Sandwich Thins

LakeTahoe

Reaction score
Have you try those? I bought one today at BJ's and LOVES it!!! So light not heavy as wheat bread. MMM! It's so good! Only two kinds...multi grains or whole wheat. That's all I can find for now. I think I did saw white one but I can be wrong. I ate it with sloppy joes....:) What next? Ummm lol!
a_thins_multi.jpg

i'm sorry, but what are sandwich thins? can you describe them to me? i've never seen or heard of them before.

They are quite new...its hard to explain...you can't see picture right?

umm its very thin bread I guess..but not heavy as regular bread. Its only like 100 calories and it has low carb on it as well. I am trying my best...but when you go to grocery shopping, you might want to check it out. :) I like light and simple!
i'm sorry, but what are sandwich thins? can you describe them to me? i've never seen or heard of them before.

no, i can't see the picture because i'm totally blind. how do sandwich thins compare to regular bread? are they the same shape as a normal loaf of bread?

what the heck is sandwich thin? :scratch: so the only difference is that it's very thin??

i'm glad i'm not the only one who has no idea what a sandwich thin is. smile.

Me neither, this is the first I've heard of one. But you know how our country is, they're always making those new and wacky stuff.

Judging from sources and the pic LT provided, if you can picture a real thin hamburger bun or a bagel, like probably 2/3rds of your average real bagel cut out, that's a full sandwich thin.

Did some googling, apparently the nutrition on it isn't bad either. check it out:

Arnold's Select: Multigrain Sandwich Thins
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Roll (43g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 230mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Sugars 2g
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 0%
Iron 6%
Thiamin (B1) 8%
Riboflavin (B2) 4%
Niacin (B3) 6%
Folic Acid (Folate) 6%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 9.0% Carbs 88.0%
Protein 16.0%

qrk9sj.jpg

here's another pic if someone can do a better job with the description than I did.

Thanks Naisho. :)

Yea more thinner than regular hamburger buns and breads too. It is round not rectangle like wheat bread.

No, I haven't tried this one before never notice with all kind of breads when I don't have time to stay still longer. I got a bad habit chosen the same brands.

Oh thats something new, mmm..it looks delicious!
i have never seen it around here but will
keep an eye out on it as im a pre diabetic
so this type of bread will be perfect for me!
I eat pumpernickle bread a lot as i dont
eat white bread since it is a no no for me.

Thanks for the info, Lake Tahoe!

thanks for the description, naisho. lake tahoe, when you bite into a sandwich thin, what does it taste like? is it light and fluffy?

Oh thats something new, mmm..it looks delicious!
i have never seen it around here but will
keep an eye out on it as im a pre diabetic
so this type of bread will be perfect for me!
I eat pumpernickle bread a lot as i dont
eat white bread since it is a no no for me.

Thanks for the info, Lake Tahoe!

what's pre-diabetic?

what's pre-diabetic?

a pre-diabetic is someone who has blood sugar levels that are elevated, but not elevated enough to be considered a full-fledged diabetic. having said that, pre-diabetics still need to be extremely careful about the foods they eat so as not to cause their blood sugar to spike placing them at risk for diabetes.

a pre-diabetic is someone who has blood sugar levels that are elevated, but not elevated enough to be considered a full-fledged diabetic. having said that, pre-diabetics still need to be extremely careful about the foods they eat so as not to cause their blood sugar to spike placing them at risk for diabetes.

Yes, you are exactly right! that is what i have, i nearly
got diabetes but my doctor caught it in time so she put me
on diabetic diet. I lost 35 lbs so that helps a lot and i still have
to watch my sugar intake and all. Diabetes runs on my dad's side
of family so im prone to get diabetes if im not careful.

Yes, you are exactly right! that is what i have, i nearly
got diabetes but my doctor caught it in time so she put me
on diabetic diet. I lost 35 lbs so that helps a lot and i still have
to watch my sugar intake and all. Diabetes runs on my dad's side
of family so im prone to get diabetes if im not careful.

thank you, misty.

i didn't want to reply to that question and thought i'd let you do that instead, but then i thought i'd take a stab based on what i knew. i used to be pre-diabetic last year when i weighed 157 pounds. because of my bipolar, i ended up losing 30 pounds throughout the year and have since lost another 25 dropping from 125 pounds down to 110. it's amazing how close i was to actually being diabetic. having said that, i do need to be cautious of diabetes since the antipsychotic i take is known for causing it.

do you have a blood sugar meter, misty?

No i have never seen the thin breads. one of those days, i will check them out. but i know myself that i am old fashioned gal who stick with regular breads. :shrug:

Last edited:
thank you, misty.

i didn't want to reply to that question and thought i'd let you do that instead, but then i thought i'd take a stab based on what i knew. i used to be pre-diabetic last year when i weighed 157 pounds. because of my bipolar, i ended up losing 30 pounds throughout the year and have since lost another 25 dropping from 125 pounds down to 110. it's amazing how close i was to actually being diabetic. having said that, i do need to be cautious of diabetes since the antipsychotic i take is known for causing it.

do you have a blood sugar meter, misty?

Oh, thats ok, i dont mind if you answer before i do. I dont always
answer right away as im pretty busy taking care of my best friend,
she had eye surgery recently and i had to do a lot of driving for her
and all.
Yeah, it does help if you lose some weight if you are overweight like
i was and my dr. was real pleased that i took an effort to do something
with my weight problem as i knew that it could lead to full blown
diabetes. I had to visit a teaching nurse once a week for about a month
to learn about diabetes and what foods to avoid and what foods to
eat, etc.
Yes, i do have a blood sugar meter. Since my blood sugar is better
now, my dr said for me to check my blood sugar once every 2 weeks
to make sure it is still normal. I still have to watch what i eat for the
rest of my life.

misty,

last year my doctor wanted me to test my blood sugar (there are talking blood glucose meters available for the blind), but fortunately i ended up losing 30 pounds last year which meant that i was no longer pre-diabetic. however, i still need to be careful since my antipsychotic is capable of causing diabetes, so that will always be a concern for me since i will be on this med (or another antipsychotic if this one stops working) for the rest of my life.

Back