self-induced insomina

deafbajagal

Reaction score
Every time I go to sleep, I have vivid nightmares - so at this point I'm intentionally staying awake to avoid them. Already had four that woke me up, screaming and in tears. I guess I will pay for it when I go to work tomorrow.

This sucks!

I just take sleeping pills... knocks me out til the morning and I rarely remember my dreams.

Although they do carry a risk of being self-dependent so there's the con side.

I hope you can figure out what's causing your nightmares. Bad food, something you watched or did before bed?

The doctors are saying it's a result of PTSD. Bleh!

Sleeping pills, herb teas, warm baths, etc. I've tried it all. I guess I gotta deal with it. Lol

Aww. PTSD isnt good.

I hope you're able to successfully find the source of your nightmares. It's usually a sign that you're struggling with something in your personal life that you're keeping to yourself and the stress from it is causing you to sort of... lash out but in your dreams. Kinda difficult to explain, but...

Imagine me being in a trance..."when you hear my voice, I'll count to 3 and you'll wake up..."

Except I can't hear...does that mean I'll be asleep forever? LOL

It does sound like PTSD try going to walgreens and look for a natural over counter pill called melatonin its a sleep hormone you already have in your body i suggest 5mg its a little stronger than your 3 mg its a weaker form of those strong rx that doctors usually give out so weak that kids can take it i take one as i work the graveyard shift and usually need help getting a few hours of sleep before work it knocks you out fast you wont dream and u dont get that high feeling like rx meds give you. its non addictive. cost about 10 bucks. u wake up feeling refreshed.

It does sound like PTSD try going to walgreens and look for a natural over counter pill called melatonin its a sleep hormone you already have in your body i suggest 5mg its a little stronger than your 3 mg its a weaker form of those strong rx that doctors usually give out so weak that kids can take it i take one as i work the graveyard shift and usually need help getting a few hours of sleep before work it knocks you out fast you wont dream and u dont get that high feeling like rx meds give you. its non addictive. cost about 10 bucks. u wake up feeling refreshed.

this is the troof... works decent

Oh, they can. There are only a few therapists who can do it, though.

Come to think of it, I recall hearing this too but, at the time of the above post, I had levity in mind. :D

Back