Sarah Palin Quits

He's trying to be "careful" with the money? Wotta laugh. Look, today marks the day that for the first time in U.S. history the Obama administration hits the $1 trillion dollar deficit mark.

Nine months into the fiscal year, the federal deficit has topped $1 trillion for the first time.

The imbalance is intensifying fears about higher interest rates and inflation, and already pressuring the value of the dollar. There's also concern about trying to reverse the deficit -- by reducing government spending or raising taxes -- in the midst of a harsh recession.

The Treasury Department said Monday that the deficit in June totaled $94.3 billion, pushing the total since the budget year started in October to nearly $1.1 trillion.

The deficit has been propelled by the huge sum the government has spent to combat the recession and financial crisis, combined with a sharp decline in tax revenues. Paying for wars in Iraq and Afghanistan also is a major factor.

The country's soaring deficits are making Chinese and other foreign buyers of U.S. debt nervous, which could make them reluctant lenders down the road. It could force the Treasury Department to pay higher interest rates to make U.S. debt attractive longer-term.

"These are mind boggling numbers," said Sung Won Sohn, an economist at the Smith School of Business at California State University. "Our foreign investors from China and elsewhere are starting to have concerns about not only the value of the dollar but how safe their investments will be in the long run."
Federal Budget Deficit Tops $1 Trillion for the First Time - Political News - FOXNews.com

That's not being careful. Rather it's that Obama and the Democrat-controlled Congress are and were reckless with OUR money. Puhlease. Trying to be careful?? Pshaww!

This is the BEST News I've heard since my being cleared to graduate at Minnesota State University Moorhead. We need to get Obama out, impeachment if we have to. Our economy is so bad and, as a former Democrat, I have totally been repulsed by Obama and his entire staff.

We need leadership and Obama is NOT leading. We have way too many people out of work, college grads that can't find work at a liveable wage and way too many people having to work two, three or more jobs just to keep food on the table at jobs they can't stand.

We need change and the sooner we get Obama out, the sooner we can get to what's important to the United States, not by taking away our grandchildrens' grandchildrens money the way that man is.

My 401K went up for a change. Obama must be doing something right. I see this as the beginning of a turnaround of a bad situtation.

He's trying to be "careful" with the money? Wotta laugh. Look, today marks the day that for the first time in U.S. history the Obama administration hits the $1 trillion dollar deficit mark.

That's not being careful. Rather it's that Obama and the Democrat-controlled Congress are and were reckless with OUR money. Puhlease. Trying to be careful?? Pshaww!

Okay, I had to look twice at both comments and I see that we have a consensus!

Sarah Palin is a bit of an enigma to me.

Her resignation speech seemed to be a long ramble of sorts.

I think her resignation was due to a variety of factors. I think she alienated the republican party in Alaska. I think she had family issues at home that were compounded by being involved in politics. I think there was a temptation to earn millions in book deals and shows.

My 401K went up for a change. Obama must be doing something right. I see this as the beginning of a turnaround of a bad situtation.

don't count your chickens before they hatched!

don't count your chickens before they hatched!

Why not? That is precisely what all the negative people are doing. No matter what Obama does, it is always wrong to all the negative members here. Heaven help anyone here that tries to see any type of positive out of his administration. Gang up and beat them down with negatives.

Why not? That is precisely what all the negative people are doing. No matter what Obama does, it is always wrong to all the negative members here. Heaven help anyone here that tries to see any type of positive out of his administration. Gang up and beat them down with negatives.

all for more reason why we should stop wasting our time finger-pointing and blaming Bush for everything. One man cannot single-handedly ruin everything. The blood is on our hands and (both D & R) Congressmen's hands because we enabled Bush Administration.

As Obama said - move on and focus on presence and future.

all for more reason why we should stop wasting our time finger-pointing and blaming Bush for everything. One man cannot single-handedly ruin everything. The blood is on our hands and (both D & R) Congressmen's hands because we enabled Bush Administration.

You were the one responsible for screwing up the economy! There, I pointed my finger at someone today.

You were the one responsible for screwing up the economy! There, I pointed my finger at someone today.

I blame you <point point point> for Iraq War screw up! You left us hanging there by leaving early! :mad2:

I blame you <point point point> for Iraq War screw up! You left us hanging there by leaving early! :mad2:

We didn't even go to Iraq in the first place. Although we did help y'all out on Afghanistan which is turning into a nightmare at the moment.

We can't get anything right.

We didn't even go to Iraq in the first place. Although we did help y'all out on Afghanistan which is turning into a nightmare at the moment.

oh woop. brain fart there. so yea - I blame you for prolonging Afghanistan War! :|

oh woop. brain fart there. so yea - I blame you for prolonging Afghanistan War! :|

There you go! I blame you for not doing squat about your frickin' healthcare system.

what diffence did it make?

after all the canidian military consists of
Army is a bunch of drunken hockey player swing their sticks,
their air force is a bunch flying squirrels
theur navy is drunken fishermen in a canoe

least we not forget the armored snowmoblies were worthless in the desert

:P

There you go! I blame you for not doing squat about your frickin' healthcare system.

I blame you for this global warming since you're our #1 oil exporter! You're worse than cocaine dealer!

and I blame you for taking all of our softwood lumber!

I blame you for making us do the job for you

2n8u3h4.jpg

I have never blamed Bush for everything; just for his decision to invade Iraq. He had lots of help with other issues.

Banjo,

Afghanistan has ALWAYS been a problem!! They always have been a problem and they always WILL BE a problem! Lebanon is the same way and Pakistan wants the West Bank first, then all of Israel. Funny thing is, if you look into history dating back centuries and into B.C., they don't have the right to claim Israel at all, it's not their country.

If anyone thinks that we'd solve all the problems if we just let Israel go and not support it, if you think the economy here is bad now, just wait for that to happen!

This morning, I watched ABC's Good Morning America on TV. They said that Sarah is unpopularity (down to 40%)

Back