Should I choose iPhone over other phones?

I had the same debate: iPhone vs. BB Curve vs. BB Bold. Bold won because of larger keyboard over Curve, and I didn't care for the touchscreen type of keyboard on the iPhone. In addition, the Curve is not 3G enabled, which is astounding considering that 3G is now the de-facto standard (except of course with T-mobile).

Verizon's BB Storm has not received a lot of positive reviews. Again, it's a touchscreen, which I don't care for anyway. I know Verizon claims they will soon release a so-called "Storm 2" version soon.

I've been a BB user for more than 4 years now and really appreciate the email reliability of the BIS. Sprint, who's 8703e phone I've been using for over 2 years, has done a poor job keeping its BB lineup current. That's why I'm leaving them. I will miss their competitive pricing :(

When I went to the AT&T retail store a few days ago, I was astounded to find that they wanted $400 for the Bold!!! :shock: The $100 rebate that would have otherwise reduced the price to $300 was not available because it required the addition of a voice plan notwithstanding the fact that I'm DEAF! At any rate, Harris Communications (the Deaf supplies website), offered the Bold for $180, so I snapped up 2 for myself and wife. My hearie daughter, however, will get an iPhone, to her delight. I'm looking forward to receiving the Bold phones this week.

To each their own!

there is no att bold in harris communications website mmm?

I have a BB Bold AND a 2nd Generation iPod which is better to my statistication. :) by the way, my Blackberry Bold is 3G down here. :)

there is no att bold in harris communications website mmm?

It's confusing, I agree, but Harris Communications uses a reseller website to make wireless phone offers to its customers. You can see BBY Bold is the 4th phone down on the list. To avoid subscribing to a voice plan, you have to click on "individual plans" on left side to select the BBY data plan only. This adds an extra $100 to the advertised price. I was surprised to see the price increase by $70 in the last few days compared to what I paid (from $180 to $250 now with BBY plan). Unfortuantely, the option to buy the BBY at $150 with voice and data, then cancel voice plan after 1 month won't work because the reseller terms and conditions require that the subscribed plan never be reduced for 1st 181 days or else they will charge extra $300 to your credit card.

Last edited:
Now the Bold is $199 on the ATT website. My wifey is a hearie so no problem with the voice/data plans options. I am sure if someone called an ATT rep and told them they are deaf, there can be a deal worked out. Iphoney just came out with new cellphones, lets see how it goes. ( Apple always been late releasing things worth the price and hassles )

Back