Shopping for Mother of Bride dress

Yeah, I live in my sneaks & wear socks too. I had to buy pantyhose for my daughter's wedding. Hoping my other daughter elopes. :giggle: Just kidding.

I bought the dress in post 11. It fits great. I will have to shorten the straps a bit since I am only 5 feet tall. It will only need to be shortened about an inch. My husband really likes it. It is beautiful! It is one that I could wear for high church, fancy parties and smile when I see it in the closet. I tried to get a picture but it shows up grey in my camera. boo.
This weekend I am going shoe shopping. I wish you could all come with me. We could shop, have lunch and a mani-pedi!

I bought the dress in post 11. It fits great. I will have to shorten the straps a bit since I am only 5 feet tall. It will only need to be shortened about an inch. My husband really likes it. It is beautiful! It is one that I could wear for high church, fancy parties and smile when I see it in the closet. I tried to get a picture but it shows up grey in my camera. boo.
This weekend I am going shoe shopping. I wish you could all come with me. We could shop, have lunch and a mani-pedi!

I would go! I don't let strangers touch my hands or feet, but I could play Angry Birds while waiting for the rest of you.

I do eat lunch. :P

awesome dress! that is nice beautiful on clean up dress :lol:

Aaw, you can come too. A fellow can have an opionion on shoes! We will have fun!

What would anyone think of silver sandals or peep toe?
What color would go best (not white!) with the sage colored dress?

Aaw, you can come too. A fellow can have an opionion on shoes! We will have fun!

The silver sounds good to me. Or a different shade of green than the dress — different enough to not be confused with a poor job of trying to match.

I wish meet to you :lol: I friends bet your friend:lol:
professional white on dress :P fanned your ldnanna :)

@Jane

Would you think strappy sandals or peep toe heel?

I am taking comfy shoes too! I want to dance (two step) with my husband later. I dont hear the music but can feel the beat. He is a good leader too.

Silver sounds good!

Is the dress more like a sage or more like mint? In the original picture it looked like a pale mint green.

Whatever matches the color of the beading would be nice.

Anyway, congrats on the dress! That was my favorite from the minute you posted it.

@Jane

Would you think strappy sandals or peep toe heel?

I am taking comfy shoes too! I want to dance (two step) with my husband later. I dont hear the music but can feel the beat. He is a good leader too.

Either! See which you find that seem to look the best with the dress. Just because they are a sandal or peep toe doesn't mean that they have to be a high heel and don't compromise on fit for looks. If they don't feel good right away keep looking. (By doing that I at one time bought some shoes while on vacation and wore them for the next several days sight seeing.) Also, some have said that it is a good idea to shop for shoes late in the day especially if you have any history of swelling.

My favorite is number 1, both for looks and for dance-ability.

Peep-toes are often annoying because your foot can slide forward and the edges of the peep-toe part rub against or cut into your toes. So I prefer a closed toe for that reason.

Honestly, I'm not a fan. Those straps will cut you off right at the ankle. Most women look better if the leg-line is elongated, not shortened, so ideally, you wouldn't want straps right across the top of the foot.

Plus, again, the cutting into your foot - for me, my ankles tend to swell at the end of the day, and something like those straps wouldn't help it any.

All those shoes have high heels. Can you stand up and be happy for hours?

(Not a weird thought. My family found out at age 13 that I actually can't stand up at all in high heels.)

Back