Shirt designed to hold CI Processors

I do and am very active thank you. I can understand the side that is happy as they are as long as they don't JUDGE those that aren't. You get mad if people judge you on you belief
All I was SUGGESTINGwas to open you mind a little to the other side. My deaf community is open to anyone regardless of if they are happy deaf or wanting to open their world and be apart of both. I am GLAD you are happy in your bubble as I am happy in the world

:lol: We need a more expansive laughing smiley here... :wave:

And on the subject, I don't limit myself and have friends on both sides of the coin.

But I don't hesitate to tell each side to let the other feel as they like.

I do and am very active thank you. I can understand the side that is happy as they are as long as they don't JUDGE those that aren't. You get mad if people judge you on you belief
All I was SUGGESTINGwas to open you mind a little to the other side. My deaf community is open to anyone regardless of if they are happy deaf or wanting to open their world and be apart of both. I am GLAD you are happy in your bubble as I am happy in the world

WAIT...........our "bubble?!?!" Oh LORD....FYI, most young dhh folks who sign ALSO have a hefty dose of speech training for PARTIAL access to the hearing world.......Are you the type of person who is absolutly fasinated by microsocities like the Amish, Gullah,Cajun,and others but yet is all "they should learn English and "assimulate?"
There's a HUGE HUGE difference in commenting that dhh KIDS (a completely different population from late deafned/old person dhh) have gotten along very well without hearing 24/7,or when swimming etc for decades.....Their friends can be taught some basic sign or the dhh kid can speechread!

WAIT...........our "bubble?!?!" Oh LORD....FYI, most young dhh folks who sign ALSO have a hefty dose of speech training for PARTIAL access to the hearing world.......Are you the type of person who is absolutly fasinated by microsocities like the Amish, Gullah,Cajun,and others but yet is all "they should learn English and "assimulate?"
There's a HUGE HUGE difference in commenting that dhh KIDS (a completely different population from late deafned/old person dhh) have gotten along very well without hearing 24/7,or when swimming etc for decades.....Their friends can be taught some basic sign or the dhh kid can speechread!

No I don't think everyone needs to assimutate. Sorry if I offended you. I respect people who are happy with the way they are but I get offended by people who tell me to find a different group because I am deaf not Deaf. My daughter, who is HOH, is learning sign (so I use that for experience) is 13. She has some really good friend but if limited to sign their conversations are limited. For Deaf its not such a big deal because they have others who are Deaf. For people like us its limiting. Again I apologize if I offended you just want people to see both sides of the coin

ahah I asked a SIMPLE questions about what brand is CI only and soemone started it to act like surprise that i know nothing about CI. What a joke!

Why are you so surprised?? I don't read every CI threads because I do not have a CI. I do not plan to get a CI when i am eligible for a CI. I thought you knew that I am a happy Deaf and an ASL user. However, My hub has a cochlear. Thank you for the link. So it is advanced bioncis cool.

ahah I asked a SIMPLE questions about what brand is CI only and soemone started it to act like surprise that i know nothing about CI. What a joke!

I think I was the first one to express surprise about you not knowing about the Neptune. I remembered your hubby having a CI and thought that you would follow them more than you do because of him.

I see. I do not pay attention to the brand ci or able to hear but interested in finding the CHEAP affordable price for my hub. But I just learned new thing about the waterproof for a CI that i asked for what brand.

for this clarifiy, I do not like the idea of supporting the doctors to put implants on babies. Nothing else.

What kind of CI processor does your son have? I did not know that CI can be function in the water.

Janeb
friskys first question was the above.

it is a very simple question which asked the processor type. the last sentence was a statement stating very simply she didn't know ci are now waterproof.

to which you replied,

I am surprised you are asking this as many posts as have appeared about it.

by this question you admit an assumption. you assume frisky shoudl be aware of the latest novelty in the the ci world. because of according to you the many threads on it.
in the end less assuming would do you will

Janeb
friskys first question was the above.

it is a very simple question which asked the processor type. the last sentence was a statement stating very simply she didn't know ci are now waterproof.

to which you replied,

by this question you admit an assumption. you assume frisky shoudl be aware of the latest novelty in the the ci world. because of according to you the many threads on it.
in the end less assuming would do you will

Guess you feel the same thing if it happens to you. :)

No I don't think everyone needs to assimutate. Sorry if I offended you. I respect people who are happy with the way they are but I get offended by people who tell me to find a different group because I am deaf not Deaf. My daughter, who is HOH, is learning sign (so I use that for experience) is 13. She has some really good friend but if limited to sign their conversations are limited. For Deaf its not such a big deal because they have others who are Deaf. For people like us its limiting. Again I apologize if I offended you just want people to see both sides of the coin

We actually have a ton of people here who changed from deaf to Deaf.....and then there's "almost Deaf".....like people who may have been mainstreamed,grew up Oral but at the same time feel a very strong kinship to Deaf culture........There are late deafened etc who regularly post here....All are welcome......and that's AWESOME your daughter is learning ASL! That's actually the perfect age for a HOH/sucessfully oral kid (ie a kid who hasn't had a lot of trouble picking up speech) to learn ASL/become involved in Deaf culture.....social issues in high school can be a nightmare...Plus it does give dhh kids a positive identity etc.... Did you know she can attend Deaf camp to improve her ASL skills? Gally has a summer program for dhh teens to learn ASL....Summer Youth Programs - Gallaudet University
I can't find any Delaware School for the Deaf summer programs...but maybe contact them and ask them.....the NTID summer programs rock too.....and there's a plethora of other summer camps too....Summer Camps for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children and Teens
Most are HOH friendly.....look into them...She may REALLY benifit from camps....They're good for kids who are mainstreamed.......

Back