Should I get iPhone?

It has everything...yes have AIM, Email (your own acct like Yahoo or Gmail or whatever) and it has text...but not require have contract to sign for 2 years for iPhone...he said only pay 40 dollars a month for the service.

$40.00 a month for service? But I read somewhere here in AD that it is increase to $50.00 cuz of new iphone with more faster speed (3g).

It has everything...yes have AIM, Email (your own acct like Yahoo or Gmail or whatever) and it has text...but not require have contract to sign for 2 years for iPhone...he said only pay 40 dollars a month for the service.

The TAP plan for iPhone 3G $50.00 per month* and includes:

Unlimited SMS messages
Unlimited data usage (email and web)
$.40 per minute pay-per-use voice
Visual Voicemail

The TAP plan for original iPhone is $40.00 per month* and includes:

Unlimited SMS messages
Visual Voicemail

Text Accessibility Plan for iPhone | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

Well...I still have one more year left for sidekick lx. Perhaps I could use both (Sidekick LX and iPhone)! :giggle: unlike JClarke was planning to get MVP and Vpad...gimme me break! :o

Full of Jealously! :rofl:

ha, only I can give con that iPhone have difficult to typing while driving and no copy/paste feature.

it is impossible to type a SMS while driving, yeah. I had hard time typing in my LG u990 touchscreen >.<

I played with demo model iPhone today and it is very nice. I have big fingers and made a lots of mistype letters but keep typing cuz iPhone will fix and replace to correct words when you hit space bar to type next word no need to slow down and backspace and fix errors let iPhone do it for you.

I know it will take time to get used to keyboard but I know it a very good keyboard and very good word corrections system so I would image about 1-2 week then you should be able to type pretty fast with iPhone keyboard.

I have a ATT 8525 for over a year now and at first I had a flumy time with the slide out keyboard but now I type so fast that I reply to my friend txt in seconds when I get them hehehehe. So it just take time to get use to it.

I tried web browser and it very nice. I have Skyfire browser on my 8525 which is sort of like iPhone browser but it nicer than Skyfire. However website is sending iPhone to WAP sites which I don't want so have to change user agent to fool website that it is a PC browser and not send it to WAP site. I don't know if iPhone browser can be change to detect as a PC browser.

The GPS was slow loading but pinpoint my location (inside Mall) very good and I asked employee about slow loading he said it cause we are insisde metal building and they did take iPhone outside and test and it load faster so I don't know how well GPS is but it a plain Google map GPS .. No navigate map etc so I didn't play much with GPS.

Youtube was nice and not too bad at all.

I play mostly on keyboard cuz I wanted to see if I can get used to it but it seem 1-2 week I probably can type fast on it so I am thinking about getting iPhone in later maybe next month when they get all bugs worked out and I will keep 8525 but switch sim card from iPhone to 8525 if I need tether etc.

I think 3G iPhone is a good smartphone but I only played with demo so far for half an hour.

The TAP plan for iPhone 3G $50.00 per month* and includes:

Unlimited SMS messages
Visual Voicemail

The TAP plan for original iPhone is $40.00 per month* and includes:

Unlimited SMS messages
Visual Voicemail

Text Accessibility Plan for iPhone | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

Also if you want a PushMail then you will need to find exchange server (free web2mail.com etc.) or get MobileME for 99 dollar a year Apple - MobileMe

It should be able to accept any POP3 emails but it will need to be on a timer to check emails which will drain battery fast so perferr using push email instead to save battery life.

Also if you want a PushMail then you will need to find exchange server (free web2mail.com etc.) or get MobileME for 99 dollar a year Apple - MobileMe

It should be able to accept any POP3 emails but it will need to be on a timer to check emails which will drain battery fast so perferr using push email instead to save battery life.

Apple - iPhone - Features - Mail

actually you can get *push* mail without MobileME

Yahoo: Yahoo! Mail on the iPhone―get your Mail on the iPhone.
( for all mobile devices: Yahoo! Mail on your mobile. Get your Yahoo! Mail anywhere. )

see first link to other supported mail services.

yes that what I was saying an exchange server (free emailers etc) -OR- MobileMe.

But MobileMe probably a lot easier for folks whom are not tech savvy people.
when you say that way, you sounded like it is limited to MS Exchange server OR MobileMe to get push feature.

my post previous above attempt to say it is not limited to two. Yahoo is another one that provide Push in addition to MS Exchange or MobileMe. :roll:

I played with demo model iPhone today and it is very nice. I have big fingers and made a lots of mistype letters but keep typing cuz iPhone will fix and replace to correct words when you hit space bar to type next word no need to slow down and backspace and fix errors let iPhone do it for you.

I know it will take time to get used to keyboard but I know it a very good keyboard and very good word corrections system so I would image about 1-2 week then you should be able to type pretty fast with iPhone keyboard.

I have a ATT 8525 for over a year now and at first I had a flumy time with the slide out keyboard but now I type so fast that I reply to my friend txt in seconds when I get them hehehehe. So it just take time to get use to it.

I tried web browser and it very nice. I have Skyfire browser on my 8525 which is sort of like iPhone browser but it nicer than Skyfire. However website is sending iPhone to WAP sites which I don't want so have to change user agent to fool website that it is a PC browser and not send it to WAP site. I don't know if iPhone browser can be change to detect as a PC browser.

The GPS was slow loading but pinpoint my location (inside Mall) very good and I asked employee about slow loading he said it cause we are insisde metal building and they did take iPhone outside and test and it load faster so I don't know how well GPS is but it a plain Google map GPS .. No navigate map etc so I didn't play much with GPS.

Youtube was nice and not too bad at all.

I play mostly on keyboard cuz I wanted to see if I can get used to it but it seem 1-2 week I probably can type fast on it so I am thinking about getting iPhone in later maybe next month when they get all bugs worked out and I will keep 8525 but switch sim card from iPhone to 8525 if I need tether etc.

I think 3G iPhone is a good smartphone but I only played with demo so far for half an hour.

Slow cause inside the built? I thought AGPS can use wifi which faster than network carrier and satellite . I dont get it.

it is really worth buying the iphone now because of it's 3G technology, I can listen to the phone dsirectly on to my hearing aids with t-coil mode! It sound perfect and not a lot of static at all!!!! I LOVE IT AND I AM HAPPY!!!!It is better than the first model!

when you say that way, you sounded like it is limited to MS Exchange server OR MobileMe to get push feature.

my post previous above attempt to say it is not limited to two. Yahoo is another one that provide Push in addition to MS Exchange or MobileMe. :roll:

Does Gmail has Push feature? Some people said it will drain the battery.

I would not push you to get iphone.

You know how much cost to pay AT&T TAP.

I have iphone since March.
Iphone does not support Adobe Flash, MS Office, Acrobat Reader.
I like iphone's internet and email.

My wife has AT&T Tilt. They have MS Office and Acrobat Reader.

Back