Sexuality Confusion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I understood what you mean, however, I respectfully disagreed.

I already mentioned it a several times, and I also was attacked to be forced to accept their non-religious beliefs as facts by unbelievers (with that reason, they think I'm so crazy/stupid for believing in the [KJV] Bible 100%)...

Therefore, it's not only believers/religious people. Non-religious people does, too.

I only speak out of my experience what I had been through with one religion of different religions and non-religions because my POV on Bible history was being attacked by some people who worship same religion and also being accused that I mock God etc which is not true, that's because I hurt their feeling. The bible history is public for everyone to read... I cannot hide the fact what I know from the bible. I only speak out what I know from bible history because I love to read bible history and know a lot about this, is fact, not mock... Yes, I also use it as theory sometimes... I have no problem with different religions and non-religions except one religion because we accept each other over our different POV on our beliefs. Yes, I know you are a good and neutral person because I know your posts at religion threads.

wow, I'm sorry that I didn't know that you was being attacked by non-beleivers over your beleif in KJV Bible. I must have miss it? I would ask them to respect your POV what you beleive in if I read their posts toward you. I'm sorry... - I know you & I have different POV over religion belief but you & I have no problem to respect each other... don't we? I know we have different POV but we are still friends...

There's no such thing as "ex-gay".

That would be like me waking up one day and calling myself an ex-straight.

IFone claims to be "ex-gay", one of 2 things are possible:

1) One was never homosexual to begin with, and was simply experimenting, or 2)one has slipped into a serious case of denial.

One does not have to be gay to particiapte in a homosexual realtionship. Likewise, a homosexual who chooses not to participate in a homosexual relationship does not suddenly become ex-gay through that conscious choice. They are just gay but not in a homosexual realtionship. A homosexual who refuses gay relationships, and participates only in heterosexual relationships despite knowing that they are gay is lying to both themselves and their partner. Dishonesty is not the stuff of a happy life.

I only speak out of my experience what I had been through with one religion of different religions and non-religions because my POV on Bible history was being attacked by some people who worship same religion and also being accused that I mock God etc which is not true, that's because I hurt their feeling. The bible history is public for everyone to read... I cannot hide the fact what I know from the bible. I only speak out what I know from bible history because I love to read bible history and know a lot about this, is fact, not mock... Yes, I also use it as theory sometimes... I have no problem with different religions and non-religions except one religion because we accept each other over our different POV on our beliefs. Yes, I know you are a good and neutral person because I know your posts at religion threads.
Okay, I understood. Sometimes, its really bugs me off when AD'ers kept saying only believers did as if it's "their faults" when it's not totally possible. I just hate see when it come to blame on "all" believers for many reasons here AllDeaf... yet I see a few unbelievers did attack others some time ago... so I don't think it's only believers, that point is, both just need to be stop a finger point at each other. My opinion...
wow, I'm sorry that I didn't know that you was being attacked by non-beleivers over your beleif in KJV Bible. I must have miss it? I would ask them to respect your POV what you beleive in if I read their posts toward you. I'm sorry... - I know you & I have different POV over religion belief but you & I have no problem to respect each other... don't we? I know we have different POV but we are still friends...

Heh, thanks. :ty: I'd aware of we are a different POVs. ;) But, not in here. Outside of AllDeaf; for actual example, they even called me an ignorant for believing in my Bible because many of them believed it is totally fairy-tale stories. There are more to say, but I'd rather to not bring some old news anyway.

Okay, let's go back on topic. ^_^;;

I think she's citing the "lifestyle" aspect in that carrying out what is "evil" and something you should (or are inclined to believe that you should) be ashamed of. If you are trying to get the heart of the matter, I agree wholeheartedly.

A homosexual who refuses gay relationships, and participates only in heterosexual relationships despite knowing that they are gay is lying to both themselves and their partner. Dishonesty is not the stuff of a happy life.

As usual, well said! This time, I didn't feel that it was clinical (except, maybe, your holding the dictionary's absolute authority on labels).

I have met older generations where, with no choice, a lesbian and a gay man would marry each other. 4 out of 5 that I know have produced no children. The one that did has children suspected of being homosexual. Their marriages, when I was a child, was a wonder and not without personality. When I'd become adult, I'd become privy to information that would color the picture.

Why do people practice subterfuge within interpersonal relationships and socially? Is it a form of protection against paranoia?

I think she's citing the "lifestyle" aspect in that carrying out what is "evil" and something you should (or are inclined to believe that you should) be ashamed of. If you are trying to get the heart of the matter, I agree wholeheartedly.

As usual, well said! This time, I didn't feel that it was clinical (except, maybe, your holding the dictionary's absolute authority on labels).

