Should I choose iPhone over other phones?

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it seem I am a 5 months T-mobile customer with 2 years contacts. Don't get me wrong, I love my sidekick 2008 but it had runs its course and it had its limits. I am always on the go with multi IMs and surf the internet to open emails for business use, sadly I could not open some links like videos files or watch youtube, customize, download files. So I decide to turn it down and terminate the contact. So I took a long research and have found that iPhone is the best phone used by popular people today and it had great reviews comparing superior with blackberrys on the market. I hope someone out here can prove me wrong unless there's another one better than iPhone?

Well it seem I am a 5 months T-mobile customer with 2 years contacts. Don't get me wrong, I love my sidekick 2008 but it had runs its course and it had its limits. I am always on the go with multi IMs and surf the internet to open emails for business use, sadly I could not open some links like videos files or watch youtube, customize, download files. So I decide to turn it down and terminate the contact. So I took a long research and have found that iPhone is the best phone used by popular people today and it had great reviews comparing superior with blackberrys on the market. I hope someone out here can prove me wrong unless there's another one better than iPhone?

iPhone is not great for text or IM. BB is better for IM and text due qwerty. That's why some of people own mobile and iPod touch like Alex, poweron, etc. I keep my BB and plan to get iPod touch this fall.

I really like 3G iphone but lack of flip keyboard and costly plan. I consider to buy newer Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 which includes flip keyboard. Look like iphone. larger size than my AT&T Tilt. I will wait to listen that it will be coming mid-June. It can be tethering into my laptop. I will stop at any Sprint store to see it next month then will order it by Sprintrelay.com It is $30/mo including PAM.
Live photos of the Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 (Phone Arena News)

well iphone 3.0 firmware coming in end of june and it will change bigger. so if you have fat thumb on text or im so you can landscape qwerty and copy/paste, mms , manys coming on 3.0 firmware. check out youtube and it has preview. i love iphone 3g 8gb for 1 year and no complain.

well iphone 3.0 firmware coming in end of june and it will change bigger. so if you have fat thumb on text or im so you can landscape qwerty and copy/paste, mms , manys coming on 3.0 firmware. check out youtube and it has preview. i love iphone 3g 8gb for 1 year and no complain.

Do you pay for TAP plan at $50/mo? I heard that ATT consider to cut plan but they dont decide when. How fast you type to use AIM?

Do you pay for TAP plan at $50/mo? I heard that ATT consider to cut plan but they dont decide when. How fast you type to use AIM?

well i type pretty good enough because i turn auto-correction word off because it is annoyed when i type then i delete one or two letters back, then i type correct word.. so that why i prefer turn off lol

i paid it btw the tap plan cost 50 dollar per monthly, it is correct but i heard about cut the cost down little bit. so i don't know when it is exactly release.

Last edited:
I really like 3G iphone but lack of flip keyboard and costly plan. I consider to buy newer Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 which includes flip keyboard. Look like iphone. larger size than my AT&T Tilt. I will wait to listen that it will be coming mid-June. It can be tethering into my laptop. I will stop at any Sprint store to see it next month then will order it by Sprintrelay.com It is $30/mo including PAM.
Live photos of the Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 (Phone Arena News)

AT&T will release two new HTC PDA this summer or fall. They are Fortress and Warhawk. I was sooo drool these HTC touch pro 2 and diamond 2. I would prefer HTC Fortress over Warhawk because I need wifi. I heard that Apple will release other new 3G iPhone end of June as well as AT&T 3G network will have upgrade from 3.6 to 7.2 mbps. That is pretty faster than current AT&T 3G network. Next year, I will upgrade HTC Touch Pro 2.

You can download Walkinghotspot software on the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it will able connect to your MVP. Do you think about that ?

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/...fortress-are-atandts-touch-diamond2-and-pro2/

AT&T will release two new HTC PDA this summer or fall. They are Fortress and Warhawk. I was sooo drool these HTC touch pro 2 and diamond 2. I would prefer HTC Fortress over Warhawk because I need wifi. I heard that Apple will release other new 3G iPhone end of June as well as AT&T 3G network will have upgrade from 3.6 to 7.2 mbps. That is pretty faster than current AT&T 3G network. Next year, I will upgrade HTC Touch Pro 2.

You can download Walkinghotspot software on the HTC Touch Pro 2 and it will able connect to your MVP. Do you think about that ?

