Security Flaws

Yes, I'm wondering about what Apple said about fingerprint sensor got hacked.

I remember most laptops used to had fingerprints by 2000s but not anymore due to security flaws.

Yeah, at that time, biometrics was relatively new, but now, there are not as many security flaws with biometrics. I believe many companies are hesitant to make the move to biometrics because biometric equipment are costly.

on one of my fingers - I have a partial print because when I was a kid, I put my hand in the blender machine :eek3:

What was your hand doing in the blender machine?! Were you trying to make a handshake? No pun intended. Ha.

Biometrics generally doesn't require the device to detect all points on a finger as there are a certain number of points needed to make a valid detection. Think about criminal investigations as detectives need to meet a certain number of points on each finger to make an accurate match.

Yeah, that's true. Some people don't have them because of a rare genetic mutation, but the number of people not having fingerprints is really small anyway.
Not just the rare genetic mutation but people who are either born without fingers, hands or arms, or lost them due to injury or disease.

Maybe they aren't many but they deserve equal access and security.

Maybe they aren't many, but they deserve equal access and security.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. Just because biometrics wouldn't work for them, it doesn't mean there aren't other security measure alternatives.

Back