Screwed up nucleus 5

Looks kinda like a chemical is melting the coil.
Do you use any products on your hair?

That's what my audiologist asked too. No I am not using any chemicals of products.

My zypher has not done this to my n5s .. the zypher doesn't have the UV light. It does look like it was melted... it could be possible your zypher is going out. When did you replace your dry brick last? Was the coil touching the dry brick? Is there any signs of melted plastic on the zypher itself?

My friend can't use the dry box with the uv light with his N5 as he's been told by cochlear that it melts the N5 plastic. His freedom was fine.

Makes sense, as my parts are very warm after using the box. Why would Cochlear give this drier kit to everyone if it was not safe to use the light?

I think Cochlear includes the Zephyr in their kits, no UV lighting with the Zephyr. Cochlear knew the UV light in the global dry and stores could harm the N5 products, hence why they have been telling their clients not to use the light.

Gemini, if you can, send a picture of the headpiece to Cochlear and demand they look into this. See if you can get an exchange for a new headpiece as well so they can investigate the ruined headpiece thoroughly; and don't put the headpiece in the Zephyr.

Makes sense, as my parts are very warm after using the box. Why would Cochlear give this drier kit to everyone if it was not safe to use the light?

They gave out the Globel with the Freedom and then started giving out the Zephyr with the N5 as they say the light will harm the N5 but have no idea why tho. Maybe the Freedom and N5 are made out of a different type of plastic but only guessing.

We need more details than "this recently happened". Okay.....where and when did you find it like that? Did it happen gradually or did you just wake up one morning and it was like that? Did you find it like that in the zephr? Or did you find it like that after you took it out of the dryer when you left it in a pants pocket ;) kidding, but really if you gave us more details maybe people could help you figure it out.

I swear I go through this kind of thing all the time with my kids.....stuff doesn't just happen.

Back