to children and animals.

It's sad when it becomes easier/cheaper to drug a child instead of dealing with their bad behavior. My former SIL had her child on meds for bi-polar, when she was just really just tired of being a parent.

Can't remember exactly which news program covered this but there was an episode on foster kids and how most of them are heavily over-medicated - it was scary to see little kids with huge bags full of prescription pills. Foster kids are upset, lonely and angry and instead of getting what they really need which is love, security and stability, they get medicated with psych drugs. Very very sad and appalling.

I don't think kids should be medicated for the convenience of the adults.

It is so sad when people drug these to little kids...however, I can see giving them something for the ear pain and pressure if they have sinus problems or ear pain when flying.
I remember the last time I flew back for Christmas I was in tears by the time we landed..my ears hurt so bad!

Back