HTC's Warhawk and Fortress are AT&T's Touch Diamond2 and Pro2

I know about ATT Fortress . I have my AT&T Tilt which includes WiFi. I like HTC Fortress but extra PAM (tethering) Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 includes free by SprintRelay only. I never heard about Walkinghotspot software. it includes both 3G network and Wife network? extra monthly plan? Do I mean that new iPhone 3.0 will be coming end of June?

I know about ATT Fortress . I have my AT&T Tilt which includes WiFi. I like HTC Fortress but extra PAM (tethering) Sprint HTC Touch Pro2 includes free by SprintRelay only. I never heard about Walkinghotspot software. it includes both 3G network and Wife network? extra monthly plan? Do I mean that new iPhone 3.0 will be coming end of June?

Walkinghotspot have both 3G and Wifi network. You pay $ 25.00 ONE time for that. WalkingHotSpot - A revolutionary new internet access solution that will turn your mobile phone into your own anytime, anywhere "Walking" Wi-Fi hotspot Check this out. it look like smallest router on any PDA. Are you shock this ? lol

Yes, new next gen iPhones will coming on July 17. They will have 16GB and 32GB from 8GB and 16GB. The apple logo has glowed on new iPhone. That is nice.

Walkinghotspot have both 3G and Wifi network. You pay $ 25.00 ONE time for that. WalkingHotSpot - A revolutionary new internet access solution that will turn your mobile phone into your own anytime, anywhere "Walking" Wi-Fi hotspot Check this out. it look like smallest router on any PDA. Are you shock this ? lol

Yes, new next gen iPhones will coming on July 17. They will have 16GB and 32GB from 8GB and 16GB. The apple logo has glowed on new iPhone. That is nice.

I will try free trial software into my laptop to use my AT&T tilt. Do you have it into your mobile?
WalkingHotSpot trial available for download

But MVP s usb port is unavailable yet. I can use P3 on laptop or netbook.

Someone said: Works fine on my N95 and iPod Touch (firmware 1.1.4)
This means I can finally use my iPod Touch much like an iPhone, with all web features working at 3G speeds (Mail, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.).

I wonder that. saving plan at $50.

Someone said: Works fine on my N95 and iPod Touch (firmware 1.1.4)
This means I can finally use my iPod Touch much like an iPhone, with all web features working at 3G speeds (Mail, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.).

I wonder that. saving plan at $50.

all web features working at 3G speeds (Mail, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.) is unlimited data plan by 50 dollar per monthly with tax (of course). however apps is paid/free but i usually get free apps

all web features working at 3G speeds (Mail, Google Maps, YouTube, etc.) is unlimited data plan by 50 dollar per monthly with tax (of course). however apps is paid/free but i usually get free apps

But Walkinghotspot software is working on iPod Touch in using 3g network.

HTC's Warhawk and Fortress are AT&T's Touch Diamond2 and Pro2

AT&T 3G network will have upgrade from 3.6 to 7.2 mbps. It could signal new iPhone video chat. AT&T's faster 3G network could signal new iPhone video chat( - Telecommunication )

But I consider about smartphone, iPhone and 3G USB modem either which have HSPA 7.2 network to connect to my laptop or netbook that could signal P3, Viable Vision, ooVoo, camfrog chats. I will wait to hear that it will be ready to launch.

New iPhone 3.0 includes front-facing camera for video chat?
http://stuff.tv/News/New-iPhone-to-pack-front-facing-camera/12201/

Check out the ATT Bold . It is a really nice cellphone ...

I had the same debate: iPhone vs. BB Curve vs. BB Bold. Bold won because of larger keyboard over Curve, and I didn't care for the touchscreen type of keyboard on the iPhone. In addition, the Curve is not 3G enabled, which is astounding considering that 3G is now the de-facto standard (except of course with T-mobile).

Verizon's BB Storm has not received a lot of positive reviews. Again, it's a touchscreen, which I don't care for anyway. I know Verizon claims they will soon release a so-called "Storm 2" version soon.

I've been a BB user for more than 4 years now and really appreciate the email reliability of the BIS. Sprint, who's 8703e phone I've been using for over 2 years, has done a poor job keeping its BB lineup current. That's why I'm leaving them. I will miss their competitive pricing :(

When I went to the AT&T retail store a few days ago, I was astounded to find that they wanted $400 for the Bold!!! :shock: The $100 rebate that would have otherwise reduced the price to $300 was not available because it required the addition of a voice plan notwithstanding the fact that I'm DEAF! At any rate, Harris Communications (the Deaf supplies website), offered the Bold for $180, so I snapped up 2 for myself and wife. My hearie daughter, however, will get an iPhone, to her delight. I'm looking forward to receiving the Bold phones this week.

To each their own!

Back