Second Child gets jealous...

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a 9 year old daughter and a 14 month old son.

When I was pregnant with my son, my husband and I were a little concerned that my daughter would get jealous of the baby since she had my attention all to herself for 8 years. Turns out my daughter wasnt jealous at all if we gave the baby attention. We make sure we give her attention too so all is fine.

Now...this is so funny. Now the baby gets jealous of my daughter. Whenever, my husband and I give attention to her or she sits with us, he stops playing, screams angrily, and runs to her trying to push her away or get us to pick him up.

My husband and I think it is sooo funny and we were surprised cuz we never thought of having to deal with him being jealous. LOL!

Did that happen with your younger kids about the older ones? This is new to me.

Wow... Hasn't happened with my kids yet, though they're also a lot closer in age (5 years and 10 months). That's definitely something to watch out for in the coming months, I guess!

Cute :giggle: Yes its happen my 5 and 3 years old girls

Wow... Hasn't happened with my kids yet, though they're also a lot closer in age (5 years and 10 months). That's definitely something to watch out for in the coming months, I guess!

It just started with my son this week and he just turned 14 months old. Maybe your 10 month old will do that soon. It is just tooo cute but we teach him that it is my daughter's turn to get our attention. If we let our son get his way now, he will learn that it is ok. I just cant help laughing when he screams at my daughter. Too cute for words! LOL!

I do not recongize my two sons because they are only 10 months apart. It is hard to tell if they are jealous each other. I always treat them as equal as much I can. :)

I love them to death !

I do not recongize my two sons because they are only 10 months apart. It is hard to tell if they are jealous each other. I always treat them as equal as much I can. :)

I love them to death !

Wow!!! 10 months apart. I didnt know that. U were a busy woman werent u? :naughty:

our boys is 14 months apart and 2nd son alwyas get jealousif myolder son hugs or playing with me.. thats normal

Aww, I remember when my first son was 5 at that time when my second son was born, he was fine at the begining, until his baby brother would get all the attention during feeding, burping, rocking etc....Even when my 5 years old needed me , I'm always there even while I'm holding the baby in my arms, but when his baby brother gets up from his nap by crying or on the baby swing being fussy, my 5 years old son would stoop his foot on the floor and said " mom he always cries all the time and I don't get no time with you alone "....Aww that's breaks my heart....I had to explain to him that no matter how many times I may give his baby brother attention, I will always find a way to spend much time with him alone, just the him and I....Sometimes we would go to the park while his baby brother is in the stroller sleeping...I didn't have any problems with my second son when I had the 3rd one....I guess he had a playmate and wasn't alone....

Now all my three boys are growing up, now theyre 16, 11 and 7 ....I still miss the memories when they were little, so many good times....

I don't have any experience to deal like this because I tried to treat them as equal as much I can.

When I was pregnant with 2nd child. I kept on tell my eldest son that he will have new sibling then he will play with... I let my eldest son go near his baby brother... and hold him... and look at me to change his diaper and ask him for the help to pick clean diaper... etc... Let him push the pram.... I made sure that my both sons are being treat as equal... I have time for them what I can...

Now all my three boys are growing up, now theyre 16, 11 and 7 ....I still miss the memories when they were little, so many good times....

Oh yeah, I miss to smell their baby skin... now they are big and do not have baby skin anymore... I have good memory to have them as babies... My boys are soon to be 14 and 11...

When I got 2nd child... around w/my older son actually little bit jealous but get used to around his newest sister.. He's happy and helping me... keep us together busy around w/baby girl... So far no problem..

came 3rd child.. Rest of two children are great helping no jealous but.. War each together who wanna holding the 3rd child boy.. (Driving me nuts) LOL

That's normal for children are easily adapt jealous for while become used w/along with new child.

when i was kid i was jealous of my sister and my brother zooom lol
cuz they spend lot time together they don't spend with me shrugs
now with us being older that is different they each have families

Back