I have met older generations where, with no choice, a lesbian and a gay man would marry each other. 4 out of 5 that I know have produced no children. The one that did has children suspected of being homosexual. Their marriages, when I was a child, was a wonder and not without personality. When I'd become adult, I'd become privy to information that would color the picture.

Why do people practice subterfuge within interpersonal relationships and socially? Is it a form of protection against paranoia?

You hit the nail on the head. Self-protection. Not so sure that its paranoia in this case, as much as realistic fear.

You hit the nail on the head. Self-protection. Not so sure that its paranoia in this case, as much as realistic fear.

There is a realistic fear against homsexuality? The only ones I could think who'd consider it realistic would be the conversative status quo.

That's the problem with labels. I support several "conservative" viewpoints; on the other hand, when the "liberal" view is the most fair, I support it.

Whether or not men marry men, women marry women, Russian-Japanese marry Peruvian-Czechs is nobody's business but theirs. That view is neither conservative nor liberal; it's logical for anyone who has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States or who believes in civil liberties.

That's the problem with labels. I support several "conservative" viewpoints; on the other hand, when the "liberal" view is the most fair, I support it.

Whether or not men marry men, women marry women, Russian-Japanese marry Peruvian-Czechs is nobody's business but theirs. That view is neither conservative nor liberal; it's logical for anyone who has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States or who believes in civil liberties.

You and I believe the same.

There is a realistic fear against homsexuality? The only ones I could think who'd consider it realistic would be the conversative status quo.

No,that's not what I meant.:giggle:

I meant that the homosexual population has a realistic fear of discrimination by the heterosexual population.

Realistic fear applies to discrimination, not homosexuality. There is no such thing as a "realistic fear" of homosexuality; it is inherently unrealistic.

Agreed. However, it is difficult to discuss the topic of same sex relationships without using a label in some form. :dunno2:

Agree.

Agree, Liberal rocks! ;)

No,that's not what I meant.:giggle:

I meant that the homosexual population has a realistic fear of discrimination by the heterosexual population.

Realistic fear applies to discrimination, not homosexuality. There is no such thing as a "realistic fear" of homosexuality; it is inherently unrealistic.

Ah . . . yes, "self-protection". Justified paranoia due to past experiences and/or social conditioning.

In urban cities, they are finding that "gay ghettos" are on the decline. Aside from the fact that heterosexuals usually invade gay neighborhoods, they've found society much more accepting/welcoming that gay folks no longer feel the need to "band together." There is a decline in attendance to gay institutions because gay folks find acceptance almost everywhere.

Unfortunately, this doesn't reflect the same for those in rural areas (like West Virginia).

Apologies to the creator of this thread (Brian) for being :topic:

I have realistic fears due to homosexuality:

I fear there will be too few homosexual male couples. When there are lots, that leaves more females available who may have to settle for me.

Conversely, I fear too many homosexual female unions, as from my needy point of view, that's a terrible waste of womanhood.

(Sorry about this. I've been reading some other really stupid posts and thought I'd do one. Yeah, it's kind of fun.)

I fear there will be too few homosexual male couples. When there are lots, that leaves more females available who may have to settle for me.

Conversely, I fear too many homosexual female unions, as from my needy point of view, that's a terrible waste of womanhood.

(Sorry about this. I've been reading some other really stupid posts and thought I'd do one. Yeah, it's kind of fun.)

Don't forget . . . how'd anyone make sure you dress properly and arrange your furniture? Nevermind those fresh flowers that are obscenely positioned. :lol:

Everybody knows that when a gay couple moves in next door, the neighborhood becomes a bit more gay (that is, happier).

About the strongly religious family and the homosexual relationship.. My parents and my brother, some other of my families know that I was gay, but I never let any of my family members that are too strongly religious know that I was gay because I know it's unnecessary for them to know. If I have a panther and they find out, well that's their problem. I will be happy with my panther, they will probably are just trying to ruin our relationship just because of the religion beliefs. Also other reason why I never let them know is because I know it's not their business and they have to find out themselves, then learn how to deal with it themselves, I have absolute no responsiblities for them to learn how to accept my happiness.

You're funny!:laugh2: I guess my fears of the old adage that all the good men are either married or gay is realistic, too!

Don't forget . . . how'd anyone make sure you dress properly and arrange your furniture? Nevermind those fresh flowers that are obscenely positioned. :lol:

Everybody knows that when a gay couple moves in next door, the neighborhood becomes a bit more gay (that is, happier).

Don't forget.... home values go up!

Which draws a lot of single women to visit them, causing guys like Chase to stalk. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back